Comments

• compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    that story has me in stiches whytey - lmfao :lol::lol::lol:
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    StealTheR wrote:
    Ever thought of getting a job in journalism? :D

I definitely like the sounds of Rivington Pike, some nice routes up there.
    should apply for MBUK or something :lol:
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    delcol will try his hardest if wifey gives him some time off been so busy lately with family commitments and a crappy job that pays for expensive bikes and holidays hmmmmmmmmmm maybe it's not that crappy...

was up rivi about 3 weekends ago went out for a quick billy no mates solo ride took a quick peek over at the nab to see if they done anymore of the trail, the bottom bit of super flowing single track is now done,, then i got giddy and in all my excitment i turned a blind eye to the trail closed sign to huck that steep teccy rock garden only to come face to bucket with a jcb 15 metres down the trail... so thats why it said trail closed it aint fineshed yet. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

the top section and middle section are pretty good though and the blk trail is good for you young huckers who like to get air... and us old timers who like to think they still young...
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Good to hear from you again Delcol :D , was wondering what had come of you after your trip to Whistler :lol:

We'll definately organise a ride up there soon, I'll give you a buzz when we do.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • There's a track being built on Rivington Pike?
  • delcol
    just been busy with work and family and being ill..

only been out once since i got back on the 4th of oct and managed 2 cycle commutes,,

the trail are being built over healy nab which is in the shadow of winter hill it's over anglezark close to chorley,,
    the top and middle section are rideable but the bottom part is still under construction..
  • Whytepeak
    We'll i'm glad you're better :)

StealTheR

Now would be a good time to post up the BAD cycling forum, as they were very influential, helping the trail get started and helped loads with the contruction of the trail.
    However their website is down for the week for maintenance :roll: , so I'll have to get back to you on that one.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • I had no idea about that
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i have just checked and i have an inset day at school on the 27th November(this year :lol: ) so check your calanders, diaries or whatever.
  • Whytepeak
    Sorry Jay - got college an all that... :( - you can always go exploring :)

Lee Quarry soon with Ben and Danny :) - this ride will include all the bits of trail / path / dodgy looking jumps we can find...

Fancy a ride over winter some time Jay, at delamere?

Rivi route is now planned out, it looks a cracker - lots of good climbs and descents.
    Might go and check it out soon, make sure everything rolls right... stay tuned.

Also been looking at edale as a new destination, as there is some fantadtic riding over that way, jacob's ladder, derwent water... just say a date Jay :D
    If anyone has any route suggestion / anything that they want to include, then pipe up. We'll do the ladder, and the surrounding area near hayfield, then over to edale...
  • compo
    Jacob's laddr and that is near Castleton isn't it?
    I remember going there with the rents as a wee boy :lol:
    Don't think the ol' Carrera would agree with Blue John Cavern Mind :p
    There's also MamTor to go up then a good ridge to ride along - Great views and great decents 8)
  • Whytepeak
    Your a little off, Jacob's Ladder is to the north east of Chinley Head, and to the east of Hayfield. (north west of Castleton).

There is a lot of riding to be had between Hayfield and Edale... planning a route right now.
    Lots going on in the next few weekends... going to be a ride on the 21/22 of november. Open to suggestions for location, was thinking of Rivington / Nab, or this loop in the Peak District.

I'm open to suggestions if anyone would like to come along somewhere, otherwise I'll go and try some new routes... 8)
  • compo
    can't do 21/22
    but can do 28/29th around rivi if anyone wants to?
  • Fine by me
  • Whytepeak
    OK then, rivi ride on Saturday 28th.

I'll invite Jaz and Ben, Danny and co...

Should be good, route will include healey nab , rivi and some sessioning while compo eats his copious lunch :lol:
  • Reet, I'll be in touch nearer the time.
  • compo
    2 things:

1) Can only do Saturday 28 at a pinch but can do Sun 29 (see fb)

2) Got an amazing route from Edale - any a challenging climb, nice technical decent and a good view from the top :) Also takes in all the good features of the area, including a pub lunch perhaps STEALTHER?

Need I say more?
  • Whytepeak
    The dale loop sound good :).

the ride on the 28th is looking like it will be a good un'. Rivi / nab route.

Stealthy , Jaz and me are 'in'. Possibly some others coming along.

Everyone welcome. Relaxed ride, with a bit of a session on things here and there :D .
  • compo
    what time is the meet on sat 28 and where?
    casn only do it if its like early and then i wouldnt be popular with the rents :oops:
  • Whytepeak
    Depends with trains - we can aim for 10am as a realistic set off time.

Ben and Danny may be coming too :)

What is the nearest train station to rivi anyone?
  • delcol
    what route are you guys looking at for rivi,,

theres so many cool routes to do.. defo take in the nab. some good single track up there,, the route from whitecoppice over the moor via greathill across to winterhill is good but it would be hard going this time of year, i did it a few weeks ago around the 17th of oct and it was just about doable, i was chasing daylight riding solo and never bothered to take my lights, i got a bloody puncture to and could not be arsed to change it, so was trying to getas far as poss before pumping it up again..

the decent off winter hill to belmont is awesome to, so is the one off the side of winterhill through the gully.. some good playing to be had on the pike to, hucks. and steep decents..

if you want to do an epic from the barn over to darwin tower and back, either by whitecopice and greathill or over winter hill into and through belmont then back again..

wonder if i could make the 28th i don't know if wifey will have anyplans or if i will have to look after the kid.. will have to see.
  • Whytepeak
    Thanks Delcol - stopped being lazy and had a look myself - looks to be adlington.

The route will probably start at the lower barn (as a meeting point we all know).

As for the route, we'll be up the pike, then down to the pigeon house, the gardens, and then down the slabs descent (if everyone is up for it)... And then over to the nab trails (this is only possible on the road right?). Be good to loop that back to winter hill, then the pike, but I don't know the way too well, and that might be stretching the natural light...

No doubt the route will work itself out as we go along :lol: .
  • delcol
    looking on google maps i would say blackrod is nearer than horwich blackrod is the next station down from horwich (middlebrook) reebok......

hope this works.. follow station rd to crown lane this takes you towards rivi.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&t=h&u ... m_term=map
  • Whytepeak
    Thanks delcol

Hmmm, link dosen't work, but I know where you mean, and blackrod railway station is closest, not adlington - doh.

Crown lane is quite steep isn't it? And then you go by that roundabout, and turn right before the monument onto Lever Park avenue (he's done it before :) )
  • delcol
    yeah you can only reach the nab by road..

this should help you out, or could be an alternerative route for you..

http://www.transportforlancashire.com/C ... Biking.pdf

for the nab follow the north loop. when you hit the bridleway at anglezark you start to climb you will see healynab forest on the hill on the left.. it's got a big sign saying healynab memorial forest follow the bridal way up round the quarry you wil see a gate on the left go through this and clear the climb you pick the trailhead up near the top.

you will see a clearing through the trees on your right turn here and you will see the trailhead it's all signposted now..
  • delcol
    Crown lane is quite steep isn't it? And then you go by that roundabout, and turn right before the monument onto Lever Park avenue (he's done it before )

thats right..

i forgot about adlington...

that commonwealth route is ok....
  • Whytepeak
    Nice link delcol, thanks :D - so many routes .

That info on how to find the nab trails is being printed off, hehe.

Now about 6 of us going on Saturday :D .
  • compo
    Whytepeak wrote:

What is the nearest train station to rivi anyone?

Horwich Parkway or Blackrod are equidistant but blackrod is easiest to get to lower barn from

1) Come out of the station and head in the opposite direction to pub/traffic lights on the road

2) Follow for 5-10 mins

3) When you get to a complicated double roundabout go up Lever Park Avenue (has 2 posts either side of the road)

4) Follow this road to the barn for about 1-2 miles
  • compo
    I can't come Saturday 28th now but am happy to go any other day