Riding Mates around Manchester about 16

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    It looks very nice, how much?
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • http://ar3.pinkbike.com/m3/3993/spbpic3993757.jpg

http://is.pinkbike.com/photo/3591/pbpic3591806.jpg (this ones in wigan and £350)

and that one from before is about £350
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    All nice (they are bikes) :lol:

I'd look more at 26'' bikes, as these are better for mtb and rough 4x tracks.

A good frame, rigid forks, and gears are what I'd be looking for.

Check evancycles cycles - I remember them aving something....(goes to look)
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Whytepeak
  • a couple of must's for me

24"
    80mm travel
    light as poss
    no dents or cracks in frame and prefarably a charger lol
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    Fair enough, keep looking, i'm sure you'll find a perfect match :lol:
  • I love the bash guard on your bike Whytepeak :D

There's my ride <3

1000456x.th.jpg
  • Whytepeak
    StealTheR wrote:
    I love the bash guard on your bike Whytepeak :D

There's my ride <3

1000456x.th.jpg

Cheers Stealthy, your bike is alright I suppose :lol:

Posting in school is the BEST - roll on Class Civ :lol:
  • very nice, aint seen to many of them before either lol
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    You should see that lapierre in the flesh :lol:

Tough too, survives many - a - crash :lol:sorry stealthy
  • The first crash was pretty unexpected, when I slipped on the path.

And the 2nd did have some sort of death factor with as I discovered.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    this is mine.

now with a conti explorer rear tyre, WTB weirwolf grips and a black suntour chainset(and yes i know it's piece of shite :lol: ) i really want a new bike and i'll get one in july/august next year or earlier depending on how much my dad will give me3599789691_645bc25a85.jpg
  • Whytepeak
    Tbh riding your bike was a bit draggy Jay12 :lol: - you had to be there.
  • jay12
    lol :lol: . that was kinda funny.

anyway if anyone wants to come with me to delamere on the 26th(saturday) drop me a pm.
  • Whytepeak
    I'll come if anyone else from manchester is going.

Not sure whether or not I'm already doing something that weekend though :roll:
  • Yeah I'll go if someone from Manchester is going aswell. I'm free on the 26th.

I'm away next month though on the 24th and 25th so I won't be available on and around them dates. Going to Lllandegla for the weekend but I'll be available any other dates.

:)
  • slipped on a path lol i shouldnt laugh but i cant help it sorry lol
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    Right, I'll come then :D
  • jay12
    i should be coming it's just this saturday that i can't
  • Whytepeak
    laticsfan wrote:
    slipped on a path lol i shouldnt laugh but i cant help it sorry lol

His front wheel washed out - in my words 'nasty'

In compo's words - 'ahaha' - moron :lol:
  • That path actually hurt more than the other major crash.

But thats probably because of the unconscious-ness before the pain.
  • Whytepeak
    Know what you mean.

Came off the road bike a couple of weeks ago, and that hurt like a bugger.

I wasn't knocked unconcious though :shock:

What tyres are you running Stealthy - I forgot :roll:
  • Whytepeak
    laticsfan

You able to get to manchester on the train with ease? As we travel by train to delamere.

However I reckon 3 bikes is about the linit for trains, or they could quote their two bike max. rule, and tell us to shove off...

Can you drive, and would you drive to delamere?
  • not got a car sorry lads, only get to delamere on the train at moment, all people would need to do is go 2/3 at a time on the trains lol there every hour arnt they?
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    Thats right, we could travel in two groups.

Theres -

Jaz
    Jay
    Stealthy
    Compo
    Laticsfan
    Whytepeak

thats 3 per group.

This will have to happen in the next couple of months.

How long is it since you were riding at delamere?
  • about four years ish
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    Ok dokey.

You'll have t tell us how it's changed when we go.

Delamere has it's own section in earthed3 , but it is barely recognisable now :shock:
  • I'm running continental mountain king 2.4

They're pretty decent tyres, but in wet conditions they aren't as good.
  • haha obviously not as good in wet conditions

delamere will probably look like a completely different place to when i was there
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    laticsfan wrote:
    haha obviously not as good in wet conditions

delamere will probably look like a completely different place to when i was there

Agreed and agreed :lol:

A guy broke his arm there a year ago when a jump he was riding collapsed (rotting wood). Thats what happens when you just turn up and ride, without looking at the line or speaking to the locals. (The 4x track is near to a 'familly route', so people ride onto it and end up crashing on the triple :roll: )

The guy sued the Forestry Comission (it is their land), and it was the FC who then came and nocked down all jumps that had wood in them. As a result some trails have been abandonned (or just not rebuilt?) and most are pretty rough, although some of the mini DH trails are great because of that.

The 4x track has been rebuilt, and is quite narrow, offering only one or 2 lines in some places, making racing 4 a dangerous proposition.

Me and Jaz had a good race there last time though :D

There is one good steep set of jumps - haven't seen anyone ride them, me an' Jaz certainly haven't.

Laticsfan - I don't know how good you were / how much skill will have survived your break from mtb'ing, but there is certainly a lot of jumps to go at, aswell as a road gap.

Delamere is still a good venue, nice xc trails (you have to search for them though), little DH things, jumps and the 4x track easily entertain for a day.