Riding Mates around Manchester about 16

1192021222325»

Comments

• Anyone have anything planned for half term?
    GT Aggressor XC 3 <-- Nicked : (
    Carrera Kraken
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    JaySmitt welcome

We sure have, delamere, rivington, healey nab you name it we've planned it!

More details to come soon :)

What sort of riding are you into JaySmitt?

We tend to do a bit of everything, but it's useful to know what people are into...
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • I'm a newbie but I'm up for anything. I'll keep an eye on this thread then, I wouldn't mind going delamere looks awesome.
    Carrera Kraken
  • Whytepeak
    Delamere is good, and the DRC are building new stuff all the time, however the riding there is more 'freeride' - jumps, the DH track and the 4x track (which may be morphing into a dual track as we speak lol).

Rivington and healey nab are a better venue for mountain biking in its xc guise, as the trails at healey nab are brilliant, and rivington offers great xc.

Where abouts are you based JaySmitt?, I'm in the North West Manchester area...
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • I live in Dukinfield 2 miles away from Ashton-Under-Lyne, if you know where that is, east Manchester.
    Carrera Kraken
  • Whytepeak
    Yep, I know of it :) , well there will be rides organised soon I'm sure. I'll put you on the mailing list :lol: .

Hope to have a few rides done this half term.
  • Ok thanks, hope to hear from you soon.
    Carrera Kraken
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Unfortunately I can't make it this half term :( but I am in Berlin so all's not lost :)
  • anyone into dirt jumping from manchester area? im from swinton and just bought a new bike after selling up 2 year ago. would be up for a bit of xc downhill aswell 8)
  • I'd be up for it but I don't know anywhere good for dirt jumping. Do you know any places around manchester for dirt jumping? Isn't swinton quite a distance away?
    Carrera Kraken
  • I might try dirt jumping, in the future, still recovering from the incident :( lol

Where abouts in Swinton are you btw mate?
  • grubz172
    grubz172 Posts: 7
    edited February 2010
    StealTheR wrote:
    I might try dirt jumping, in the future, still recovering from the incident :( lol

Where abouts in Swinton are you btw mate?

just off pendlebury road mate
  • JaySmitt wrote:
    I'd be up for it but I don't know anywhere good for dirt jumping. Do you know any places around manchester for dirt jumping? Isn't swinton quite a distance away?

swinton isnt far from manchester no, and i no a few places up oldham way where i used to live like brickies quarry, parkbridge, ladcastle and buckstones which are all good but none where i live now
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i should be going to delamere about thursday/friday. i know the place well and i have my own xc route which includes some all mountain bits too
  • if you lot all go delemere where bout you all from?

will be honest i don't really go delemere, an not into the dirt jumping :? i tend to ride at llandegela, but there are only a few lads from my work who are into mtb riding so would be kool to meet up with some others.

for the record im from the chetser area an ride a cboardman mtb comp 2009 and also have a cboardman hybrid comp 2008.
  • jay12
    if you lot all go delemere where bout you all from?

will be honest i don't really go delemere, an not into the dirt jumping :? i tend to ride at llandegela, but there are only a few lads from my work who are into mtb riding so would be kool to meet up with some others.

for the record im from the chetser area an ride a cboardman mtb comp 2009 and also have a cboardman hybrid comp 2008.

i live in northwich(hartford to be more precise) and i live 9mins by train from delamere. others on here are from the manchester area. and we hope to meet and help out DRC in some trail building. i will say on here when they have dig days and they are from all over cheshire,merseyside and lancashire

well you don't have to do dirt jumping. you can either go to the skills area and watch or go to the car park and home as it's only about 10mins from the skills area. also we do an xc route first and the skills centre has 4X,DJ and DH/FR.
    so there is something for everyone.

hope to see you there soon
  • i would be up for delemere but would have to be in 2 week as needing new rear wheel and brake....... , Anybody been to farmer johns stockport way?, how do i go about riding there. heard you have to pay but cant find contact details or anything.
  • grubz172 wrote:
    i would be up for delemere but would have to be in 2 week as needing new rear wheel and brake....... , Anybody been to farmer johns stockport way?, how do i go about riding there. heard you have to pay but cant find contact details or anything.

I think JAMAZIN knows where farmer Johns is? I think it's in Marple not fully sure though.
    Carrera Kraken
  • JaySmitt wrote:
    grubz172 wrote:
    i would be up for delemere but would have to be in 2 week as needing new rear wheel and brake....... , Anybody been to farmer johns stockport way?, how do i go about riding there. heard you have to pay but cant find contact details or anything.

I think JAMAZIN knows where farmer Johns is? I think it's in Marple not fully sure though.

cheers mate, thing is i know where it is but heard you have to be a member to ride there and have to book in advance? dont no if any of its true thats why im after contact details or anyone who has been before, i will pm jamazin and ask tho :wink:
  • Whytepeak
    I may be at delamere tomorrow, or I might not :roll:

I have a mind to go though, I'll let you all know if I do... sorry for the indecisive post at short notice...
  • jay12
    my bike is finished so anyone up or friday to delamere?
  • jay12
    i'm defenintly going on friday
  • dirtjump
    dirtjump Posts: 1,289
    grubz172 wrote:
    JaySmitt wrote:
    grubz172 wrote:

cheers mate, thing is i know where it is but heard you have to be a member to ride there and have to book in advance? dont no if any of its true thats why im after contact details or anyone who has been before, i will pm jamazin and ask tho :wink:

Farmer Johns is a private track and currently not taking any new members due to issues with the local authority. As a result the numbers of people allowed to ride there are likely to be limited. Its a bit shit but please don't go sharing the location around at this time
    <center>U to the SMBC</center>
    <center>Trendy pictures</center>
    <center>Meet the family

Everything I have ever said on here gets ignored
    </center>