Riding Mates around Manchester about 16

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Well there is a rivi ride this Saturady 21st, couple of us going with Ben :D
    Hey stealthy - would you like to come too, you can a have a lift down there... :D

And also there is the ride on the 28th :D

Good times...
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Can't come to either sorry :(
    will be a bit wet tho given current whether - I'm currently drowning withWhytepeak
    in the lakes
  • Yeah I'll come this weekend pal

Let me know what the plan is and stuff.

Who's coming?
  • Whytepeak
    Sorry for the silence Stealthy, at patterdale with school for a business thing...l :(
    The weather is really awful, and we are currently surrounded by water (it rains in the lake district) :lol: , so its unclear whether or not we will get back on friday.
    So I don't know yet whether or not I can make it - I'll send you a phone message on friday to confirm my presence/ blame school for a major let down... :):(

Asuming all goes well, well meet at the lower barn at around 9:30, and we'll probably finish about 5pm (no lights needed).

Room in the car too, as it'll be just us two (hopefully) from over manchester way.

Hope you can make it - text me if you want updates...though I'll be in contact on friday.... :)
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Whytepeak
    Well everything is set for Saturday, and nothing will stop me :D (haven't been out on the bike for ages) That said the weather dosen't look too bad... :roll:

Jaz gets a lift there, Stealthy gets a mars bar... everyone is happy...
  • What times are we meeting and stuff?

I don't know where this Lower Barn is :(
  • Whytepeak
    StealTheR wrote:
    What times are we meeting and stuff?

I don't know where this Lower Barn is :(

Get yourself onto Google Earth (zoom :roll: ) and look at Lever Park (between Rivi Pike, and the reservoir). The lower barn is on Rivington Lane, go past the little 'lever park' symbol with the tree (travelling north) and its that building on the left as the road bends slightly to the right.

Sorry fotr the rubbish instructions :roll:

Was thinking we'd meet at about 9:30 / 10:00, if you're riding there and back, don't forget some lights! :D

Looks like its just us two Stealthy, plenty of room in the car - save you riding up there!
  • I'm not gonna be able to make it myself now mate :(:(

Have to work.

Next ride though, we need to make sure everyone comes
  • Whytepeak
    StealTheR wrote:
    I'm not gonna be able to make it myself now mate :(:(

Have to work.

Next ride though, we need to make sure everyone comes

No worries, I've a hell of a lot of work to do aswell, so probably for the best.

Still going to get out at some point :) , been deprived for too long :(
  • compo
    Anyone free this or next saturday? (5th or 12th)
  • This saturday yeah
  • compo
    ok not this saturday - sorry guys
    got a physics mock on the monday and am sh!te at it :lol:
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    this saturday i'm busy but next week i should be free
  • Whytepeak
    Ok Jay,

We'll se if something comes together.

Hey Jay - when do you break up for school? As we could do some rides during the week...
  • jay12
    Whytepeak wrote:
    Ok Jay,

Hey Jay - when do you break up for school? As we could do some rides during the week...
    18th
  • Whytepeak
    jay12 wrote:
    Whytepeak wrote:
    Ok Jay,

18th

Same, we can go for a ride on that week after if you like?
  • compo
    that'd be grand :)
    Delamere?
    Or should we branch out somewhere different?
  • Whytepeak
    Delamere is good fun and we can all get there - so lets return, lots of new stuff has been built too, that I'm itching to try out . :D
  • compo
    You just want to try the road gap don't you?
    What else is new peeps?

Whata about Clader Valley?
  • Whytepeak
    Guilty as charged :lol:
    Lots of new stuff been built - kickers and drops, on badgers that look pretty good.
    I'll link you Nic's vid in a bit - so you can see the new stuff.

Edale could work, but Jay might not want to travel that far, alone...
  • jay12
    Whytepeak wrote:
    Lots of new stuff been built - kickers and drops, on badgers that look pretty good.

only with the family and i wouldn't go on my bike so in february half trem edale would be good.

delamere on the christmas holidays though. even if you want to go somewhere else you can go in a group without me
  • Whytepeak
    jay12 wrote:
    Whytepeak wrote:

only with the family and i wouldn't go on my bike so in february half trem edale would be good.

delamere on the christmas holidays though. even if you want to go somewhere else you can go in a group without me

Delamere is a good place to ride Jay - so we'll certainly take the trip down there to ride with you, and try badgers dh :D .
  • Whytepeak
    DH track at Delamere :wink:

Never been to it before, so I'm looking forward to finding it at last...
  • jay12
    cool. never heard of it. i hope it's good
  • Whytepeak
    I'll linky a vid to it in a bit for you. Still at college so I can't atm due to the rubbish computers.

It looks really good though - about 2 minutes long (6 mins for us then :lol: ) and there are a fair few jumps / drops that have been built recently. Be good to find something to session and improve on - I need to get my drifts back in check - I've practiced front wheel slides often enough now. :roll: :lol:
  • jay12
    ok, i'll be waiting

2 minutes on a dh bike and 20 on a raleigh :lol:
  • Whytepeak
    Delamere Vid

May meet up with Nic there, and here he is riding in the vid (he is the one who does the 'road gap').
    Recognise any of it Jay? :lol:
  • compo
    delamere wud b gud in winter tbh - long time 2 get there but that can be done in dark whereas in summer it would take up precious riding light :lol:
  • jay12
    oh that place. i'v been down it before. thats besically the place where the huge DJ jumps are but slightly to the left and down