Riding Mates around Manchester about 16

Comments

• 11, train sation, i'll cya then
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Yep, see you there Stealthy :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • http://www.brownbacksracing.co.uk/race_ ... index.html

That's what I was on about today, if you fancy it.
  • Whytepeak
    Yeah, I'd really think of doing that...

It'd be good to get racing again too. :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Yeah definitely.
  • The next one is on the 27th of this month, but I think it's a bit to short notice.

Next month however, is on the 18th October.

If we did enter it we would have to meet up there, as I don't think any trains get close to Bacup.
  • Whytepeak
    Looks like a good course.

http://www.brownbacksracing.co.uk/race_ ... ourse.html

Which category would you enter stealthy?
  • Probably the Weekend Warrior, I heard that the Have-a-go-hero category misses out a lot of the good stuff.
  • Whytepeak
    Yeah - good idea.

Looks like I'm confined to the 'lads' age category :roll:

Will think about giving that a go or sure though.
  • Well do you wanna go for it then?

The next month one?
  • Whytepeak
    If its simply a case of racing one race, then I'm up for it - I'm not sure if I'm doing anything that weekend yet - I'll get back with info by tonight.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    next saturdays weather should be good as all days this week are fine. i 'll check for saturday toomorow.
    so whytepeak and steaalther are defenintly going?
  • What's this for?
  • jay12
    delamere on the 26th(this saturday) :roll:
  • Whytepeak
    Oh that :roll: :lol:

I'll come if more are, but if no -one else is going from manchester, I'll give it a miss as i've a load of work to do.

Compo?
    Jam?
    Stealthy?
    Laticsfan?

Anyone? :lol:
  • jay12
    stealthy said he was going but he seems forgetful :roll:
  • Whytepeak
    :lol:

The weather looks cracking. :D

If I do come, slick tyres will be the rule of the day :)
  • Whytepeak
    Back on the hope xc series thingy - heres what has been said of it so far -

Continuing their drive to get the North West XC Race scene back on it's feet the Brownbacks team are back again with another race series.

The rather irrational feeling of "we can do more" had taken them over with three dates sponsored again by Hope launched into the calendar mid July. So what happened...

Having taken the "barbeque summer" TM off the first race in series 2 was on a mild and dry weekend with little in the way weather to worry about. The racing now open to riders from the age of 15 was as fast and furious as ever. With a record number of riders entering, the course had the usual surprises for all with the recycling of a section of "lost" and a tricky little descent testing the ability of riders on the main course.

The Minx-Girl sponsored women's categories saw a record entry and some class technical riding from Lizzie Bowler and Kate Johnson (Red Necks) amongst others. Verity Appleyard (Race Co Cycles) dominated the ladies field with Molly Whittall (White Nancy Boys) back from injury winning the Mountain Diva Category and Gill Crane (Clifton CC) taking the honours in the Have-a-go Heroines.

Tom Bell (LUCC/Torq/Stif) dominated the Leisure Lakes sponsored men’s racer field taking the first lap prime and never looking in danger of being caught despite the efforts of Michael Coward (Velo29 Cycling team) who was still asking for the gap up to the final lap and Dave Powell (Ragley) withdrew early on. A new sponsor Blazing Saddles from Hebden Bridge saw a new winner in the Weekend Warriors with Tom Albutt taking the honours. Craig Holden the winner in the previous series clearly suffered with a loss of form and struggled on the new technical sections. Mark Horsely-Frost (White Nancy Boys) was going well until a fall on lap 4 which then slowed him down.

The Have-a-go Heroes winner Adam Newall (Sad Cycling) in his first ever race was clearly stoked to get the trophy after being pushed hard by Mark Ellis and Matt Hartley. The new "Lads" and "Lasses" category for younger riders ran with mixed success with a small but quality field for the Lads, Benjamin Mossman taking the honours. Unfortunately there were no Lasses to race for the trophies and prizes, so plenty of opportunity to win prizes in race 2.

Yet again the feedback from all was of a great morning's grassroots racing. The all volunteer team delivering a simple format with plenty of prizes and the emphasis on fun and racing for all levels. Thanks especially go to the marshals and the sign-on/ timing team who gave up their morning lie-in to let others race.

Race 2 is on the 27th September and pre-entry is still open. A radical new course should change the balance of the racing and there is the added attraction of trade stands from Leisure Lakes and Blazing Saddles and the enhanced catering with plenty of car-parking for riders and spectators.

It sounds very good, and I'm up for it, though I think a bit of road training is on the cards. :)
  • Yeah I'm gonna try and get out with my mate on a road bike.

But I really do fancy entering it.
  • Whytepeak
    Thumbs up from the rents :lol:

15 miles after school is a reasonable training plan me thinks :D
  • Sweet, sweet.

Well, are you gonna pay in advance or on the day?

I'm stuck between the have a go hero now and weekend warrior.

I think the weekend warrior might be a bit to hard.

Edit- We can think of a team name :D:D Shall we make one?
  • Whytepeak
    I'll probably pay before the day.

I'm stuck in the 'wee ones' class anyway - just means more chance of winning :)

We could think up a team name - though I don't see us operating as one - we'll be in two different classes :lol:
  • StealTheR
    StealTheR Posts: 195
    edited September 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPkeX0uML1c

Spoke to some people I know who have ridden Lee Quarry before they said it's pretty technical and that the have a go hero would be a good category to enter first. So that's what I'm gonna do.
  • Whytepeak
    :evil: Can't get on youtube at school
  • jay12
    Whytepeak wrote:
    so annoying. bacsically all the good websites are banned :evil:
  • Whytepeak
    jay12 wrote:
    Whytepeak wrote:
    so annoying. bacsically all the good websites are banned :evil:

Yep. Apart from this one of course :lol:
  • jay12
    i haven't tried that actually
  • Whytepeak
    Ride on Saturday 26th of September called off (atleast to my knowledge), sorry guys :roll:

However we'll be arranging some (more reliable) rides in october some time... :)
  • Filled in the form for that race today, gonna start going to some spin sessions next week.
  • Whytepeak
    Right stealthy, I'll get that done then :D