Riding Mates around Manchester about 16

Comments

• probably a complete bike as i have my own gaff with the missis and dont think she wants to have half a bike scattered everywhere, will be a lot of upgrading goin on in the first year of havin one though, looking at a dmr drone on chain reaction. got msn??
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    I'd think about buying a bike with the spec that you want, rather than buying on with the intention of upgrading it straight away.

The drone is a very nice, good value bike. But it wouldn't be good value if you spent £150 upgrading it as soon as it was out of the box...Manufacturers can assemble a bike at a much lower cost than the customer.

Having said that, I've 'upgraded' a lot on my bike, but that was due to the olds parts wearing out, and upgrading is good fun :D :roll:

EDIT - sorry, I don't have msn, or any other messaging system :roll: Got email though.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • You should check with Evans mate. My Spicy should have been £2,100 but I managed to get them down to £1,800, they are good at stuff like that, but the after sales service is shocking.

Edit- my msn is seanbeech@hotmail.co.uk if you want it mate
  • wont be upgradin straight away but ill keep it in mind, really just need a basic set up on a good solid frame and i trust dmr as my old frame took an absolute batterin!!!
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    Know what you mean :lol: Thats why I bought a blender frame, strong as...

The drone is a good value bike, and CRC have got a great deal on it, and the Reptoid.

Me and StealTheR both live nearby, so I'd be happy to show you around local riding spots once you're up and running.

Jamazin is probably the best at jumping, but we'll all give it a go, - won't we stealthy? :lol: .

Been building some short singletrack trails in local woodland, so if you are into to that aswell as jumping, then I'll show you around there too.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • I hate jumps now, think I'm gonna go all out XC, that seems to be what I'm best at.

I'll do all the 4x stuff though with you all at Delamere, just gonna avoid jumps for the time being. We don't get on.
  • Whytepeak
    :lol: Start small and work up. Getting into the air is one of the best feelings there is...

We may be building a couple of little jumps on saturday come to think of it... :D
  • Getting to the top of a hill is the best feeling for me. :P

But I think I did just dive in with that bigger jump.
  • Whytepeak
    StealTheR wrote:
    Getting to the top of a hill is the best feeling for me. :P

But I think I did just dive in with that bigger jump.

I don't understand :lol:

That jump is pretty synonymous for crashes - even yours trully has taken a couple of spills :lol:

You should enjoy Sat. The trails are gret fun, there are even some climbs - so I've been told :lol:
  • Whytepeak wrote:
    :lol: Start small and work up.Getting into the air is one of the best feelings there is...

We may be building a couple of little jumps on saturday come to think of it... :D

That's what I meant :D

But yeah Saturday should be good.
  • Whytepeak
    We'll dig, lunch and ride :lol:

The trails are similar to the little on that I showed you and compo last time you came roun'.

But a few bits like that, plus a lot of forest trails/tracks, I'm already looking forward to it :D
  • Aye sounds good :)

I had a killer of a ride today near Hollingworth Lake. Climbing for ages, then a nice run of downhill. Some decent places really, it's just getting there.
  • Whytepeak
    Too true.

Was a nice day today. Evanscycles organise a ride in the peaks every year. That would would be a good ride for us all to meet up for :idea: Thats a long way off though.

Hopefully laticsfan will come next time we organise something.
  • if i have a working bike (and i mean just working) then ill come along lol

and where abouts is near by??
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    Woods near Walkden. I'll pm you the exact details, as I don't want people rocking up on mini moto bike and tearing them up - it happened to me other trails i built.

There is no need to rush to come along this weekend, we'll be organising plenty of meet ups...
  • ok, have put an application in for me a credit card so hopefully it wont be that long, also sellin my 360 and wigan athletic signed ball lol i must be mad
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    laticsfan wrote:
    ok, have put an application in for me a credit card so hopefully it wont be that long, also sellin my 360 and wigan athletic signed ball lol i must be mad

Others may view that as a return to sanity :lol:
  • not me lol
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    Hehe

Looks like you are prety serious about getting riding again :shock:

Are you a student, or woring 9-5, or lazing around? As we can only ride (for a good length of time), at the weekend.
  • haha unemployed(but do cash in hand) ssshhhh lol but technically im not even claimin benefits so fuck em
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    :lol:

Thats the way to do it!
  • got any pics of ur steed??
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
  • nice, really like the frame though lol how much do u reckon i could get me hands on one second hand??
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    Hhmm

Well there are 2 models the 'Mid' that sells new at £600, and the Hi, at £1000 :shock:

The other option is buying a frame for £200 and building it up - as I did.

There must be some £400 second hand 'Mids' knocking about.
  • been looking on pinkbike and ebay but nothini much catches my eye, have seen a near identical rhythm to the one i used to love but its 1.5k so no chance of that!!
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    :shock:

How much have you got to spend, and will you just be just using it for jumping, or that plus some trail work?

-sorry to sound all... you know :lol:
  • both lol
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!
  • Whytepeak
    Hhmm, an all round jump - orientated bike for £400 :?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Cate ... =PRICE_ASC

Looks like the DMR is a good option, theres also that Rocky mountain flow thing. looks good value.

The drone is singlespeed and has a very small frame, so it would be hard work for anything uphill.
  • i may well go second hand, couple ive seen so far, how do you like this?

http://ar1.pinkbike.com/m3/3935/spbpic3935579.jpg
    BIKE NEEDED!!!!