BikeRadar Forum Spring Fling Ride

Comments

• pickled
    pickled Posts: 439
    I'll still be there. I'm looking forward to it.
    Will be my first longish ride of the year. Bet it rains...
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    I'd like to confirm I can come, but I'm working nights 10-6/11-7 so i'm going to be sooooo tired! I'll probably be able to make it, as long as the pace doesn't get silly! Work is nearby, and there is a swimming pool available to me, so i'm considering chillin' there before rolling down through Bollington to the meeting point.

Due to my odd working hours, I've done a few rides in this jet-lagged kinda state recently and I always end up getting really grumpy because of it so i'm hoping my power has improved enough since last time to be able to just use this ride as a long cruise with minimal suffering!
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    migh be worth a new thread with full and final detials.
    meeting time, place, etc.... is the car park free etc.....
    postcode for at navs etc - in this thread somewhere

etc

etc
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Still in despite woeful lack of miles so far this yr. +1 with Scrumple for that info, which would be appreciated.
  • benjboy
    benjboy Posts: 258
    I will be there but go to the lake district for a week. so not be back till next Saturday but count me in looking forward to it.
    Keep the chain tight all the way.
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    car park is free but might be busy on sunday morning. if i can get out a couple of times in the week and the weathers ok i should make it .
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    I'm planning to come too
  • Scrumple
    orgy time.

bring lube, and lets burn rubber!
  • I'll be there. As long as ice isn't
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'll be there. As long as ice isn't

He rung me, apparently he's spending time rollin in his five point oh, with his rag top down so his hair can blow, so he won't be able to attend.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,084
    will be there with a mate - any idea on start time?
  • Scrumple
    here's praying it istarts 7th march 2011 so I can be fit.
  • Anonymous
    It's in the first post along with the meeting address and postcode and route...

10 am Sunday 7th March 2010

Macclesfield Leisure Centre

Priory Lane,
    Macclesfield,
    Cheshire,
    SK10 4AF

Route -

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Bikeradar-Spring-Fling

Still don't think I'm able to make it :C
  • bennj
    bennj Posts: 76
    Will give it a go....

look forward to meeting you all!
    STOP!......... Carry on!

Roadie FCN 2
    when commuting FCN 5
    MTB FCN 10
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    NapoleonD wrote:

Priory Lane,
    Macclesfield,
    Cheshire,
    SK10 4AF

Route -

Look - stop saying you won't be there. You're the only one who knows the damn route!!!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,084
    NapoleonD wrote:

Priory Lane,
    Macclesfield,
    Cheshire,
    SK10 4AF

Route -

• Pokerface
    This is a little embarassing, but is anyone who is coming have a Garmin 705 and able to program the route in? I know the area, but don't know the exact route! NapD was kind enough to plot it out, but may not be there to lead the way. I don't want us all to get lost!!!
  • Scrumple
    I have a 205 and can stick it in....

But it is just a beep and an arrow, to turn, not a map.

Nap should stop being a girl's blouse and quit the sqealing and excuses....

(I need him to push me up some of the hills)
  • Scrumple
    ...........if anyone can tell me how to get the .gpx file to one the 205 will recognise (.crs ??)

EDIT: google told me. It is now on my 205 BUT I have never used it to follow a course. It is there so it should work. Will do us if needed!
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    I got one - will do
  • pickled
    I've got one as well.
    The only problem is you'd all have to follow at my pace and you might get bored...
  • Pokerface
    Have to say this again - it will be a SLOW pace on the day. A comfortable, friendly ride. No one left behind. Group will wait at the top of any climb we encounter (and there won't be many).

Nothing to fear and a good chance to meet some 'forum' faces!

Long range forecast is for cool temps but sunny skies. Will be checking daily and hoping for a dry day so that everyone shows up.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Anyone heading across from the Sheffield area want a lift?

Room for one with bike in the car.
    More problems but still living....
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Pokerface wrote:
    Have to say this again - it will be a SLOW pace on the day. A comfortable, friendly ride. No one left behind. Group will wait at the top of any climb we encounter (and there won't be many).

Long range forecast is for cool temps but sunny skies. Will be checking daily and hoping for a dry day so that everyone shows up.

Thanks for the reassurance. I have the route on waterproof (ever the optimist) A4 which uses an OS250k (road atles styleeee) background. I'll bring a few copies along to save others the bother.
  • Pokerface
    RonB wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Thanks for the reassurance. I have the route on waterproof (ever the optimist) A4 which uses an OS250k (road atles styleeee) background. I'll bring a few copies along to save others the bother.

Very kind of you. Like I said - have ridden most of it before - as will some of the other folks - but nice to have it plotted out just in case!
  • Pokerface
    Details of the ride (reposting for anyone new):

Sunday March 7.

Route http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Bi ... ring-Fling - 55 miles with a cafe stop.

Meeting place will be the Macclesfield Leisure Centre.
    Priory Lane,
    Macclesfield,
    Cheshire,
    SK10 4AF

10:00AM
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Hopefully my chain won't snap this time.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Anonymous
    Snot fair :C

I want to play.
  • pickled
    Do we all have to wear forum name badges, or is it guess the member competition? :D
    Obviously reddraggon will be easy to spot with the mankini and bandage around his chain...
  • Anonymous
    I'll be the one you can't see...