Phil & Paul's Cycling Cliche Bingo

14567810»

Comments

• gethmetal
    gethmetal Posts: 208

I haven't watched the P & P show for many years, but caught a bit while visiting a friend earlier. I wasn't paying full attention but I'm sure that one of them commented that a rider had cramp in his 'back legs'?

Yup, I heard that peach. I hate P&P with a passion. I am so glad I have Dave and Sean, however lame they may be.
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    Today, in relation to a fast descent from a Pyrennean summit, "don't try this at home".... :lol:

Lol!!

I wish I could. Can't wait to go to France next summer. The hills in Ireland/Scotland are pretty shitty/easy. I want a challenge!!
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Who on ITV4 said, today, that Schleck should keep his revenge cool in the fridge of his hotel room for another 48 hours? :oops: :shock: :lol:

Could have been Sherwen. He was rather upset over the incident.
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    Not exactly a cliche, but i enjoyed: "moreau will be tickling the backend of charteau"
  • adeyboy
    adeyboy Posts: 113
    Phil and Paul are abit moronic and repetitive in their commentary but aside from their distinctive idiosyncrasies they come up with some classic stuff.

"Lance Armstrong took a long look in to the face of Jan Ulrich and said 'Well, are you coming or not?' and the answer is not!"

Didn't Paul go on to say something like "if he'd had any eyes behind those glasses, he would have seen Armstrong looking straight into them...." HA HA, what?!

I prefer Eurosport for the early part of the stage to tell me tactics etc, but when the excitment mounts, you can't beat Sir Phil Leg-it.
  • Billy_Hunt
    Billy_Hunt Posts: 70
    My wife was watching the ITV4 highlights the other day. When Paul and Phil do their Q&A bit she said they look like a pair of perverts. Harsh, but she had a point.
    "Get yer trousers on, yer nicked".
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Luckao wrote:
    Who on ITV4 said, today, that Schleck should keep his revenge cool in the fridge of his hotel room for another 48 hours? :oops: :shock: :lol:

Could have been Sherwen. He was rather upset over the incident.

That was Imlach actually, the full quote was quite funny and was said tongue in cheek.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    "Mano a mano" has to be one of my all time favourites.

Met PL and his wife at an airport earlier this year. Absolutely delightful man in person.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Sas-tray?

Liggett - RETIRE.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I like the commentry. Keep it up chaps.
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    I couldn't believe Liggett (IIRC) saying that Andy and Bertie were going up the Tourmalet like "... a pair of Siamese Twins". PC certainly hasn't gone mad with these two!
  • dombo6
    dombo6 Posts: 582
    Classic at the weekend. Usual aerial shot of the peloton snaking through a pretty village with ok commentary. Then it lingered too long on a combined harvester in a field.
    There was a 2-3 second pause then the line "Combined harvester in the field there...separating the wheat from the chaff"
  • manofsteel
    manofsteel Posts: 68
    During a sprint the other day:
    " The man with 3 legs from the Isle of Man"
    Class!
    'Pain is just weakness leaving your body'

Charge Duster SS
    GT Zaskar Carbon Expert
    '03 Stumpy HT
    Ribble Sportive Racing
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    just then-'look at them as they come out of the ground-170 moles in action'

thanks phil!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • great stage on the shomps today :roll:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    Classic when Cav held up five fingers at the end. Sherwen "Yes, we all know how many you've won". A few minutes later Liggett "Cav has now won four stages on this Tour" :lol:
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716

best one of the Tour for me that.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277

best one of the Tour for me that.

yes- pure partridge! :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'