Riding Mates around Manchester about 16

jamazin
jamazin Posts: 371
edited February 2010 in MTB rides
Hi. I started biking with a group of mates, most of which have now stopped due to other interests and the dreaded PS3. How boring. Anyway, im looking for a few new riding mates to join me and my remaining couple of riding mates. The loyal ones. I have a norco bigfoot and am willing to ride where suggested. I do fall off quite a bit though. :D
Mabie forest. Maybe one of the greatest places to ride.

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    where abouts in manchester do you ride? Anywhere close and I might bob along.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    same as Whytepeak
    I'm near Bolton and can get anywhere on train - PM me :D
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i'm in northwich. are you able to get to delamere forest??
  • compo
    delamere's a bit of a pig tbh - ages on trains which can be very cramped

i usually go on some 'illegal' trails in the woods near walkden/worsley with Whytepeak
  • jamazin
    ill go pretty much anywhere. Ive been wanting to go to delamere quite some time but ill go to anything.
    Is delamere good what rating out of 10
  • jay12
    jamazin wrote:
    ill go pretty much anywhere. Ive been wanting to go to delamere quite some time but ill go to anything.
    Is delamere good what rating out of 10
    probably 8 or 9. some great places to ride if you know where you'r going (like me) there is a DH/4x place called cycle skills are but that's too advanced for me. it would be great if you could come because i have been riding alone there :cry:
  • Whytepeak
    jamazin

Where do you ride locally?
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • jamazin
    locally i ride at park bridge with a 4x track and small trails. I have been to this little homemade freeride place which was a bit too much needing a full sus and full body armor. Sometimes me and the couple of remaining biking mates i have left ride up to dovestones to take to a few trails and the little jump with big air :D . Also killer views and just a nice place. Shame its a pretty hard ride away. Not worth doing on my own. The views make up for the lack of trails. but there is some hidden away trails.
  • compo
    I'll come to Delamere if anyones going - mind I'm not that good and only have a Carrera Vulcan :oops:
  • StealTheR
    StealTheR Posts: 195
    I'm in Swinton and trying to find someone to ride with, I ride with my cousin atm but im trying to find some more people to get out with

Let me know if you do out.
  • compo
    StealTheR
    PM one of us (mainly Jamazin)
  • Whytepeak
    Hi StealTheR

You got mail....
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    i'm not a milion miles from manchester walkden and bolton just up the road from me.

i usually ride rivington on a sat afternoon and a road trip on sundays did gisburn last week, and lee quarry on the sat.

i could probably hook up with some of you...
  • Whytepeak
    delcol

I'd be happy to meet up at rivi some time. You got mail...
  • jamazin
    everything seems to be piecing together well. We should all go on a ride to delamere when i get back off holiday. Good place to ride.
  • Whytepeak
    Agreed.

in 3 weeks or so, we'll organise a delamere ride. all teens welcome (even delcol :lol: )
  • jay12
    Whytepeak
    you should have known this place before and i should have told you about it earlier :)
  • StealTheR
    Dalby Forest is quite a good day out aswell.
  • compo
    Fair way though isn't it to Dalby Forest?
    How would we get there?

Delemere sounds good as we can easily get there on the train seen as (i'm guessing) noone has a car
  • StealTheR
    Not yet!

Gonna start me lessons soon though :D

So once I get a car we can go anywhere
  • compo
    ah bt we need a big car to fit in people + bikes

If we get more than 3 people in the car we will have to put them on a rack on the back so we can fit bikes inside :P :lol:
  • Whytepeak
    StealTheR wrote:
    Not yet!

Gonna start me lessons soon though :D

So once I get a car we can go anywhere

Slightly dubious of that :lol:

But still, there is so much at delamere (better than worsley woods by several country miles)
  • compo
    not saying worsley woods are bad though aren't you??

You can't beat a tramp's home, a kiddie's playground and a door ;)
  • jay12
    compo wrote:
    not saying worsley woods are bad though aren't you??

You can't beat a tramp's home, a kiddie's playground and a door ;)
    lol :lol:
  • compo
    you haven't seen the jump we've made and the trail whytepak built, literally through a tramps home under a tree :lol:
  • jay12
    compo wrote:
    you haven't seen the jump we've made and the trail whytepak built, literally through a tramps home under a tree :lol:
    hahah :lol::)
  • Whytepeak
    Hey, my trail is a masterpeice :lol:

I took some wood to help build the trail, and the tramp came and took it back, swings and roundabouts :lol:
  • Whytepeak
    Trip to delamere being planned for the week 22nd - 29th of august.

More xc and trail orientated under the instruction of jay12.

and maybe a bit of jumping and 4x too...sur mon instruction :lol:
  • jay12
    Whytepeak wrote:

we shall divded that in half as i want to do some jumps :)
  • Whytepeak
    jay12 wrote:
    Whytepeak wrote:

we shall divded that in half as i want to do some jumps :)

thats a good attitude - we'll do a bit of everything :)

The 4x track there is great for beginners as you can roll the whole thing (except for a couple of lines). Even compo can get through. :lol: