Riding Mates around Manchester about 16

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    jay12 wrote:
    oh that place. i'v been down it before. thats besically the place where the huge DJ jumps are but slightly to the left and down

Yeah those two berms and the jumps down there are on the vid, but that doesn't constitute a 2 min DH track - there must be more to it - haven't seen that drop before, and the run in to that looks like a 'well dug in' trail, rather than just a cleared path...

We shall see what we find :) .
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Are we all up for 22nd December?
  • Whytepeak
    Yeah, everyone is going to that - if all goes well :).

Jay's christmas present... :lol:

Lights essential.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • compo
    Don't have lights except that crap but quite bright headtorch and that found rear light

Presume lights will only for like they were used last time though
  • Whytepeak
    There are no street lamps in the forest, it will be as black as the dark side of the moon...

So any light is a bonus, but bring a torch or something, we won't be riding any trails in the dark, but forest roads are plenty technical when you have one LED :lol:

It goes dark at about 4:15pm, we should be on our way back by to the train station by then...
  • compo
    Thats basically what I meant - no plans for night time trail ridin - only forest road if it becomes necessary or for comedy value
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i need new batteries for my front light.

damn you generic batteries(called magnum) :evil:
  • compo
    Better than none...
    I'm hoping for another comedy night ride through the busy streets of Manchester :)
  • There is a good northshore section on the way to the dh course. after the road crossing hang left off the fire trail. You are also less than 1hr from Llandegla from Delemere which is much better :)
  • Whytepeak
    Thanks for the tip gixerator, we'll keep an eye out. :D

Llandegla is certainly a viable option, but organising a bunch of teens is a pretty hard task, one for the summer maybe?
  • Can anyone tell me some good places around Ashton-Under-Lyne for Jumping and off-road I live in Dukinfield and know very few places.

Thanks

Jay
    GT Aggressor XC 3 <-- Nicked : (
    Carrera Kraken
  • Whytepeak
    JaySmitt

Get in contact with Jamazin, as he is from around that area.
  • I have, but he hasn't replied.
    Carrera Kraken
  • Whytepeak
    Hmmm, I'll tell him to get into gear then...

Check for clubs in the area, and see if they know of any riding spots, they may be able to point you in the right direction - how near do you want the the jumps? - there is Park Bridge 4x track...

Sorry, I don't know enough about the area myself (live on t'other side of manc...), though I'm sure Jamazin will know more.
  • ok cheers, I think I have a rough idea where park bridge is I'll just have a gander up there and see what I can find.
    Carrera Kraken
  • Whytepeak
    Check the location on google earth if you like, and see if anyone wants to go with you...

Other than that just ride sensibly, and you'll have loads of fun...

If you fancy coming on any of the rides were organising, then do speak up, we don't bite...
  • It's my last week in college next week so I'm sure I'll have some spare time. Where do you plan to meet?
    Carrera Kraken
  • Whytepeak
    We tend to to go places by train, so we either meet at the destination, or at a station along the way. We aren't a club, so we have no meeting place as such. But we organise rides to delamere, the peaks, and rivington (ooop north), so keep an eye open to plans we may have.

New riding destinantions are being contemplated all the time, indeed, if you have any suggestions, do say. And were not all 16 either :lol: .
  • Whytepeak wrote:
    Thanks for the tip gixerator, we'll keep an eye out. :D

Llandegla is certainly a viable option, but organising a bunch of teens is a pretty hard task, one for the summer maybe?

No probs, they have now built small/medium jumps along the upper path. (2nd left turn after the road) if you carry straight on after this section you will come out with the DH in front of you.
  • compo
    Is the 22nd the best idea?Just thought that the trains will be packed with xmas shoppers so wouldnt it be pretty hard with an illegal number of bikes?

Why dont we go the next week ie in between Xmas and New Year?
  • compo
    Gisburn%20no%20footer%20L.jpg

saw that this was a delemere
    Great!
    But anyone know where it is?[/url]
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    compo wrote:
    Gisburn%20no%20footer%20L.jpg

saw that this was a delemere
    Great!
    But anyone know where it is?[/url]
    tbh that dosn't look like delamere. and if it was it's either old and has been demolished years ago or it's hidden away
  • Whytepeak
    Thats not delamere compo, surely, not seen that type of tree there before, and I've never come across that jump...

The trains will be fine compo, mtfu.
  • Whytepeak
    Delamere on the 22nd, planned out - if anyone wants info, pm me, or it'll be up here by the weekend...

Rivi at some point, monday - thursday (but not tuesday :roll: ), good ride with the Nab and the pike in one loop, (thanks for the link delcol). Danny and co will be there too.

Trail building at gisburn over the holls too, I'll keep you posted compo - I know you're interested, or get you're email to stumpy and I'm sure he'd be happy to keep you posted...
    Ben and Danny will be in on the act too, maybe do a 'half dig, half ride, day'. :D

Lee Quarry on the 30th aswell, though you all knew about that - Stealthy and Jaz are in?

I'll be back on with more updates soon, Danny has also set up a new page on facebook, so PM me and I'll give you the link...

Hope this helps, and questions, just ask...
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    can't be to sure but that jump looks like gisburn forest...

depending when you go to rivi i may be able to meet you guys....

have a vid from sunday of me on the red trail on the nab...

http://www.vimeo.com/8198371

for some strange reason i can't find it on my youtube account....
  • Whytepeak
    Great vid delcol, think we may include the nab on our rivi ride.
    Although I'm not sure when that will be :roll: .
    Do you have any preferences as to when it happens?
  • delcol
    just depends on work, so so so busy at the mo i know i will be off fri xmass day sat sun mon and poss tuesdays will have to work wed thur be off fri sat sun..

if i can make it i will try but i can't make any arangements as i can't commit,...

i should be off but i can get the call to go in at any time who said being a boss for a big internatinal company was good..
  • delcol
    helmet cam footage of sundays nab session.. filmed by my brother.....

http://www.youtube.com/user/topasassin#p/u

have you ever ridden the belmont decent off winter hill.. 1 mile of pure downhill fun..
    caution some terrable language as i develop torrets quarter of the way down as my bro decideds to stick me in the ditch... filmed this in june or july...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDelcol#p/u
  • Whytepeak
    Yeah, the decents off Winter Hill rule :D so much fun, and the only decent length DH I know of round here... great vids too, though the restricted internet at college decided it didn't like the first one lol, I'll watch the rest tonight :D

As for the times, we'll se what can be done, I guess were going after x-mas now, so possibly monday, if all goes to plan.

Hopefully it'll be a decent turn out... :)