BikeRadar Forum Spring Fling Ride

Comments

• Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    does the leisure centre we are parking in have showers?
    Wonder if they will let me in after so I can avoid driving home with a trail of flies after me.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Yes. But they won't let you use them.
  • Scrumple
    Why - most sports centres allow "spectators", or I could pay for a swim (or gym?).
    If it is a council one it should be more responsive to asking, than a private gym.

Worth a go? Worth calling them and asking nicely. I have a long ish drive home...

Guess it will be open when we have made it back?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Scrumple wrote:
    Why - most sports centres allow "spectators", or I could pay for a swim (or gym?).
    If it is a council one it should be more responsive to asking, than a private gym.

Worth a go? Worth calling them and asking nicely. I have a long ish drive home...

Bring a packet of baby wipes and a good air freshner to hang from the rear view mirror on the drive home.

Plus it'll be too cold to sweat. 8)
  • Scrumple
    I could bring the dog.

He would clean me.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Pokerface wrote:
    Scrumple wrote:

Bring a packet of baby wipes and a good air freshner to hang from the rear view mirror on the drive home.

I still sweat when it's cold, I must do cause my clothes end up soaking still.
  • Scrumple
    that's just your drool..........
  • Pokerface
    freehub wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    Scrumple wrote:

How many times have you been told it's OK to stop, get OFF the bike to take a wee during a ride. ;)
  • G.J.L.
    G.J.L. Posts: 6
    Hi
    I am doing the Coast to Coast or better known as the C2C IN April this year 2010. I am using my road bike Dawes 500. Would this bike be suitable to cope with some of the terrain. Any info would be great IE tyres,bike,or wheels.
  • freehub
    Pokerface wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    Scrumple wrote:

How many times have you been told it's OK to stop, get OFF the bike to take a wee during a ride. ;)

Never?
    Scrumple wrote:
    that's just your drool..........

Depends who's arse I'm staring at now don't it? :lol:
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Scrumple wrote:
    does the leisure centre we are parking in have showers?
    Wonder if they will let me in after so I can avoid driving home with a trail of flies after me.

Will goes weeks without washing, one ride won't do you any harm.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • freehub
    Yeah you'll smell be before you see me.
  • Scrumple
    Looks like I may not be coming - 4 free corporate ( £250 each type value) tickets for Everton v The mighty Hull.

1pm - 4 course meal, free bar etc. Main sponsor type...

Wife wants to go with my sister, can't win now. Looks like I am letting you all down. I did mention to Nap it was going to be a busy weekend for me as I may be getting these, BUT I thought it was 3pm Saturday...

... not 4pm Sunday.
  • Pokerface
    Scrumple wrote:
    Looks like I may not be coming - 4 free corporate ( £250 each type value) tickets for Everton v The mighty Hull.

1pm - 4 course meal, free bar etc. Main sponsor type...

Wife wants to go with my sister, can't win now. Looks like I am letting you all down. I did mention to Nap it was going to be a busy weekend for me as I may be getting these, BUT I thought it was 3pm Saturday...

... not 4pm Sunday.

If you have a spare ticket I'll come too. ;)
  • Scrumple
    4 tickets, me and the wife, my sister, and her mate.
    Sorry.

gutted about the ride, but my wife has decided! I have just washed all my kit, too. When she found out they had got us the box ones (£248) over the stand ones (£150) as a treat, it was over as a contest. We have to be there at 1pm for champagne reception!

Did a similar thing at another ground, and you get the works. If it helps, I was about to say no until the Mrs got the phone. I have a Hull season ticket on the front row, so I'm not that star struck anymore.

I'm still bothered, as I had really geared up for this.

Have fun!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,084
    shame, its not like it Liverpool :)
  • Scrumple
    edited March 2010
    Went there for the LFC v Hull game this season. Watched Torres and co stick 6 past us. Liam Cooper had his debut at CB that game... 19yrs old.My brother taught him up until recently!

My wife has just booked a 2 week holiday over the Hull v LFC game (last match of the season).

Goodison is ok, as long as you don't mind looking through stand posts... which obscure half the pitch view.

Dippy.
  • tlw1
    Those games feel a long time ago!
  • Anonymous
    So hang on...

You've whinged at others for not being able to go through things like child care and now you're not coming due to some shite sport?!?
  • Scrumple
    YES

and my god I am ashamed....

Call my wife, she will explain for me!
  • Pokerface
    I'd understand if it was a good team. But Hull? Seriously?

Turn in your Man Card now.
  • tlw1
    Pokerface wrote:
    I'd understand if it was a good team. But Hull? Seriously?

Turn in your Man Card now.

its a bit max mosley to me............. :lol:
  • Anonymous
    This is seriously poor...
  • Scrumple
    edited March 2010
    joking apart, I am really bothered.

I was massively looking forward to this as my first real ride (done 2 over 50, but flat and nothing special).

I'm also having to drive from Nottm to near Coventry for a 3 day course late Sunday night when I finally get home Sunday. I was just negotiating with the wife to come up to Mac with me and occupy herself until we were done, so we could drive straight there for the 4pm k/o - until she looked up from the phone, said "shut up", and then explained it was a 1pm start for us due to the food etc!!!

It all comes at once!

I'm off to hang my head in shame. I wanted to meet you all, and will be at the next one...

I'll shut up now.
  • Pokerface
    Scrumple wrote:

I'm off to hang my head in shame. I wanted to meet you all, and will be at the next one...

After this little episode, what makes you think you're invited to any future events!? :roll:
  • Scrumple
    you'll need someone to shout at when the going gets tough.
  • Anonymous
    Right. Well I'm not going now then, I'd rather spend time with my kids. If we're talking priorities!!
  • redddraggon
    NapoleonD wrote:
    You've whinged at others for not being able to go through things like child care and now you're not coming due to some shite sport?!?

Watching Everton Hammer Hull is not "some shite sport"
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Anonymous
    NapoleonD wrote:

Watching Everton Hammer Hull is not "some shite sport"

Erm....

Well.

Yes. It is.
  • redddraggon
    Scrumple wrote:
    joking apart, I am really bothered.

I was massively looking forward to this as my first real ride (done 2 over 50, but flat and nothing special).

I'm also having to drive from Nottm to near Coventry for a 3 day course late Sunday night when I finally get home Sunday. I was just negotiating with the wife to come up to Mac with me and occupy herself until we were done, so we could drive straight there for the 4pm k/o - until she looked up from the phone, said "shut up", and then explained it was a 1pm start for us due to the food etc!!!

It all comes at once!

I'll shut up now.

I can take those tickets off you
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr