Social ride. 28th Feb. London.

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Coriander wrote:
    when did it creep by stealth to 45 miles?

It never crept anywhere :-)

Here's the 3 routes as suggested by LondonLivvy:

45 mile ride
    http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... /255665573

60 mile version
    http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... 4481345359

80 mile version
    http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... 6244316199

Just so any late joiners can have a check over - DDD, could you add these links to 1st post and update attendees list?

Updated.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Coriander wrote:
    when did it creep by stealth to 45 miles?

It never crept anywhere :-)

Here's the 3 routes as suggested by LondonLivvy:

45 mile ride
    http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... /255665573

60 mile version
    http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... 4481345359

80 mile version
    http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... 6244316199

Just so any late joiners can have a check over - DDD, could you add these links to 1st post and update attendees list?

Updated.

could you add yours truly to the possibles.

45 prob, maybe 60, though that would be close on 100 miles for the day. hence 45 more likely.
  • DonDaddyD
    Updated
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • 3 weeks left and this is looking like turning into a right good social ride :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Oooh forgot about this..... perfect way to bump up my SCS miles before the end of the month.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Oh and if anyone wants the route card for the 45 miler so they can practice beforehand, just PM me with your email and I'll send it over.

I'll make the other ones a bit smarter - they have lots of livvy shorthand at mo - but will be ready...
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    3 weeks left and this is looking like turning into a right good social ride :-)

+1. Hopefully a nice relaxing weekend for me. Up to the smoke Friday night, ride down to Brighton overnight, if the weather's right possibly ride back as well, then 60 miles Sunday. Which would be 180-odd miles in under 48 hours..then back to work for a rest (lol).
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Is there a very short "i'm seriously slow" option, Its only been a few days and already I feel like i've lost all my fitness :cry:

On the other hand it's fecking hot! so it would be rude not to drink cold beer :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Put me down for this :)
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I'm going to get there early and ride round in circles for an hour to sneak some extra miles in
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    itboffin wrote:
    Is there a very short "i'm seriously slow" option, Its only been a few days and already I feel like i've lost all my fitness :cry:

On the other hand it's fecking hot! so it would be rude not to drink cold beer :D

Since when are you allowed in this thread, you overseas person you :P
  • stuaff
    itboffin wrote:

'Seriously slow'? Stop sandbagging man!!! ;)
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • DonDaddyD
    Put me down for this :)

Done!
    Food Chain number = 4

• Ah I can't really make this any more, damn it. I've signed up for a birthday party the night before at School Disco, so I can't really see that I'm going to be able to drag myself out of bed and to CP for 10am...

Damn it, self. Plan better. :roll:
  • Clever Pun
    Ah I can't really make this any more, damn it. I've signed up for a birthday party the night before at School Disco, so I can't really see that I'm going to be able to drag myself out of bed and to CP for 10am...

pfft mtfu
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    In my head I'm hoping to do this, but it's a bit of a drive to get there and I'm not entirely convinced I'll do 60 miles. It's the plan right now though.
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    Ah I can't really make this any more, damn it. I've signed up for a birthday party the night before at School Disco, so I can't really see that I'm going to be able to drag myself out of bed and to CP for 10am...

pfft mtfu

:lol:

My current slowness plus an epic hangover? Sounds like a bad idea...
  • Clever Pun wrote:

pfft mtfu

But where's the fun (for us) if you don't come along in that state 8)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • DonDaddyD
    edited February 2010
    LiTs I don't think I've ever seen you ride a bike except for too the Morpeth and from the Morpeth.

Ah well, hope you have fun at School Disco (bit kinky isn't it?).
    Food Chain number = 4

• stuaff
    Clever Pun wrote:

pfft mtfu

Poor excuses, sorry...Drink slightly less perhaps? Get an alarm clock? I'll have a very long Friday night/Saturday morning. Possibly 120 miles, certainly 60. Thanks to 'rail improvements' I'll have another ten miles to ride Sunday morning, on top of 2 hours + on the train. Now that's an excuse. Which I'm not going to use ;)
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    LiTs I don't think I've ever seen you ride a bike except for too the Morpeth and from the Morpeth.

Oh hell, hope you have fun at School Disco (bit kinky isn't it?).

Ah, you're wrong, you've seen me arrive at the morpeth and leave the morpeth. For all you know I could have a driver waiting for me just around the corner...
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Oh hell, hope you have fun at School Disco (bit kinky isn't it?).

Ah, you're wrong, you've seen me arrive at the morpeth and leave the morpeth. For all you know I could have a driver waiting for me just around the corner...

Don't you mean pilot?

"Clear the Embankment, the Graces/'s/s' are landing!"
    Food Chain number = 4

• attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Nice bit of pedant apeasement DDD
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun wrote:

pfft mtfu

you're not that slow, certainly not on the flat... plus you can damn well catch up on your sleep during the bloody week :x

eat a kebab before bed then something in the morning and you'll be raring to go, just think how good that first beer in the pub will taste... if you're not sick
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    Attica wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Nice bit of pedant apeasement DDD

Here's a challenge correct as appropriate.
    Food Chain number = 4

• _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Since people are getting their excuses in, I'm out cos of the league cup final taking precedence.
  • Clever Pun
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Since people are getting their excuses in, I'm out cos of the league cup final taking precedence.

you'll be home before that, unless you're actually going?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    10am start, 60 'slowcial' miles, pub lunch, and having to get back across London?

Doesn't sound likely.
  • Clever Pun
    _Brun_ wrote:
    10am start, 60 'slowcial' miles, pub lunch, and having to get back across London?

Doesn't sound likely.

you have read that there are different groups right? I'm aiming for a pre lunch average of 17mph
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:

Doesn't sound likely.

you have read that there are different groups right? I'm aiming for a pre lunch average of 17mph

What you intending for post lunch? Bearing in mind the ales consumed and we have a hill to climb right out the pub!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5