My Cannondale Team Flash Carbon Ultimate *NOV* Page 13

Comments

• Just pick up my new decals for my Edge/Enve wheelset. What you think?
    DSC01638.jpg
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
    Cannondale Flash Ultimate 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2009
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    They look good, I like your top tube decal too. Shame the Maxxis decals don't match, don't you have the Freds with green lettering!?
  • Simonhi
    Simonhi Posts: 229
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    Just pick up my new decals for my Edge/Enve wheelset. What you think?
    DSC01638.jpg

Very custom John, I think those are the rims I'm looking at as a second set for my bike. SHoudl shave a few more grammes off !!!
  • njee20 wrote:
    They look good, I like your top tube decal too. Shame the Maxxis decals don't match, don't you have the Freds with green lettering!?

Did have. Wore to the ground. No joke they look like slicks now :lol:
    Saying that I managed to pick up another set. Came off the new 2011 Scalpel but I'm waiting for other parts before I can get hold of them.
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Xgreygoose wrote:

They started out looking like slicks :lol: The decals look great, but your hub doesn't match the rest of the green.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • thel33ter wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:

They started out looking like slicks :lol: The decals look great, but your hub doesn't match the rest of the green.

You mean semi-slicks :lol: :roll: Guess your not a fan of Fred's.
    Not suppose to. The lime apple green go's with the frame while the hubs go's with other parts of the bike.(all bolts,rotors,skewer etc). Of course if there was a very light lime apple green lefty hub, I would use that. :D
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • An amazing few bikes, but I don't think the yellow of the tyres go with the green. The green of the Schwalbe's go much better!

Dunedin
  • Lucozade1 wrote:
    Gob smacked...... Awesome machines, can't pick one as my favourite...

You have great bikes and a great sense whats what when it comes to a build...

Nice one :wink:

Thanks mate :) I do try my best. But these days it's hard to keep up. So many fine bikes out there plus the parts just keeps getting lighter, stronger and better.
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • My new custom saddle from Dash Cycles has arrived. An impressive 68g seat for a 95kg rider and its comfortable too. Of course with a help of a good pair of chamois bicycle shorts :)
    DSC01751-1.jpg
    DSC01821-1.jpg

Also I couldn't myself but I bought a new Carbon-Ti 42T (120BCD) carbon/Alu chainring.
    DSC01786-1.jpg

Now that the weather is super dry and dusty, I am able use both Maxxlite 285 tires (man it's fast) but they do wear out pretty quickly. I guess that's my fault for using "Race Day" tires :)
    DSC01732-1.jpg

A new weight for the bike but still able to keep the rider's weight (90kg) bike limit
    DSC01827-1.jpg
    6970g that's 15.38lbs
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    That seat looks interesting, rather you than me.
  • Briggo wrote:
    That seat looks interesting, rather you than me.

:lol:
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    I am extremely envious of both your bike and your weather... :wink:
  • I am extremely envious of both your bike and your weather... :wink:

Cheers mate. Not for long, I back home in Scotland on Thursday. I'm going to freeze my nuts off or there going to disappear somewhere :lol: I've haven't been home for winter in over 15yrs. The day light thing is also going to be strange too. Looking forward to some MTB riding.
    (I think I am anyway) :)

BTW did you get the Ti- springs done? Myself I manage to do another set.
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • You bringing the bikes back with you then Goose? Or do you have other bikes for UK riding?
  • You bringing the bikes back with you then Goose? Or do you have other bikes for UK riding?

Planing just to take my Scalpel back for the XC rides but I do have another bike the Ibis Mojo HD that my nephew sometimes borrows. My fingers are cross that it is still in one piece.
    It f#@king better be! :lol:
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • We need pics of the Mojo HD too! One of those is top of my want list.
  • Gorgeous MTBs with amazing specs!

Those Hooligans look good fun too, is it tricked up also?
    *Rock Lobster Team Tig SL (22lb 14oz)
    *C. Late 1950's Fixed Gear
    *1940 Raleigh Dawn Tourist with rod brakes
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    BTW did you get the Ti- springs done? Myself I manage to do another set.

Not yet. I'm hoping to get a specific tool made that should sort me out. I'm not in any rush at the moment as the back end of the NRS hasn't come back from the resprayers yet.
  • My GOD!!!! It's F#$king freezing here in Scotland. I can't find my nuts. Snow storm. Bloody hell. I don't know how you guys do it. :shock:
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • chick0
    chick0 Posts: 338
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    My GOD!!!! It's F#$king freezing here in Scotland. I can't find my nuts. Snow storm. Bloody hell. I don't know how you guys do it. :shock:

I'm back in Scotland right now too John, and feeling just as shocked as you... And I'm now glad i never made the extra effort to bring a bike, as out running polar bears will be impossible in these conditions ;)
  • Simonhi
    Simonhi Posts: 229
    I'm heading to Skye on Wednesday ... Should be fun in a rear wheel drive BMW with a three litre twin turbo :-0
  • Beautiful bike, truly a work of art!

