Social ride. 28th Feb. London.

Comments

• Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    LIT - its ages away, would be a good target to set yourself.

IP - I am planning on RP on sunday if you fancy feeling better about yourself!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    I am torn... I'd like to do the 60, but am drastically unfit.

Hmmm. Do the 60 and the 40 intersect?

Come on Liv - I'll keep you company (or get dropped trying). I may venture out to RP on Sunday just to see quite how bad things have got.
    Plenty of time yet. You guys will be fine.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • JonGinge wrote:

Come on Liv - I'll keep you company (or get dropped trying). I may venture out to RP on Sunday just to see quite how bad things have got.
    Plenty of time yet. You guys will be fine.

Fair point!
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Sewinman wrote:

Coolio, I was thinking of heading over in the early afternoon (it's s'posed to rain on Fri night so will wait for things to dry out).
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    gauntlet.jpg
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • il_principe
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    gauntlet.jpg

Why you coming? :D

I need to give the Focus some serious TLC on Saturday.
  • Sewinman
    OK, will be at the cafe at 1.00pm, will hang about for 5 mins, see you if i see you.

DDD - you interested?
  • il_principe
    Sewinman wrote:
    OK, will be at the cafe at 1.00pm, will hang about for 5 mins, see you if i see you.

DDD - you interested?

Alreet. Will aim for 1.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Sewinman wrote:

DDD - you interested?

Alreet. Will aim for 1.

ok I'm in as well
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

DDD - you interested?

Alreet. Will aim for 1.

ok I'm in as well
    I may also be about...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Clever Pun
    Sewinman wrote:
    I am doing the 60 mile route. I have a Garmin, so don't care if i get dropped. Having said that my garmin has yet to work properly for a full ride!

Garmin, smarmin. I'll send you the paper version for you to use when your Garmin gets lost! :wink:

I'd like a paper version please.. also happy to do the route beforehand if you're up for it?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun
    Sewinman wrote:

Coolio, I was thinking of heading over in the early afternoon (it's s'posed to rain on Fri night so will wait for things to dry out).

Sunday.. not saturday... it's supposed to rain all saturday
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Sewinman
    Yes - Sunday, 1pm.

Saturday looks a wash out :(
  • il_principe
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

Yeah yeah EDIT I meant Sat. Ride on Sun.

Sheesh. Keep your beard on. :shock:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

Yeah yeah EDIT I meant Sat. Ride on Sun.

Sheesh. Keep your beard on. :shock:

I was just thinking of you... no one like to see a tubby no mates bike tart in a car park alone... with white shorts on
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    Damn, I can only do Saturday. GF grandads 90th on Sunday.

I'm tempted to do the 60miler now.

I want to prove that I can infact climb.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    I want to prove that I can infact climb.

With the chicken legs you've got... give it a rest mate :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • DonDaddyD
    It looks like everyone is going to do the 60mile route.

Apart from probably Rich and Jon Ginge, who will probably start the ride a couple hours after I've finished the ride and still manage to beat me to the pub.... :shock:
    Food Chain number = 4

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,206
    edited January 2010
    Just saw this and realised the start/finish is only 3 miles or so from my house, so put me down as a provisional for the 40 miler. Having someone riding in trainers and baggy shorts on a hybrid should give a few people the motivation to go a bit faster :wink:

Would be good to put a few faces to names :)

Steve.

Edited to say 40 miles unless I'm the only one!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Apart from probably Rich and Jon Ginge, who will probably start the ride a couple hours after I've finished the ride and still manage to beat me to the pub.... :shock:

I might give the 80 a go. Would be nice to finally get in imperial cent under my belt. I'd guess i can match you for pace on the focus.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Clever Pun
    DonDaddyD wrote:

it'll be easier ride for those looking to beat the 40 mile lot if they're doing the 60 :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    Oddjob62 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I might give the 80 a go. Would be nice to finally get in imperial cent under my belt. I'd guess i can match you for pace on the focus.

Pardon?

I assumed you were always faster.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    edited January 2010
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Oddjob62 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Pardon?

I assumed you were always faster.

Dunno... whenever we've riden in the past you've always been out front so....
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736

Come on Liv - I'll keep you company (or get dropped trying)

+1. You two will be fine, particularly as you'll have spent some time on the road in the meantime. You're probably still in better shape than me (and the only thing that's had me off the bike is the snow and ice- was out Xmas Day and New Year's Day). If I can manage 60, so can you....

Stevo: It's got to be the 60, surely ;)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,206
    StuAff wrote:
    Stevo: It's got to be the 60, surely ;)
    Didn't take long for the arm twisting to start! :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • For the avoidance of doubt, all the rides are identical until Four Elms - the 25 mile mark.
    And all rides are identical after the pub.
    See page 3 of this thread for all the links.

At Four Elms you have the choice of :
    2 miles to the pub if you're on the 45 mile version.
    Or about 15 miles if you're doing the 60.
    or 30 if you're doing the 80

So people can decide at that point if they'd rather bail and have a extra long sit down in the pub.

NB there is a large hill (the clue's in the name of the pub location) you have to go up straight after lunch. Sorry about that.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Oddjob62 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

The more the merrier :lol: In fact the bigger the group the less work we all have to do up front, and we can all benefit from a bit of drafting, but don't tell DDD :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I think I'll decide on the day, probably at about the 25 mile mark...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    NB there is a large hill (the clue's in the name of the pub location) you have to go up straight after lunch. Sorry about that.

It'll be like Wales all over again :-) Mind you it was the climb first thing on the Sunday morning that blew the cobwebs away :lol: Aslo the ML IIRC started heading up a gentle hill after the first stop and just before the weather changed into a mini monsoon!

I'm thinking of the 60 miler, I think the pace might be a tiny bit to high for me to do the 80 atm although it might be a good test of me in a few months :-) Having said that with a pub stop in the middle I might get away with it....guess I'll see how I feel on the day!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • I think i will be up for the 60mile ride, I will be able to tell by the split whether I can do the 60 or just stick with the 40 and get a good meal at the pub :wink:

never done more then 12miles each way to work which was my daily commute on a big heavy full sus TB, now got a fixed/ss so should be able to comfortably do long distances :D
    FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)