My Cannondale Team Flash Carbon Ultimate *NOV* Page 13

Comments

• I just double check the length of the seat-post and I was wrong. The length is 420mm. :o
    DSC02530.jpg

I guess its custom made for Cannondale
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
    Cannondale Flash Ultimate 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2010
    Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team 2009
  • steadyuk
    steadyuk Posts: 295
    look like a medium it is then. Just go to find me a dealer for the frame only.

cheers
  • steadyuk
    steadyuk Posts: 295
    Typo on last post. Meant to say 'just got to find me a dealer...' not 'just go to find me a dealer...'! :oops:
  • Xgreygoose wrote:
    I just double check the length of the seat-post and I was wrong. The length is 420mm. :o
    DSC02530.jpg

I guess its custom made for Cannondale

Yep, looks like a custom jobbie...... :)
  • Xgreygoose
    Xgreygoose Posts: 371
    edited March 2010
    I have tweaked my Flash to get a new weight (7.66kg or 16.8lbs). Still could shave some more grams but I'm very happy with it for now. :D:D

New seat (FIZIK Antares 00), new bits, new weight and some new pic's :D

DSC00937.jpg
    DSC00936.jpg
    DSC00925.jpg
    DSC00914.jpg
    DSC00923.jpg
    DSC00918.jpg
    DSC00911.jpg
    DSC00945.jpg
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • chick0
    chick0 Posts: 338
    Its looking stunning. I love your style of buying one of the lightest and most expensive hard tails ever, then modifying it :)

How are the trails around HK ? Are they worth making the effort to ride next time im over there?
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Could I want that bike any more? :lol:
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    How could you possibly make that any lighter :shock:

It looks unbelievable. 2 and a bit kg lighter than my Roadie too.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • sob sob sob
    who ever said jealousy couldnt kill you
    :P
    amazing bike
  • Xgreygoose
    chick0 wrote:
    How are the trails around HK ? Are they worth making the effort to ride next time im over there?

Trails are very limited compare to places like the UK/USA. But we still have some cranking trails. Tai Lam Chung/ Tai Mo Shan etc. We tend to mix urban with XC riding. Also we do alot of night rides out here. Country Parks don't allow bikes during the day but they don't check at night plus during the summer its cooler to ride at night.
    Night rides does have its danger especially in country parks not with bad people but with wild life. It can be a problem like large wild boars, monkeys, snakes!! and the odd (Hand size) spiders!!!! no joke!
    Anyway as I said before anyone planning to come out here, drop me an email I will be happy to take you out riding :D. For sure! :)
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • chick0
    edited March 2010
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    chick0 wrote:

Trails are very limited compare to places like the UK/USA. But we still have some cranking trails. Tai Lam Chung/ Tai Mo Shan etc. We tend to mix urban with XC riding. Also we do alot of night rides out here. Country Parks don't allow bikes during the day but they don't check at night plus during the summer its cooler to ride at night.
    Night rides does have its danger especially in country parks not with bad people but with wild life. It can be a problem like large wild boars, monkeys, snakes!! and the odd (Hand size) spiders!!!! no joke!
    Anyway as I said before anyone planning to come out here, drop me an email I will be happy to take you out riding :D. For sure! :)

I guess the monkeys are dangerous due to them trying to steal the shiny "bling" on your bikes :)

Have you done any riding in other parts or south east Asia? There is some terrific riding in the Philippines and Indonesia.
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Xgreygoose wrote:
    and the odd (Hand size) spiders!!!! no joke!

F*** that!! :shock:
  • tri-sexual
    tri-sexual Posts: 672
    its the mosquitos in hong kong that piss me off :(
  • MrTung
    MrTung Posts: 1
    Xgreygoose.
    Read some posts from you at bikeradar and weightweenies and wondered if u could help me out.
    as i can see, ur bike came on 7.73kg right? on wich size?
    Have u made any recent improvements?
    Planning to get one L in a few weeks and already looking for some nice exhanges!
    Take care
  • Xgreygoose
    MrTung wrote:
    Xgreygoose.
    Read some posts from you at bikeradar and weightweenies and wondered if u could help me out.
    as i can see, ur bike came on 7.73kg right? on wich size?
    Have u made any recent improvements?
    Planning to get one L in a few weeks and already looking for some nice exhanges!
    Take care

Hi, my frame is a MED and weight is 7.66kg with pedals (Look at last weight photo). Planning on upgrading the post to maybe a Schmolke post also upgrade/custom my eggbeaters (Ti-spindles,Ti Springs/sleeves) and another wheelset. :D
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • tri-sexual
    the crank brothers egg beaters 4Ti with titanium spindles, springs, sleeves have weight limit of 85kg/ 185lbs - maybe a little delicate for you?

please tell me that crank brothers are custom building you a set which are even lighter and stronger than currently available :D
  • Xgreygoose
    tri-sexual wrote:
    the crank brothers egg beaters 4Ti with titanium spindles, springs, sleeves have weight limit of 85kg/ 185lbs - maybe a little delicate for you?

