My Cannondale Team Flash Carbon Ultimate *NOV* Page 13

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Claimed weight on the XRC1250s is 1210g IIRC, but that's for Centrelock standard hubs, guess the Lefty ones are about the same, either way your Edge ones are gonna be very similar.
    Aye, no worriers. Yes the Innolite rims do look nice but you know what I've not heard or have anyone ever talk about these before. Have you use or know of anyone who has use these rims

There's a few folk on Weight Weenies using them, one chap has a set built up on Extralite Ultrahub SPDs with Pillar spokes, 970g, he's no featherweight either!
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i just had a crisis :shock:

thats beautiful and super light. with the amount of nice bikes this year the 2010 forum bike of the year award will be hard to decide
  • Absolutely amazing, truly the nicest bike I have seen on here (IMO) - Well maybe apart from your Scalpels :lol:

As for the weight thats incredible, to put a different perspective on it its only 380 grams heavier then the minimum weight for a Tour de France bike......
  • mikee1979
    mikee1979 Posts: 151
    Thats a crazy light (and stunning) bike.

Would'nt want to take it out on windy day it would get taken away with a gust!
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    Woo Hoo.............loved this so much.................gone and got one!!!

Got the Flash Hi-Mod 2.............not riden it yet but hope it can look as good as yours!!
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • Bighead
    Bighead Posts: 260
    Hi Xgreygoose what dust caps are you using? Nice bike!
  • Looks awesome. But it needs a proper fork. It would be like riding Heather Mills!
  • Xgreygoose
    Xgreygoose Posts: 371
    Bighead wrote:
    Hi Xgreygoose what dust caps are you using? Nice bike!
    They are just regular Ano green caps from my LBS.

Pick up a new light set a couple of weeks ago. The new Lupine Betty. 1850 lumens of pure lightness 8) Super super bright. I still can't believe how bright this light is. It now makes me want to ride all the time at night. Love it :lol:

DSC01405.jpg
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
    Cannondale Flash Ultimate 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2009
  • Simonhi
    Simonhi Posts: 229
    Did you go for the switch Peppi swith too ?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/lup ... RRWidgetID

ALso, looking at this light for winter / night riding. Very compact and as bright as the day !!!
  • Xgreygoose
    Simonhi wrote:
    Did you go for the switch Peppi swith too ?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/lup ... RRWidgetID

ALso, looking at this light for winter / night riding. Very compact and as bright as the day !!!

Hey Simonhi,

Nope. Mine is the new Betty II with the Integrated Switch. The older model has the external switch which I'm not a big fan cause I like to keep my handlebars cluster free of mounts. Like the clean look. :) Plus the new Betty II has 100 Lumens more.
    http://www.lupine.de/web/en/products/lightheads/betty/
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • Simonhi
    Cheers John,

I'm soooo far out of touch, It makes sense why a lot of peeps are discounting the old ones then.

It's a shame I can't use my Halcyon HID dive light !!!
  • That looks amazing, so different, what its like to ride??
    Specialized Epic FSR Carbon Comp (10)

Carrera banshee (10) the heaviest bike in the world, but my god is it strong....grrrrrrrrr

http://original.justgiving.com/richardeniffer
  • Xgreygoose
    That looks amazing, so different, what its like to ride??

Thanks. Its very light, fantastically fast, at just under 16 pounds, the bike responded to every movement almost instantaneously, with quick accelerations and cornering is sharp. Climbing steep hills takes me no effort :D . The carbon frame and especially the rear absorb a lot yet there seems to be no sacrifice in lateral stiffness which is good being a large guy. Also with my new Edge wheelset they feel super stiff and I feel more confident and happy to cruise through any rough terrain and even handle some short drops.
    The weird and wonderful feeling is the quicker you go, (with the help of my Lefty) the smoother the ride is.
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • AndyD2574
    Hey Xgreygoose wonder if you can answer a question as you seem to be a Cannondale expert!

