My Cannondale Team Flash Carbon Ultimate *NOV* Page 13

Comments

• Wow. How do you decide which one to take out on a ride?! It must be agony for you I'm sure...

I'm suprised you can afford a house to prop them up against!
    Good work nontheless, we're all jealous but we'd all get our dream bikes if we could.
    Society is like a stew. You have to stir things up now and again otherwise the scum will rise to the top.
  • Yeah pretty jealous now...
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The hooligan I like. These little wheels handle like nothing else!
  • Incredibly nice bkes, I was making plans, then I saw your dog :(
  • akcc05
    akcc05 Posts: 336
    those small wheelers are crazily popular in Hong Kong.

damn my roadie weighs more than 8kg, looks like flying ball has been making big money from you xgreygoose. Where do you ride? Lantau?
  • Xgreygoose
    Xgreygoose Posts: 371
    edited January 2010
    akcc05 wrote:
    those small wheelers are crazily popular in Hong Kong.

damn my roadie weighs more than 8kg, looks like flying ball has been making big money from you xgreygoose. Where do you ride? Lantau?

They love those Dahon folding bikes.

Yes, Flying ball, I know the owner. Mr.Lee. They are the Sole distributor of Cannondale in Asia. He gave me a good discount on the Flash and also the Scalpel I bought last year :D
    I ride everywhere, Lantau, Tai Mo Shan, NT. If you come out to HK (or anyone else), I'll take you out. You can use my Scalpel 8)
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
    Cannondale Flash Ultimate 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2009
  • thats one seriously Stunning bike! Uber dribble worthy! just stunning!
    Love the hooligan! its Awsome! looks like so much fun!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Ta much to everyone for all the nice words and funny comments. Yes I Do love my bikes :lol:

Will be taking the Flash on a 65km epic today. Should be fun 8)
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • Can't see for my hard on!
  • New tires just came in Maxxis MaxxLite 285 Tire.
    32929.jpg
    DSC02342-1.jpg

GOOD NEWS- New weight of my Flash :D

DSC02344.jpg
    That's 7.73kg :D

Also new Wheels will be arriving soon from Germany.
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    :shock:

With that weight I can win every XC race with that bike.
  • bigboned
    bigboned Posts: 151
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    glen4 wrote:
    very nice, saw one at my LBS, well impressed 8) ......can't help thinking would rather build to my own spec tho'

And in the end a complete bike is wee bit :wink: :roll: cheaper than a custom build bike :)

lol yeah cos i can see you are the tight fisted type!
    For the muddy - Boardman comp frame ( to match the roadie) running saint/ fox
    For the blacktop - Boardman Pro Carbon

'Currently listening to Motley Crue's Girls Girls Girls'
  • bigboned wrote:
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    glen4 wrote:
    very nice, saw one at my LBS, well impressed 8) ......can't help thinking would rather build to my own spec tho'

And in the end a complete bike is wee bit :wink: :roll: cheaper than a custom build bike :)

lol yeah cos i can see you are the tight fisted type!

Only when I'm shopping with the wife :lol::lol:
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • stick the scalpel on the scales
    like to know what it says :D
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    .... you sir are doing our country out of some serious income tax :lol:
  • tri-sexual wrote:
    stick the scalpel on the scales
    like to know what it says :D
    DSC02347.jpg

Just over 20lbs. I guess that's ok for a Full Suspension bike :lol:
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    you should go to a roadie ride. i bet you will beat them all :lol:
  • Stoo61 wrote:
    .... you sir are doing our country out of some serious income tax :lol:

:lol: That's why I left. Income Tax back home is WAY to high to make a good living.
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • chick0
    chick0 Posts: 338
    Beautiful bikes. I really love the stance of the Flash, looks like its at speed even when its not moving!
    You have the perfect hard tail race bike, you have the perfect full suss race bike, but where is the bike for those epic big mountain rides, you my friend need to get yourself a RZ One40 Carbon 1 :)

Thanks for sharing..

ps, can you give a quick review of how the Flash rides...
  • Though I would share some more pic's of my Flash. :D
    I replaced my GOBI XM seat to a Custom Fizik Aliante and also some white ESI grips (better make full use of them as it was a gift from the wife).
    I know the grips are not going to stay white for very long but I do have a large bottle of Isopropyl Alcohol to keep them clean. :D

Testing the saddle's position today on a easy XC 1 hour ride. Very happy with the seat but the grips are going to be a pain cleaning it.