please tell me that crank brothers are custom building you a set which are even lighter and stronger than currently available :D

Yes, 4Ti eggbeaters do have a weight limit only because of there Titanium spindles. I am using a stronger Ti-6Q2 Ti-spindle from Wade Ind. on my 2Ti.
    As for the springs all eggbeaters are made from steel but I managed to get some custom made titanium one's from Germany and the sleeves are custom made too from aluminum.
    So my 2Ti eggbeaters will be around 150g instead of the 4Ti eggbeaters at 167g with a 235lbs weight limit :D ok for me :D
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • tri-sexual
    wow really cool 8)
    custom pedals
    i think i would be dissappointed if you just bought something off the shelf
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Crikey!!!! lend us a tenner can u?!?!?!
  • Xgreygoose
    Decided to upgrade/change my XX brake set. I found a set of White Formula R1's which I've always wanted. Using the Formula Mix Masters to keep a clean look on my handlebars. Also keeps the weight down with one clamp system :D
    r1whitelever1.jpg
    14438.jpg
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
  • muddylegs
    muddylegs Posts: 485
    White Formula are very nice they are such a good brake and very light.
    Could you explain the mix mastre system please?
  • Xgreygoose
    muddylegs wrote:
    White Formula are very nice they are such a good brake and very light.
    Could you explain the mix mastre system please?

Yes, Formula brakes are great. I have a pair of black one's on my Scalpel, that's why I want to change them over my SRAM XX brakes. Personally I like Formula's over my XX brakes.

The MixMasters are like Matchmakers for SRAM. They are basically handlebar mounts that fits your brakes and gear shifters together so don't need a separate clamp for brakes, gears. Tidy's up your handlebar and save's grams :D
    Vodka anyone? "Honk"

Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
    Cannondale Hooligan 9
  • wilko193
    wilko193 Posts: 89
    Absolutely stunning - you have quite the cannondale fleet, don't you? :D

Never quite felt that I could trust a lefty - how do you get on with it? I'm sure they're fine, and I am aware of Cannondale's proposed advantages over conventional forks.... Just not sure I'd have complete confidencein half a fork :P
    Boardman Road Pro 2010
    Viper Carbon Lite 2008 Custom Build
  • chick0
    wilko193 wrote:

Never quite felt that I could trust a lefty - how do you get on with it? I'm sure they're fine, and I am aware of Cannondale's proposed advantages over conventional forks.... Just not sure I'd have complete confidencein half a fork :P

Maybe this short vid will give you some confidence in the strength of Leftys !!!

From around 1:45.. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfDuAE8HdX4
  • wilko193
    chick0 wrote:
    wilko193 wrote:

Maybe this short vid will give you some confidence in the strength of Leftys !!!

His hat must be filled with helium or something like that :P

I'm sure they're awesome - it's just the psycholigical barrier of only having half of a fork :?

I didn't see and leftys at Fort William :D
    Boardman Road Pro 2010
  • chick0
    wilko193 wrote:
    chick0 wrote:
    wilko193 wrote:

His hat must be filled with helium or something like that :P

I'm sure they're awesome - it's just the psycholigical barrier of only having half of a fork :?

I didn't see and leftys at Fort William :D

HAHAHA, i guess you mean Leftys on the DH course ? :)

But you also don't see 7.75kg carbon hard tail or bikes with fox / RS 32mm trail forks riding that course ;)

If you go to Fort Bill when the XC folks are racing, you will see many many Lefty's.
  • wilko193
    That's true... Maybe i wasn't fair with that last comment :P

Weighing in at like 88kg and doing harder and faster riding - with not exactly faultless technique - means that leftys are not an option for me! :lol:

But they look really cool and i'm just a little bit curious
    Boardman Road Pro 2010
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    never tried one my self but I think the leftys are meant to be just as stiff if not more stiff than normal XC forks. I don't doubt their strength but their value for money.
  • chick0
    wilko193 wrote:
    That's true... Maybe i wasn't fair with that last comment :P

Weighing in at like 88kg and doing harder and faster riding - with not exactly faultless technique - means that leftys are not an option for me! :lol:

But they look really cool and i'm just a little bit curious

Hardcore "trail" riding is no problem for 140mm leftys. They are designed to compete with similar 140mm forks from Fox and RS, and have just as much ability, but at much lower weight, although it has to be said, the lefty cost alot more..
    The top of the range Lefty MAX Carbon PBR 140mm comes in at 1.2kg, but ( cough cough) costs about £1000 in the UK..

I'm 86kg, and tested an RZ-140 equipped with a carbon 140mm for 4 days earlier this year. As a previous sceptic i was shocked at how good it was. I even lapped the Laggen Black route a few times ( probably the most extreme centre route in the UK), and it handled it better then my Fox Floats do.

Would i upgrade to a lefty for my current rig ? nope, the after market price is way too expensive ..
    Would i buy a new bike already equipped with one? Definitely would consider it.. !