Got my Flash Hi-mod 2 and bloody came off today racing.......................do you have any idea how you can tell if the carbon is damaged on a frame......handlebars came round and the shifter knocked off the top tube.......gutted!!!!!!
    Argon18 E114
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
  • Xgreygoose
    AndyD2574 wrote:
    Hey Xgreygoose wonder if you can answer a question as you seem to be a Cannondale expert!

Got my Flash Hi-mod 2 and bloody came off today racing.......................do you have any idea how you can tell if the carbon is damaged on a frame......handlebars came round and the shifter knocked off the top tube.......gutted!!!!!!

Sorry to hear mate. Are you ok? And more important how's the Flash doing? Man you must well piss off!! :evil:
    How are your shifter? Are they bend or did the lever's snap off? What does the top of the frame look like? I know your Flash Hi-mod 2 has a clear coat on top and you can see UD carbon. Can you see any small lines around the area of the knock? Also any creaking sound around that area? Put the lock out on your lefty and hold both brakes and push up and down, any creaking sound?

I can't really know anything for sure unless you take a photo of it. But I can say this, Cannondale carbon frames are super strong. I think it will take more then a knock from your shifters to do any damage to your frame. I had a similar thing happen to my old Scalpel frame. Basically got throw in off my bike My bike hit a large rock and my bars came around and my brakes lever made a long deep cut into the frame. Man I was pretty upset as it was only a week old. It went pass the paint and I could see the carbon. Took it to my LBS. They looked at it and said it was just cosmetic scar. So I touch it up with some white paint and then used my wife's nail varnish to make it glossy :lol: Looked just fine.
    Now I make sure all my bike levers don't touch the frame when I twist the handlebar.

Here a couple of vid's to show you how strong Cannondale Carbon frames are before it breaks. Crazy Italians. I get quite upset when I see this vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lsDXEEUlRE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDVpRSNtcPQ

Anyway good luck with the Flash. I am pretty sure it will be ok and everything will be fine. Do let me know how it turn's out? And don't forget Cannondale has a Life time warranty on there frames.
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • AndyD2574
    Cheers Xgreygoose.

Been inspecting, looking, checking!!!!!.............looks like its only teh laquer that has been scraped or damaged!

Adjusted all teh brakes and shifters so thery just about miss top tube if it happens again!.........also come up with a magic plan!!.......................bought a lefty rubber gaurd that is the after market stopper and going to put it right where the brake MIGHT hit if I crach so voila.......no damage!!! got some copter tape too so the frame stays in tip top condition.

Cheers for the advice!

:D
    Argon18 E114
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
  • Xgreygoose
    AndyD2574 wrote:
    Cheers Xgreygoose.

Been inspecting, looking, checking!!!!!.............looks like its only teh laquer that has been scraped or damaged!

Adjusted all teh brakes and shifters so thery just about miss top tube if it happens again!.........also come up with a magic plan!!.......................bought a lefty rubber gaurd that is the after market stopper and going to put it right where the brake MIGHT hit if I crach so voila.......no damage!!! got some copter tape too so the frame stays in tip top condition.

Cheers for the advice!

:D

Glad to hear the bike is alright.
    Not a big fan of helicopter tape. Is it that stuff you can normal get from flea bay? because when it comes to removing it sometimes the glue pulls off the protective coating/lacquer off your carbon frame. :x Its too dam sticky
    I use this stuff, much much better http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Sport ... 300003844/ or from CRC http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=27987 This stuff is all over on both my Cannondales

Anyway happy to hear the Flash only has a wee battle scar 8) BTW any pic's yet of your bike?
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • chick0
    chick0 Posts: 338
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:
    This flash just gets better and better! I love the rotors, Edge wheels are great, very strong and have a great feel on the trail..

Hey chick0, How's the Rize doing? You know I was planning to get th1 RZ140 but I've already put in my order fro the new Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1 for those Epic rides you keep telling me to do :lol:

Hey buddy, hows things going in HK?.

