Riding Mates around Manchester about 16

Comments

• sounds good, been watchin some vids on pinkbike and i just started drooling!!
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Hehe.

Any news on the bike front?

Mines broken atm, though some new bits arrived from CRC today :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • I'll probably join him then in breaking my arm.
  • Whytepeak
    Fair enough :roll:

I'm going out tomorrow to do some pruning in the woods, hopefully i'll have less homework :(
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Maybe we could all go to Rivington Pike one day, thats pretty close, and I kind of know a decent route that I did last week with a few mates, it's about 18 miles and starts out at the car park.

If you all up for it, I'll try and get some information on it, or maybe get in touch with Delcol.

^^
  • Whytepeak
    Yeah, was speaking with decol two weeks ago, he's at whistler atm (lucky, he's really lucky), and he'll get in touch when he gets back.

Certainly a rivi ride is on. Me and compo can ride there, Jamazin too if he's up to it.

But I'd deffo come... :D
  • Sweet, I'll try and find out some more information about it, it was a really good ride, had a lot of climbing, pretty steep in some parts, but then some really fast descents.
  • Whytepeak
    Sounds good, there is certainly a lot of riding on the pike, and winter hill close by. A very good loop could be had around there. i'll se whether I can find some maps too...
  • i used to go rivvy a fair bit lol would like to get back up there asap lol narrowed it down to 3 bikes now, just waitin for credit card to come through
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • StealTheR
    StealTheR Posts: 195
    edited September 2009
    So as soon as you get the card you can get the bike?

That ride I have in mind btw, takes us right under the Winter Hill mast thing after a nasty road climb.
  • Whytepeak
    Cool 8) - :lol:

Heres a nice lookin' route ( a map anyway )

clicky pour la route - PDF
  • Seems pretty good yeah
  • Whytepeak
    We can go where-ever really, make it longer, make it shorter, spend half an hour trying to make a gap over a hedge :lol:

It is fantastic riding, and an mtber has a lot of gravitational potential once up top :lol: (Yes I'm doing physics :roll: )
  • You should be studying History :D

There's quite a nice application on Facebook which finds all mountain biking routes that people have uploaded, unfortunately there is no map with the Rivington Pike one.
  • Whytepeak
    I think we could probably throw together quite a good route if we went withouit a map, but planning a route can be a good idea sometime (delamere went sour :lol: ).

Don't think we'll get lost, as we all seem to know about rivi, and ridden it.

Last time I was there, some DHers were sessioning (intense M6 - drool) :lol:
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    laticsfan wrote:
    i used to go rivvy a fair bit lol would like to get back up there asap lol narrowed it down to 3 bikes now, just waitin for credit card to come through
    how many times do you have to say lol in one sentance :roll:
  • Whytepeak
    jay12 wrote:
    laticsfan wrote:
    i used to go rivvy a fair bit lol would like to get back up there asap lol narrowed it down to 3 bikes now, just waitin for credit card to come through
    how many times do you have to say lol in one sentance :roll:

lol
  • I lolled
  • erm twice LOL
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    Highly lollable :lol:

Anyways, we are going out riding this weekend laticsfan and jay12. After that, once I've fixed my bike (it will inevitably break), then maybe we'll all head down to delamere.

A group ride once and for all...
  • i guarantee the moment i have a bike i will be out lol
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • lol I forgot about this weekend, good job you mentioned it there.
  • Whytepeak
    :lol:

That would have been interesting.

Think it would have gone along the lines of, 'Wheres stealthy?......'
  • Yeah haha.

So we are meeting at the train station this time yeah?
  • Whytepeak
    :roll: been through this, huff :lol:

Yeah, train station 11:00 am

Compo should be there from about 5 to 11.

Then me an' jaz arrive on the train :D
  • Yeah okay, I just seen the message in my inbox :D
  • Whytepeak
    Good good, I'm thinking of stuff we can build all the time, maybe a tabletop? :lol:
  • Lots of mud
  • Whytepeak
    There certainly will be :D
  • Whytepeak
    Everyone still up for tomorrow?

Weather is looing good. :D