Riding Mates around Manchester about 16

Comments

• compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    For the 22nd trip to Delemere - next tuesday times are as follows on train

Be there before the time for your station

Remember it may be busy with it being Xmas but we all have each other's numbers so will play it by ear if thinks go wrong

Otherwise the times are:
    Daisy Hill 0823
    Walkden 0835
    Swinton 0842
    Man vic 0859
    Man pic 0917
    Greenbank 1017
    Delamere 1026
  • compo
    These are the times back

they are for any hour so for example can be starting at 1523 if we want

Dlm - 1623
    Man pic - 1736
    Man vic - 1810
    Swinton - 1825
    Walkden - 1830
    Dsy - 1840
  • Evenin all, I'll be in the Manchester area in the new year, looking for some people to go for a push around with. I'll also have a spare Mountain Cycle Battery if someone fancies a few test rides on it.

Sound slike Glossop might be a starter for ten, if there are any PM's flying around about riding after 2nd jan, can I be included on them pelase?

Cheers!
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    compo wrote:
    For the 22nd trip to Delemere - next tuesday times are as follows on train

Be there before the time for your station

Remember it may be busy with it being Xmas but we all have each other's numbers so will play it by ear if thinks go wrong

Otherwise the times are:
    Daisy Hill 0823
    Walkden 0835
    Swinton 0842
    Man vic 0859
    Man pic 0917
    Greenbank 1017
    Delamere 1026
    i have't got you number
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    26 to Life wrote:
    Evenin all, I'll be in the Manchester area in the new year, looking for some people to go for a push around with. I'll also have a spare Mountain Cycle Battery if someone fancies a few test rides on it.

Sound slike Glossop might be a starter for ten, if there are any PM's flying around about riding after 2nd jan, can I be included on them pelase?

Cheers!

No problem 26tL, we'll se what can be done, and yes, Glossop is a good place for a ride. We may be getting a ride in the peaks done at some point, if so we'll let you know, I can't believe we've yet to explore such a haven for mtb action.

Other than that, we ride at Delamere, Rivington, and Lee Quarry... though a bit of diversity would be good now and again :lol: , we'll see what can be done...
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • compo
    I'm now not going to Delamere

Heavy snow forecast for Monday & Tuesday

The Delamere train line always gets closed in snow cos Northern Rail are so crap

Also - think how busy it will be with Xmas shoppers when we have bikes

Up for a new year ride though and 26 to Life - Glossop sounds good - easier to get to than Delamere aswell :)
  • jay12
    compo wrote:

The Delamere train line always gets closed in snow cos Northern Rail are so crap

Up for a new year ride though and 26 to Life - Glossop sounds good - easier to get to than Delamere aswell :)
    you know it's not going to snow. the met office are as good at predicting the weather as a monkey
  • Whytepeak
    jay12 wrote:
    compo wrote:

you know it's not going to snow. the met office are as good at predicting the weather as a monkey

Yeah compo, get with it :lol: . The ride is still on...
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • jay12
    compo and whyte pm me your numbers so that if something happens on the day we'll be able to conatct eachother
  • Whytepeak
    jay12 wrote:
    compo and whyte pm me your numbers so that if something happens on the day we'll be able to conatct eachother

Good idea Jay - but my phone has gone awol - :(

I'll send you my number when I find it...

Looking forward to delamere now... :D
    Going to have 4 days of solid riding... dirt jump sesh / down woods, rivi with club, road ride up over belmont, then delamere. :D:D:D
  • jay12
    your gonna be daed but then at christmas your going to be sitting around stuffing your face so it balances out :wink:
  • Whytepeak
    Hope not :lol: .

Those are great vids delcol, though I may have had a nosy at your vids from whistler. 'crank it up joy ride' is great :D

Just been for a night ride on the blender, best ride this year :D . Didn't need lights because of the snow...
  • compo
    not going to delamere now

Jay12 - i'll PM u mine and Whytey's numbers in a sec :)
  • Whytepeak
    compo wrote:
    not going to delamere now

Jay12 - i'll PM u mine and Whytey's numbers in a sec :)

He dosen't really mean it... :lol:

There are, as of yet, no weather warnings for the area, or notices of possible disruption for trains, so its still on as far as I'm concerned.
  • Working on Tuesday :(:(

On a 7-4. I hate not being to be able to get out because of work. I hate having to trek to the gym aswell in place of it.

30th is still good for me though. Also, why did it change to Lee Quarry? That's gonna be a pain for me to get there.
  • Whytepeak
    Tuesday just gets better and better eh? :roll:

It was always a LQ ride, just Danny typed the wrong thing :roll: .
    We'll see what can be done...
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    thanks whytepeak
    just thought i would show you the trail as there doesn't seem to be many vids on nab...

crank it up is one of my fav trails in the bikepark...
    and joyride jump/drop park i have been eyeing up for the past 18 month since my first trip last may but i was a total newbie then...
    look for my vid hucking bikepark, this was filmed the day after i did my drop clinic with seb (from bearbackbiking and writes for dirtmag) in joyride and then onto the legendary schleyer..
    hucking ruels.....

miss whistler roll on next may so i can get back......

would you be up for some guiding around whstler, :wink:
  • Whytepeak
    delcol wrote:
    miss whistler roll on next may so i can get back......

would you be up for some guiding around whstler, :wink:

Add me to the rider list, :D(I wish)
    Maybe someday...
  • compo
    Well i'm not coming cos of the crowds anyway
  • Whytepeak
    compo wrote:
    Well i'm not coming cos of the crowds anyway

Fair enough - its just jay, jaz et moi then...

Looking forward to drifting in the snow + falling off... :lol:
  • compo
    will also be knackered from a weekend of partying
  • compo wrote:
    will also be knackered from a weekend of partying

aha.

I like this.
  • A ride in the new year sounds like a better idea. Once all the christmas rush is over. Got to have an operation next friday so this rules me out for 3/4 weeks :(
  • A ride in the new year sounds like a better idea. Once all the christmas rush is over. Got to have an operation next friday so this rules me out for 3/4 weeks :(
    To get used to the new tits? Ahem, sorry. Far too easy a target. Hope you fix up fast.
  • compo
    New year ride sounds like a good idea

being young, us lot will be off school in the week commencing 4th so you older ones - when are you free?

Alos - where should we go

I like the sound of Glossop tbh
  • 26 to Life wrote:
    A ride in the new year sounds like a better idea. Once all the christmas rush is over. Got to have an operation next friday so this rules me out for 3/4 weeks :(
    To get used to the new tits? Ahem, sorry. Far too easy a target. Hope you fix up fast.

I wish it was new tits to be honest. Nah the age old problem of a Epigastric Hernia (on my belly)

Well i'm up for rides anywhere and anytime really. Whereabouts in Bolton you from compo? I'm from Harwood.
  • Whytepeak
    26 to Life wrote:
    A ride in the new year sounds like a better idea. Once all the christmas rush is over. Got to have an operation next friday so this rules me out for 3/4 weeks :(

I wish it was new tits to be honest. Nah the age old problem of a Epigastric Hernia (on my belly)

Well i'm up for rides anywhere and anytime really. Whereabouts in Bolton you from compo? I'm from Harwood.

Hope everything works out :) .

Hayfield ride soon after christmas...
  • compo
    I'm up 4 that :)
  • jay12
    february or after for me
  • Be good to get some rides out with you lads. Going up Rivvy tho Boxing day me thinks if anyone wants to come?