The Rize is currently being completely stripped and cleaned, and is waiting for a long list of upgrades and newly PUSH tuned suspension to arrive before being rebuilt ;)

I'm glad you have been listening to my advice ;)
    Do you have a delivery date for your Jekyll yet? I'm really loving the Jekyll's styling and frame design, and look forward to blasting one myself!
    I'm also interested in trying Fox's interpretation of the adjustable pull shock concept, i'm sure they will nail it better then Scott have so far..

This video should wet your appetite some more before she arrives ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCdTpuOH3g0
  • Xgreygoose
    edited October 2010
    Just an update on some new components that I am trying out/using. Having a few races with long steep climbs I went and bought some new barends (Extralite)to help with the climbs. Had to buy a new handlbar (Mcfk) as well as my old ones (Schmolke) are not compatible with barends.Not really a big fan of them but I'm kind of getting use to the barends.
    Also pick up a new set of my favorite brake rotors (R1 floating rotors) in gold 160/160mm.
    Got some custom made Edge decals to match my frame.
    Glad to say that my Flash is still hovering below the 16lbs mark :D

DSC01471.jpg
    DSC01486.jpg
    DSC01472.jpg
    DSC01484.jpg
    DSC01482.jpg

And finally here's a photo of my flash with Continental 1.0 Grand Prix slick tires.
    Had a long,hard 5hour MTB road race. I did manage to beat some guys that were using road bikes too :D I forgot how fast you can go on slick/skinny tires :lol:
    DSC01467.jpg
    DSC01465.jpg
    DSC01468.jpg

DSC01623.jpg
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • jay12
    holy crap thats is awesome. i think i have said it before but this is defenintly a contender for the 2010 forum bike of the year. very very nice 8)
  • njee20
    What happened to the Scrub rotors?
  • jay12 wrote:
    holy crap thats is awesome. i think i have said it before but this is defenintly a contender for the 2010 forum bike of the year. very very nice 8)

Thanks mate!!

njee20 wrote:
    What happened to the Scrub rotors?

I managed to overheat (dish) one of the rotors. Lucky for me I will be getting a free replacement. :D So for now I am using my fav Formula rotors. I still have my workhorse Srcub but they are on my other wheelset (slick tires)
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • njee20
    DT Carbon wheels as the spares, that definitely belongs on Weight Weenies!

Looks good though. How's the Speedneedle?

Edit: actually that doesn't look like a Speedneedle, what saddle is it?
  • njee20 wrote:
    DT Carbon wheels as the spares, that definitely belongs on Weight Weenies!

Looks good though. How's the Speedneedle?

Edit: actually that doesn't look like a Speedneedle, what saddle is it?

Its a Tune Kom-Vor Saddle very similar to the Tune Speedneedle and IMO more comfortable especially around the front area.
    3395_2.jpg
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • njee20
    Ah fair enough, thought the shape looked familiar, just didn't have the leather on the nose. Looks like a better shape, less likely to snag your shorts as you move around.

I'd be tempted had I not seen so many durability problems on anything with a Tune logo on it! Looks good though.
  • Very, very nice.

Have you ordered your 2011 Scalpel yet? Your 2010 bikes are looking a little dated now! :lol:

Aaaah, I'm just jealous...
    Society is like a stew. You have to stir things up now and again otherwise the scum will rise to the top.
  • mattbarnes wrote:
    Very, very nice.

Have you ordered your 2011 Scalpel yet? Your 2010 bikes are looking a little dated now! :lol:

Aaaah, I'm just jealous...

Thanks......no new Scalpel or Lefty this time. Going for bigger travel mtb.
    I've put my order for new Jekyll hi-mod 1 :D Should get around early November. Can't wait..
    jekyll-himod1-2011.jpg
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • jay12
    can i have a bike as well matey?
  • Simonhi
    Hey John how's it going ?

I always look forward to your updates, I'm still waiting on components, the Schmolke stuff has been eight weeks now and the I9 wheels are at nine weeks !!!

Have been promised the wheels this week with the bar and seat post next week although I'm not counting my chickens.

I should have taken your advice on the Edge items, they should be worth a bit when the logo changes to ENVE !!!

Cheers,

Si.