DSC02482.jpg
    DSC02505.jpg
    DSC02497.jpg
    DSC02492.jpg
    DSC02483.jpg
    DSC02502.jpg
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Very, very nice. Just been scan reading the Mtb Action C'Dale F4 report. Their last one rated it highly too. Know a girl who did the Transalps on a basic Dale, and loved it. Always wanted a Dale, but not carbon.

May go for the Trail SL frame or cheapest version, dump kit for the frame get a Lefty fitted. Undecided as yet.

Need - want! - lightweight hardtail, with at least 120 forks, or more. Ideas???
  • May i just say, dont ride it to hard in case you snap it :s
  • May i just say, dont ride it to hard in case you snap it :s

I'm 6 foot, weigh just under 200lbs (14.3 stone). Have been riding it pretty hard ( XC and single trails) haven't snap it yet :)
    Been riding Cannondale for almost 5 years. Very well made bikes plus they have a life time warranty. I have nothing to worry about :D
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • Splottboy wrote:
    Very, very nice. Just been scan reading the Mtb Action C'Dale F4 report. Their last one rated it highly too. Know a girl who did the Transalps on a basic Dale, and loved it. Always wanted a Dale, but not carbon.

May go for the Trail SL frame or cheapest version, dump kit for the frame get a Lefty fitted. Undecided as yet.

Need - want! - lightweight hardtail, with at least 120 forks, or more. Ideas???

Should have look at the Alloy Flash F1 or F2. My mate's wife just bought a F1 in white, looks great especially with the one piece all white lefty 8)
    AlloyF1.jpg
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • Lookimg good there Mr Goose. Shame the grips don't stay white for lomg, Iwanted a set. But being the obssessive compulsive that I am, I knew they would bug me LOL.

Not much coverage of the ESI grips in the UK, I tested them this morning on my maiden voyage and must say I am impressed so far :)

Nice work that man!!! 8)
  • steadyuk
    steadyuk Posts: 295
    Xgreygoose,

The Flash looks the proverbial..

Currently running a Taurine Team 07 and was looking to get upgrade to a Scalpel Carbon but have read some of the Flash reviews it sounds like with the vertical compliance in the frame and the seat post flex that the things rides like a soft tail.

Geo looks pretty much the same as Taurine too. I'm 6ft and run a 410mm Thomson post at almost max insert. How much setapost length have you got to spare on the Flash. What stem length are you running? Have you found anywhere that sells the Flash as a frame only (is there a diferecne between Hi-Mod and Team?)
  • steadyuk wrote:
    Xgreygoose,

The Flash looks the proverbial..

Currently running a Taurine Team 07 and was looking to get upgrade to a Scalpel Carbon but have read some of the Flash reviews it sounds like with the vertical compliance in the frame and the seat post flex that the things rides like a soft tail.

Geo looks pretty much the same as Taurine too. I'm 6ft and run a 410mm Thomson post at almost max insert. How much setapost length have you got to spare on the Flash. What stem length are you running? Have you found anywhere that sells the Flash as a frame only (is there a diferecne between Hi-Mod and Team?)

Yes, its an awesome bike. Very stiff but flexi when you need it to be. The seatpost is an amazing piece of kit :D . It flex's only when you need it like going over small bumps.I wouldn't say it rides like a soft tail but on occasion it will feel like one.
    DSC02491.jpg
    The length is 440mm or 410mm (have to double check on that) but I'm sure its 440mm.
    I did cut it down to 360mm to save some grams. Stem length is 90mm x 95 deg x 31.8 clamp. Frame is a Medium. ( I'm just under 6foot ) I did try a large but it felt too long for me. Same for my new Team Scalpel frame I bought a MED. The geo on the Scalpel is wee bit different.
    I presume you are getting your bike frame from Cannondale Europe as I know the Hi-Mod frame is black/green and rest of world is black/red. The only difference between Hi-Mod and Team frame is the decal (graphics) and you can see the UD carbon more. Weight is same (950grams) Also I know it is not possible just to buy the TEAM frame.
    BTW excellent choice on your upgrades :D Do let me know which bike you get :D
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • IIRC U.S.E stems come in at 400m, I know the carbon version (which I have) is defo 400mm, and XGG is right, great piece of kit :D
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    steadyuk wrote:
    Have you found anywhere that sells the Flash as a frame only

Any Cannondale dealer