Riding Mates around Manchester about 16

Comments

• Did you post your form and money?
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Going to tomorrow :)

Dad (and therefore cheques) has just got back from germany :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Whytepeak
    Been away for a while stealthy, I'll see what happens as regard to the 10/11 of october.

Race report

New race report - sounds fun :lol:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • StealTheR
    StealTheR Posts: 195
    Looking forward to many a falls.
  • Whytepeak
    Take plenty of spare inner tubes!

Course sounds vicious :D
  • Dalby is awesome, I live in Bury and it took us about 2 1/2 hours, well worth the drive though. Off to whinlatter in Keswick tomorrow, anyone been, if so what's it like?

Gisburn is also good, was there last wk and the new trails with huge berms are great1

Andy
  • Whytepeak
    Hello aguesty1

Whinlatter comes with my recommendations - its very good.
    I've only ridden the north loop - nice climbs, although the final descent is a bit short, its great fun to ride.

The south loop is supposed to be even better - keep an eye out for bigbenj_08, who is also going tomorrow :D
    See his post here
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    aguesty1
    how old are you?
    what do you ride?
    More importantly, do you want to come for a ride? :lol:
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    compo
    would you be able to come between 25th october and 2nd November for a ride in delamere?
    same goes to everyone else
  • Whytepeak
    Hmm lets see now - YES

What have you got planned Jay? :D
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    same as last time but some downhill added. if there is more than 4 coming then we would have to split into 2 groups. that's if we're all coming by train
  • compo
    I am coming but probably won't be that fast on the proper downhill courses, having only a cheap xc bike :lol:
    (having said that I'll probably be slow on the uphills aswell knowing me :P)
  • Whytepeak
    Thats the spirit compo :D

Thats three so far...
  • compo
    Stealthy will prob want to come seen as he missed it last time
  • StealTheR
    I'll be up for that :)

What about a ride up rivvy aswell?
  • Whytepeak
    StealTheR wrote:
    I'll be up for that :)

What about a ride up rivvy aswell?

yep there will be a rivy ride for shure - I'd go :wink:

Guessing compo would, possibly jaz too.

its road biking tomorrow though :D
  • StealTheR
    Have fun, I'm in shropshire for the weekend with the bikes and a few mates trying out some trails and stuff.
  • Whytepeak
    Lucky you - I'm trying to persuade the rents to move to shropshire - where are you going to ride 'iydmma'?
  • StealTheR
    Around Church Stretton it's called, we are staying in a youth hostel.
  • Whytepeak
    Lovely area of the country, hope you have a good time.

Just been looking at road mudguards failing :shock: (don't ask) - if its sunny tomorrow, they are coming off!
  • Whytepeak
    jay12 wrote:
    would people be able to come between 25th october and 2nd November for a ride in delamere?

Me an stealthy are doing a race on the 18th October.
    I'm scooting off to the lakes on the weekend of the 24th October.

But I'm up for stuff over half term. - 26th - 31st :D

Rivi, Delamere...
  • StealTheR
    Yeah I'll do Delamere.

Just got back from Church Stretton, some of the trails round there are really good, most of them are man-made and had some really nice downhill parts.

Part of the track went across a runway for gliders and small planes so we had to dodge planes aswell.

But it was really good I enjoyed it,
  • Whytepeak
    Sounds like fun :)

Been out 'getting the miles in' on the roadie - fun fun fun :lol:

The race starts with a 'straight up warm up' style climb :roll:
  • StealTheR
    Aye I'm looking forward to it.
  • StealTheR
    Btw Whytepeak, if you ever go on a road ride any night of the week, just let me know, text or on here I don't mind. You have my number.
  • Whytepeak
    I'm going on a road ride pretty often now actually - almost every day of the week :shock:

Just along the east lancs though - nowt too far.

I'll get some pics when I go out today. You're welcome to come along.

I'll probably go over to rivi on the road bike this weekend.
  • StealTheR
    Yeah well, I went out on my road bike before so if you go any other day this week let me know.

Not this weekend though. Saturday I'm in work and Sunday I'm going up to Lee Quarry to have a ride round it a few times.
  • Whytepeak
    Riding round lee quaray is a good idea.

I'll probably se if I can get up there before the race too.

As for road riding, I can only get out after school, and most days that means 5pm at the earliest :(
  • StealTheR
    Yeah thats fine. I'm free Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week after 4:30 so just text me or ring me if you wanna go on a road ride.