Riding Mates around Manchester about 16

Comments

• compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    the nettles were a bit bad aswell - got stung in the face

lmao about the pedal - tying your foot to the remaning one Whytpeak was pure genius! :lol:
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Hehe - was much quicker to run uphill.

Anyway, we shall have to go back soon :)

I'm planning bits of trail atm, and will soon start digging - yes I have permission :D

Anyone who wants to act as test dummy for the new bits is welcome nearer the time of completion. :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • compo
    I'll come and help if there is a dig day - would be nice to have a decent trail not far away :) - PM me
  • Whytepeak
    Good idea compo :wink:

Dig, ride, lunch, ride again.

I'm just clearing off the topsoil atm, but it will soon resemble a mighty (if not tricky) trail :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Wheres this at?
  • Wheres this at?
  • Whytepeak
    This is near walkden (the trails aren't frequented by loads of MX'ers and I'd like to keep it that way :wink: )

The trails themselves aren't that long - less than a minute, but are great for a session out on the bike.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    good luck Whytepeak. i hope the council don't ruin your newly built trail :lol:
  • compo
    Whytepeak - with regards to council and MX don't tell us where it is on the forum - PM us location instaed to keep it secret
  • Whytepeak
    jay12 wrote:
    good luck Whytepeak. i hope the council don't ruin your newly built trail :lol:

SSHHHHH :lol:

I'l make it 'au naturalle' :lol:
  • The Communist Council of Walkden Borough will be watching this.

We should do an XC ride, so I'm in my element lol.

I'm obviously not very good at these jumps and berms.
  • Whytepeak
    :lol:

Practice makes perfect :D
  • Whytepeak
    StealTheR wrote:
    The Communist Council of Walkden Borough will be watching this.

We should do an XC ride, so I'm in my element lol.

I'm obviously not very good at these jumps and berms.

That is why delamere is so good.

There is plenty of xc trails and fireroad stuff, if you know where to find it (thanks Jay12 :D ), aswell as the 4x track and short downhills.

It's also dry there, as the trails aren't mashed up by walkers or horses, or indeed loads of bikes...

Also, good news :D Jaz is back from the US, so another trip to delamere is on the cards, although I'll leave the planning to him :lol:
  • Whytepeak
    Alright I'll do a bit of planning.

I propose that 2 of us travel from manchester an hour early, and meet jay on the train.

Then two others travel an hour later, and we'll wait to meet you at delamere station.

The same on the way back.

This is so we can all get on the train, and jay12 is refused entry onto the train, as a maximun of 2 bikes may be pushed a bit be 5.
  • compo
    hmm.
    what about all meet in manc then get on delamere train at picadilly before guard arrives at the train, like last time.
    Once all 4 bikes are lockied on the train, obviously not causing any disruption, he might not mind?
  • Whytepeak
    compo wrote:
    hmm.
    what about all meet in manc then get on delamere train at picadilly before guard arrives at the train, like last time.
    Once all 4 bikes are lockied on the train, obviously not causing any disruption, he might not mind?

And then Jay12 isn't allowed on the train :wink:
  • compo
    oh - its only 2 stops tho
  • Whytepeak
    compo wrote:

No dice. You know what happened on the way back from delamere last time...
  • jay12
    Whytepeak wrote:
    compo wrote:

No dice. You know what happened on the way back from delamere last time...
    i don't think those guys where very happy. if they got a chance we would be in hospital right now :lol:
  • Whytepeak
    About 7 bikers wanted to get on at Plumley :roll:
  • compo
    fancy not having the back train open tho :roll:

they diod let one guy on at knutsford at the other end of the train cos he was on his own - they may do that with jay
  • Whytepeak
    compo wrote:
    fancy not having the back train open tho :roll:

they diod let one guy on at knutsford at the other end of the train cos he was on his own - they may do that with jay

Indeed, me an' Jaz have seen 9 bikes on that train. But it's a chance I'd rather not take.

We will have to travel in 2 groups. End off...

I think we could travel together on the way there (or just Jay could go 1 hr early), but its deffo 2 groups on the way back.

I'll want to leave delamere late anyway.
  • jay12
    i can go 1hr early. unless someone else can or wants to with me . but on the way back it has to be two groups
  • Whytepeak
    jay12 wrote:
    i can go 1hr early. unless someone else can or wants to with me . but on the way back it has to be two groups

^^^^^ Correct.

I can get into manchester easily, so I can travel early with you jay, if anyone wants to come early too, you can.

That way we get 1/2 on the way there in one group and 2/3 in the other, so no-one travels alone.

I've no need to get back early, so can leave delamere at any time.
  • compo
    well try for 1 group, if not then 2
    how about that for a compromise :D
  • compo
    Whytepeak wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

I've no need to get back early, so can leave delamere at any time.

same
    I'll come/go with you Whytepeak, seen as we are on the same line home from Manchester
  • Whytepeak
    This is such a mess!. We'll have to wait for StealTheR to come on, - doubt he'll want to travel alone into manchester - and then find the station an' all that.

One of us will have to go with him.
  • compo
    ah yes forotten about him

tbh - we don't even have a date for when we are going atm
  • Whytepeak
    We are going at half term.

As a date to work on, I say Friday October the 30TH

Me, compo and Jay can all make this date.

Just need stealthy and jaz to say they can....
  • compo
    dunno if I can make the 30th - I'll check and let people know perhaps tomorow