Loving the weight, must be crazy riding something that light. My father in law has a road bike in the 5kg range, and that feels crazy light to even look at.
  • chick0 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    My GOD!!!! It's F#$king freezing here in Scotland. I can't find my nuts. Snow storm. Bloody hell. I don't know how you guys do it. :shock:

I'm back in Scotland right now too John, and feeling just as shocked as you... And I'm now glad i never made the extra effort to bring a bike, as out running polar bears will be impossible in these conditions ;)

Just arrived back from sunny, warm Scotland............what a nightmare :evil: . I haven't been back home in November in over 20years. I think it will be another 20years before I go back to Scotland again in November.
    What a waste of time bring my bike back. Did some skiing instead :)

Beautiful bike, truly a work of art!

Loving the weight, must be crazy riding something that light. My father in law has a road bike in the 5kg range, and that feels crazy light to even look at.

Thanks MountainMonster. Yes, I do love the Flash. I enjoy flying over the trails :lol:
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • Got my Flash featured on the lightbike-magazine.es

Have a look here
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • Hi Xgreygoose,

What a marvellous bike!!.

After reading your posts, I am planning to replace my 2006 Rush by a 2011 Ultimate Flash; well also from Flying Ball.

I would like to seek your advice on wheel selection. I am also 6 ft tall and about 200 lbs. I wonder if the DT Swiss XCR 1.2 can support me because according to the spec., the max. rider weigh is 90KG. I tend to "downgrade" to Mavic Crossmax SLR for my Flash to avoid similar situation.

Any other suggestion?

BTW, how can you get 20% off? It is a real bargain. I can only get 10%.

Thanks.
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    Got my Flash featured on the lightbike-magazine.es

Have a look here

Absolute dream!
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • AndyD2574 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:

Have a look here

Absolute dream!

+1

when's the jekyll due? cant wait to see it
    BTW how much are the eclipse inner tubes you use, cant find price for them
  • norush wrote:
    Hi Xgreygoose,

After reading your posts, I am planning to replace my 2006 Rush by a 2011 Ultimate Flash; well also from Flying Ball.

I would like to seek your advice on wheel selection. I am also 6 ft tall and about 200 lbs. I wonder if the DT Swiss XCR 1.2 can support me because according to the spec., the max. rider weigh is 90KG. I tend to "downgrade" to Mavic Crossmax SLR for my Flash to avoid similar situation.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

90kg is only about 2 or 3 pounds shy of the 200 pound mark, so you most likely wouldn't have any problems. Alot of weight restrictions are only there to cover the companies ar*e in the case of something happening.
  • norush wrote:
    Hi Xgreygoose,

Any other suggestion?

Thanks.
    Hey norush,

The wheelset, DT Swiss XCR 1.2 are awesome. You will have absolute no problem with your weight. I've seen a big guy using them. I'm pretty sure he was 220lbs+. Of course if plan to go technical like Tai Mo Shan then no no.
    They are a tough wheelset for XC riding and are very stiff considering how light they are. I do love them. I have 2 sets, one of them are on my Scalpel at the moment, also I'm a big fan of DT swiss 190 hubs.

2011 DT Swiss XCR 1.2 wheelset have UD carbon rims this year on the Flash. For sure it will be a bit stiffer and better looking to :)

IMHO SLR's are over rated. Had a pair on my old Scalpel and I found them to be on the softer side plus parts are nightmare to get.
    AndyD2574 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:

Have a look here

Absolute dream!
    Cheers mate. How is your Flash doing? Any more big crashes? :)

tri-sexual wrote:
    AndyD2574 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:

Have a look here

Absolute dream!

+1

Hey tri-sexual. How's it going? Long time no here?
    Still waiting for the Jekyll :cry: I guess Santa's not coming until late Jan. I have most of my parts that I need so I am just waiting for the bike. I watch this video just to torture myself :)

My friend Robert has them at r2-bike.de 58 euro here
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    norush wrote:
    Hi Xgreygoose,

Any other suggestion?

Thanks.
    Hey norush,

The wheelset, DT Swiss XCR 1.2 are awesome. You will have absolute no problem with your weight. I've seen a big guy using them. I'm pretty sure he was 220lbs+. Of course if plan to go technical like Tai Mo Shan then no no.
    They are a tough wheelset for XC riding and are very stiff considering how light they are. I do love them. I have 2 sets, one of them are on my Scalpel at the moment, also I'm a big fan of DT swiss 190 hubs.

2011 DT Swiss XCR 1.2 wheelset have UD carbon rims this year on the Flash. For sure it will be a bit stiffer and better looking to :)

IMHO SLR's are over rated. Had a pair on my old Scalpel and I found them to be on the softer side plus parts are nightmare to get.
    AndyD2574 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:

Have a look here

Absolute dream!
    Cheers mate. How is your Flash doing? Any more big crashes? :)

tri-sexual wrote:
    AndyD2574 wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:

Have a look here

Absolute dream!

+1

Hey tri-sexual. How's it going? Long time no here?
    Still waiting for the Jekyll :cry: I guess Santa's not coming until late Jan. I have most of my parts that I need so I am just waiting for the bike. I watch this video just to torture myself :)

My friend Robert has them at r2-bike.de 58 euro here

Thankfully no more crashes!!
    Riding great ......did the relentless 24 on it and not a hitch the full time.......just great........starting to think about how I can justify another cannondale full suss??????
    Keep on posting your updates mate........love seeingt how your machine is developing! :D
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk