Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Clever Pun wrote:
    nice the pub allowed them to wear their jammies :lol:

Looks like those two are providing a specimen :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Chapeau guys and gal.

I got up and watched the steady rain for about 20mins before deciding going back to bed was the best option. Current metcheck forecast for the rest of the week is dry and mild(-ish). Typical.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    Dry would be nice but i'm prepared for a hard week, I might also add that today will be the last day I have any booze until AUGUST! :shock:

I expect I'll be sporting the mother of all hangovers tomorrow :?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    itboffin wrote:
    Dry would be nice but i'm prepared for a hard week, I might also add that today will be the last day I have any booze until AUGUST! :shock:

Dude. That is all.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin wrote:

I expect I'll be sporting the mother of all hangovers tomorrow :?[/quote

Dude. What are you training for? The tour?
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    The idea of ITboffin going on the wagon for that long is like him sayiong he is not going to cycle anywhere until August! :shock:

Mad props to the hardy three!

p.s. is Ben the second generation Terminator!
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Chapeau to LL, BJ & Steve666, the roads were truly awful. I got stuck on a flooded road between Sevenoaks & Penshurst. What looked like a deep puddle quickly got me well out of my depth, and an oncoming 4x4 at god knows what speed completely swamped me, and has now left me facing a repair bill for god knows how much for a wrecked engine :twisted:

3 hours soaking wet waiting for an AA man to tow me home had me wishing I was out on the road bike with you guys
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:

Dude. What are you training for? The tour?

Yes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,206
    edited February 2010
    Great day out despite the utterly sh1te weather. The amount of water coming off the hills had us literally pedalling upstream for fair bit in the first half, it must have looked quite comical. Oddly my legs are OK but my right shoulder is killing me? God knows how that happened.

Big thanks to Livs for sorting out the logistics - I would have taken a few wrong turns without your route knowledge 8) . BJUK, good to meet you, have to say I was a bit envious as you disappeared up those hills like a scalded whippet :) 'Random lass' (Sam) promised she would pop into the forum and say hello, think she was quite glad we turned up as she'd come all the way from E. London and was sitting on her tod in the café when none of the Paragon lot showed - what bunch of wusses :wink:

Will definitely be up for another if I can fit it in...

Cheers,
    Steve.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Chapeau, chaps!

Much drier down in Wales. Saw a good few roadies out (me not being one of them, unfortunately).
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,206
    Rich158 wrote:
    Chapeau to LL, BJ & Steve666, the roads were truly awful. I got stuck on a flooded road between Sevenoaks & Penshurst. What looked like a deep puddle quickly got me well out of my depth, and an oncoming 4x4 at god knows what speed completely swamped me, and has now left me facing a repair bill for god knows how much for a wrecked engine :twisted:

3 hours soaking wet waiting for an AA man to tow me home had me wishing I was out on the road bike with you guys
    Sorry to hear that Rich - but having seen the amount of water of the roads it was no surpise. There were long stretches where the flowing water covered the entire road and at least a couple of occasions where we came to a humungous puddle and were all thinking 'feck, how deep is that?' :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Good ride today, as Liv said the weather wasn't quite the Armageddon that was predicted. Think the heaviest rain was en-route to the start just before 10 :-)

Plenty of flooded sections tho and at some points we where literally cycling up-stream as we had floods of water pouring down the road! Few great moments as we crossed some of the flooded sections, the last one on Layhams Farm Road being rather deep and I managed to pick the deepest section to ride across!
    Overshoes held up fairly well despite getting well and truly soaked, damp socks but I could at least feel my feet and I can see why the Amberley jacket gets such good reviews, worth every penny on day's like this!

Here's the evidence Liv mentioned:

24490_332527090422_608965422_4061881_1573458_n.jpg

We found this on a HILL as we headed up :-)

Also got a shot of my 2 other mad associates:

24490_332527210422_608965422_4061882_7066930_n.jpg

Big thanks to Liv for organising the route and Steve for turning up, real shame the weather turned out to be so cr4p as it would have been great to have had a larger turnout, maybe another weekend once we get into something resembling spring :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    So next one 25th April as suggested earlier? Let's keep the ball rolling
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Sorry I didn't make it guys.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game