Riding Mates around Manchester about 16

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    StealTheR wrote:
    I bet it will be proper icy.

lol.

Oh no! Hehe

It looks like the whole course is on rocky paths - well, 98% of it anyways...

Wet (or icy :roll: ) rock = puncture - Better get practicing with the old tube change :lol:

It'll be really good fun for sure.

Aslong as it don't rain, and it isn't cold :roll:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Whytepeak
    jay12 wrote:
    Whytepeak wrote:
    Copyright signed to Moi then... :roll:

Hope its dry, otherwise I get punctures... :x

wow i said yeah whatever.(meaning yes) tbh i don't really care anyway

I thought you meant

'Yeah whatever' - you can stop being childish

not

'Yeah whatever' - yes, do that then

:roll:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • I just hope I don't fall off.
  • Whytepeak
    StealTheR

Ditto, it'll be pretty slippy on the rock I imagine, or maybe not, who knows :lol:

There are some pretty big drops (if you get it wrong)

jay12

Jeeeeez
  • Whytepeak
    :lol:

Thanks for the name jay12, as founder of the RockFace Riders team, you can get a copy of any photos of me and stealthy falling off :D
  • I'll be bringing my digi cam.
  • Whytepeak
    Aye, me too. :D

Many a godd shap will be taken.

There are also photo points on the course.

So there may even be some action shots :shock: :lol:
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    cool, i'd love to see that :lol:
  • Whytpeak, fancy a road ride?

Tonight/Tommorow?
  • Whytepeak
    Think it is a bit late to go out for a road ride today stealthy :wink:

I'm off to the theatre tomorrow :roll: So I will already be behind with training.

Where abouts do you ride 'a la rue'? - as most of the roads around here are so badly surfaced :x

I sometimes ride up to rivi - next time i do it, i'll time myself :wink:
  • Whytepeak
    Well what a good play, Moliere - you've done it again :lol:

Met Mercer there, and had a bit if a chin-wag with him in the interval, ahhh, good times. :)

Anyways, back to the riding front - and i'm just dusting off the road bike.
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Whytepeak wrote:

Met Mercer there, and had a bit if a chin-wag with him in the interval, ahhh, good times. :)

Who?
    Do we know him?

No entry to the race for me - far too much like hard work + don't have road bike to train on and al roads round me are dodgy :(
  • Whytepeak
    So to sum up compo - you can't be bothered. :wink:

Get out there anyway - practice makes perfect
  • jay12
    today was good. i think i'm better at jumps now. tried some DH stuff but i feel uncomfotable on my crap bike. saw some chav kid stnding around on his BMX, started messing with it, pressed the front brake (while standing still) tipped the bike up and fell over his handlebars. i tried not to laugh :lol:
    anyway the wether was very good, no rain at all and saw some very nice bikes i.e 2009 iron horse sunday team and orange patriot :D
  • Whytepeak
    Glad you had a good time :D

Know you'll find this annoying - but it's not the bike, it's the rider :wink:
  • jay12
    oh nearly forgot. i felt that i didn't have much control on the DH stuff and landing from jumps it's probably because of the bike or not enough muscle :( so i'm gonna start build up some core muscles by doing the plank and might get some dumbells :)
  • jay12
    Whytepeak wrote:
    Glad you had a good time :D

Know you'll find this annoying - but it's not the bike, it's the rider :wink:
    feck off :P
  • Whytepeak
    :shock: I see no need for such obscurities.

Being stronger does help with controlling a bike in the air, and over rough terrain. Weight helps too :lol:
  • jay12
    Whytepeak wrote:
    :shock: I see no need for such obscurities.

Being stronger does help with controlling a bike in the air, and over rough terrain. Weight helps too :lol:
    i just want a new bike right now :!: :lol:
  • Whytepeak
    :lol:

You getting a P7 then? (in green :roll: )
  • jay12
    Crush. yes it's green. my favourite color :D . I even have a background of it on my laptop :roll:
  • jay12
    some pics from yesterday. i only took some from old pale because my battries ran out :?
    3958118711_81b638df43.jpg
    3958117691_cedbd8c336.jpg
    3958116651_2301ebd977_b.jpg
    3958115315_02ec04ffe1.jpg
    3958114385_23f6c1805a.jpg
    3958888364_aa914efd1f_b.jpg
    3958887272_9ed905d841.jpg
  • Whytepeak
    Nice :)

Good views from the top.
  • jay12
    i'll put the 4X track pics from the time you came in a minute
  • Whytepeak
    Nice pics.

Next time we'll have to get a few pics of us riding. :D
  • Posted the form for the race.
  • Whytepeak
    Just been out on a road ride (for the race)

Think I'll go and lie down :lol: