The Fat Club

Comments

• Hello Jenny, yes it's great to work out. I have dodgy knees so I asked for a programme that concentrated on my upperbody (leg curls and knee presses have done too much damage in the past), with my cycling taking care of my lower body. It's going okay all things considered, I just need to step it up a gear now I think. Happily the folk here are a mine of helpful tips.
    Start Weight: 128 kilos (20.2 st) (April 17th 2009)
    Current Weight:119 kilos (18.7 st) (June 18th 2009)
    Target Weight: 92 kilos (14.5 st) (sometime mid-2010, hopefully sooner)
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    evening all.

@Regal - its the small bit of exursice that count chap. keep at it i am sure ya will wor out somthing that works for you. Have you thought about getting a turbo trainer so when ya indoors with the baby ya can bang a few miles in on it.

@ DW - fair play hunny i am sure those extra miles helped or was it somthing else. Pre wedding fun ;)

@ TimesLikeThese - Can I lose 1lb by tomorrow to make it a full stone!? mate take a shit before ya weighya self then ya will pron find ya will lse that KG lmfao

@ SpinningJenny - i know what ya mean. the weght i have lost means i have come down 2 sizes in trousers. that how i know i have lost some. As for checking out ya own biceps yer know that one do it every day lmfao. i have a heavy job were i lift all day so it helps. May even start wearing vest tops just to show them of a bit more. "yer baby show us the guns". Sorry was checking mine out again.

Aint done much riding my self today got up late for work so got a lift in witch ment i got a lift home tonight aswell. i must this weekend go and do a nice long road ride. think i may have to visit my nan witch is 18 mile each way. aint had alot o swees at work mainly tho coz i didnt take any monies. Wich is a thought realy if i dont take my wallet to work i cant raid the vending machine asmuch. I used to be so good at taken food in and not spending i dont know were my motavation has gone.

any way guys keep up the good work
  • Briarquest
    Briarquest Posts: 93
    edited May 2011
    Ian
  • XxxBFGxxX
    Briarquest wrote:
    Mmmm,
    just found that I have a local MTB club that go out on a ride every Wednesday night through the summer.

All I need now is a very big hard trail MTB :)

Ian

my LBs is ment to be starting a reguler ride out each week i think its a good step forward aswell. Defo means we can get out on the bikes more
  • MAXlMUS
    MAXlMUS Posts: 39
    @Regal......welcome bruv.

If the weather is good Saturday Rutland is a defo?

I bought myself a bib btw...bet i look like a WWF wrestler!

Max
  • XxxBFGxxX
    MAXlMUS wrote:
    @Regal......welcome bruv.

If the weather is good Saturday Rutland is a defo?

I bought myself a bib btw...bet i look like a WWF wrestler!

Max

the roack or hulk hogun. lmfao
  • Ach... did something stupid.
    Last couple of days I WALKED several miles and now I've huge blisters over the soles and heels of my feet. Should have just stuck with the cycling! :evil:

Is it best just to leave off the cycling for a few days till they heal?
  • XxxBFGxxX
    Ach... did something stupid.
    Last couple of days I WALKED several miles and now I've huge blisters over the soles and heels of my feet. Should have just stuck with the cycling! :evil:

Is it best just to leave off the cycling for a few days till they heal?

i used to brurst mine then stick witch hazel on them stung a little but hardened thema gain.
  • Briarquest wrote:
    Mmmm,
    just found that I have a local MTB club that go out on a ride every Wednesday night through the summer.

Ian

Maximus has a Kona Hoss (a bike that I was seriously considering buying but opted for a 2008 Boardman Comp HT instead) I'm sure he'l be happy to give you an opinion on it. Mind you, there's not too many decent MTBs that won't handle a bit of weight.
  • MAXlMUS
    I cant fault the Kona Hoss Delux.....It is heavier than most bikes but at our weight it makes no differnce...the finish and components are superb.

Its a real man`s bike....ROAR!!

Oh and its a Kona!

Link to my baby http://www.konabikes.co.uk/2k7bikes/hoss_deluxe_2k7.php

Max
  • XxxBFGxxX
    @Briarquest i find with bikes that if i upgrade the wheels from teh taccy crap they normaly come with i am fine. the bikes them selfs ar strong. my marin susser is overbuilt with my size in mind. mind you its a beast and is nice to ride even my less heavy mates like to ride it.
  • MAXlMUS
    " less heavy mates "

We don`t talk about their sort on this thread.

Skinny Bar Stewards!!

heehee

Max
  • XxxBFGxxX
    MAXlMUS wrote:
    " less heavy mates "

We don`t talk about their sort on this thread.

Skinny Bar Stewards!!

heehee

Max

i call them worse than that mate normaly i am hurling abuse lilke hurry the fook up. and i aint joking mate they cant keep up with me when i push like hell. they catch me on hils but strates i leave them for dust. and of course the downs wow i love them gravity just takes over.
  • MAXlMUS
    mmmm hills!
  • Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    2 lbs off this week :D
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04
  • MAXlMUS
    Gratz :)
  • gz girl.

I know this is going to be a really bad week for me as i've not done any riding since sunday due to all my blooming blisters! :evil:
  • OwenB
    OwenB Posts: 606
    I know how you feel about the blisters, I'd just calmed down my gastritis problems and then my achilles went so no exercise at all for me at the moment. I'm just hoping that being strict on my diet will pay dividends.
    Hopefully I'll be able to do some gentle road rides from next week but I don't want to cause further damage.
  • rob_mafia
    rob_mafia Posts: 136
    2 lbs off this week :D

Well done DW, nice one.

Any updates on other folks weigh ins this week?
  • Rob Mafia wrote:
    Any updates on other folks weigh ins this week?

My Wednesday-Wednesday weigh in was 20s6 to 20s2

But with no cycling since sunday I've really messed up this coming weeks!
  • Briarquest
    edited May 2011
    Hi,
    Ian
  • This weekend is going to be my first real test since I started my new regime. We are off to Dundee for "her Indoors'" family celebaration, a first communion. So there will be loads of food and drink available. I shall stick to red wine I think, alternating each glass with one of sparkling water.....and I shall leave the deep-fried Mars bars well alone! :wink:

See you next week folks.
  • MAXlMUS
    Red wine is definately good for weight watchers points....just try to drink lots of water and stuff yourself with veges.....good luck :D
  • XxxBFGxxX
    Briarquest wrote:
    Hi,
    shock horror, I may be contemplating a 29er :)

Ian

is that a 69er for the cheap skates lmfao

taxi for me bye got my coat aswell

Right after starting this thread it gave me the motivation again to get out and so some miles. I live right next to the newforest. miles and miles or tracks. Went out wed did a little bit but today at work i thought right fook it. Got home grabbed the XC bike and of i went 3 hours later rolled home covered in mud. Brill ride i must say at one point i took my head phones out and just listened, nothing but me fresh air and trees. got couple pics when i can get them of my fone. I am realy sore now now so gonna have a chill in the bath.
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Briarquest wrote:
    Hi,
    shock horror, I may be contemplating a 29er :)

Ian

Good lad! I'm stripping my old ScandAL down and my new Singular Swift frame is in the LBS to be built, all parts are here except the spokes for the rear wheel.... :x
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • Briarquest
    edited May 2011
    Hi,
    Ian
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Feelin for ya, I know what it was like my my little mutt had some operations for cancerous growths.
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • Cheshley
    Cheshley Posts: 1,448
    Briarquest wrote:
    Mmmm,

Ian

'Mountain Biking' and 'Selby' aren't two things I ever expected to see in the same sentence!!! Reminds me of Norfolk :)

Where do they ride mate?
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill
    2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
    2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • XxxBFGxxX
    Briarquest wrote:
    Hi,
    almost did not ride today, one of my dogs had a bad break to its back leg and it is going to have to be amputated on Monday :(

But I did go out to work out some frustration. Rather than distance I went for more speed. I did 14.96 miles in 1hr 08 mins and 15 secs.

The was a nice rise in the middle, my thighs were burning and I got a stitch, but it felt good.

Ian

sorry to here about your dog mate i know how it feels.

what sort of training do yo do chap. i used to train with dogs aswell
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    gz girl.

I know this is going to be a really bad week for me as i've not done any riding since sunday due to all my blooming blisters! :evil:

So do some home circuits - upper body stuff. Press ups, pull ups, dips, anything.

I've had a dislocated shoulder - and still trained.
    I've had a busted knee - and still trained.

You can work around almost anything.

Sorry to drop in like an unwanted smell but you MUST harden up and all stop your excuses. Some of you are doing massive distances and that's amazing but some fall too easily.

I know as a non largey I'm not qualified but as an ex kickboxing instructor/torturer, I have helped a lot of people that think it can't be done, to just do it. The ones that stick with it make huge leaps in fitness and weight control.

I'll go now...