Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• Dalton
    Dalton Posts: 265
    willy b wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:
    No, if I were then I'd be looking at circa 25 - 30k, he clearly is retired or has nothing better to do.

He's a machine 8)

He is also 5ft 12inches tall according to his profile!

:D
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    willy b wrote:
    So, 5 months left, everybody on target?
    Very poor August so far and I'm away covering the Insomnia festival next (very long weekend) but still on target 66% at 8 months in. September might have to be when I break the 1k barrier too get so mileage in reserve in case winter sets in early.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • August will be my worst month, probably only going to get 850 or so miles in. Moving to a house that requires quite a bit of work next month as well, so no club rides until next year. 12k target looking unlikely, think I'm going to get close, but no cigar.
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    holiday starts tomorrow....a week of Scuba diving so definitely no miles for me
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    So August has been a bit of a change, but still managed to get in some miles, just not as many as usual.

I'll click over to 9,000 this evening. :)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    From My Cycling Log annual goal

Progress: 67%
    3509.10 mi at 14.10 mi/h
    A distance of 1690.90 mi remains.
    At current average speed, 120.0 hours of ride time required.
    An average daily distance of 12.53 mi required.
    You should have completed a distance of 3290.96 mi by midnight tonight.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Brad123
    Brad123 Posts: 86
    Come Thursday this week on holiday with family so no riding for 10 days. Just as I got into the twenties
    GT Avalanche for xc fun
    Btwin Triban 3
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Brad123 wrote:
    Come Thursday this week on holiday with family so no riding for 10 days. Just as I got into the twenties

good. :wink:

only joking, have a good time
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Brad123
    Brad123 Posts: 86
    rubertoe wrote:
    Brad123 wrote:

good. :wink:

only joking, have a good time

Had I idea you would like that :cry:
    GT Avalanche for xc fun
    Btwin Triban 3
  • August is a bit rubbish over here in the cotswolds too. Been on hols\working from home on and off all month so far. On hols all of next week.

At this rate I'll be 500 miles down on the month.
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • Just scraped up into the top ten after my first 1k+ last month, but wont be logging much more than 800 this month. September however is looking promising.
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • Just scraped up into the top ten after my first 1k+ last month, but wont be logging much more than 800 this month. September however is looking promising.

Nice one .. noticed you lower down table and then pow your sneaked in there. I thought it was going to be antlaff that caught me. Not sure where SharyksSurfers got to ..

There is a helluva gap up to 6th - not sure if I'll ever catch that group up :cry:

strava profile
  • Yep, but you're still 250 ahead of me! Got some big gaps to close now but I'll be very suprised if I hang on to top 15 for year end. Sure I'll drop back down once people return from holidays.
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • willy b
    Bit close between 5th & 6th... Come on iPete 8)

Not sure where SharyksSurfers got to ..

There is a helluva gap up to 6th - not sure if I'll ever catch that group up :cry:

My commuting is pants at the moment, so not logged the milage on it, been off with back problems and then holidays, so not sure when i will post some miles back up
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    Just thought i would do an update on my accident of 2yrs ago.As some of you know i was rammed off the road at 30mph whilst out training&sustained a broken collarbone,cuts&bruises.Luckily i posted what had happened to me on the TT forum&was contacted by David Crawley who happens to a very good cyclist&luckily for me a very good solicitor.He took my case on&despite the other side being very negative&seemingly very confident they would'nt be paying out a pound in compensation.David did a exellent job for 2yrs in eventually changing their minds&i received a very nice four figure sum in a out of court settlement.For what this idiot driver did to me it's not really justice but after the crown prosocution service dropped the case for a lack of evidence it was just about as good a result as i could've hoped for.So it pays to be persistant if you know your in the right.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Hmmm, third place! How did that happen? Mind you, whilst I've missed 10 days due to a foot injury, djw has dropped his eye off the ball the silly chap! Worth a post anyway even if I don't keep the place for long......

@ Airwave - glad you got a good result!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • willy b
    Over 10,000 miles for the year as of Saturday :)
  • 400,000ft climbed as of this evening :D

strava profile
  • rolf_f
    willy b wrote:
    400,000ft climbed as of this evening :D

Excuse me - I'm showing off right now. You two pick another day! :evil: :lol:
  • :lol:

strava profile
  • willy b
    gbsahne wrote:
    cough 11k

Rolf was showing off didn't you see. Please get in line. :lol:
  • rolf_f
    willy b wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:
    cough 11k

Rolf was showing off didn't you see. Please get in line. :lol:

And what is Mr gb doing in this thread anyway? He doesn't SCS anymore - bragging about your score in a game you aren't playing is hardly cricket. If anyone knows where he lives, can they pop over and let his tyres down?

Anyway, brag away all - that was Thursday, this is Friday. However awesome I am (and I really am very awesome indeed but you know that), I can't really claim two days sole rights!

Mind you, I did do the tough part of the TdF 2014 stage 2 today. 100 miles of hell! That's worth a few bragging points.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Rolf F wrote:
    willy b wrote:
    400,000ft climbed as of this evening :D

Excuse me - I'm showing off right now. You two pick another day! :evil: :lol:

wow that's impressive chats, i'm only this on Strava but seeing as i dont record most of my commuting on Strava i'm 6804.95 miles YTD but not sure how much ascent.

Good work chaps

YEAR-TO-DATE
    Distance 4,617.3mi
    Time 289hr 3m
    Elev Gain 253,199ft
    Rides 231
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Seems to be quite a number of people who fancied having a go earlier this year but don't actually bother, so I reckon it's time for a bit of a purge. Anyone who hasn't troubled the scoreboard since July will find their entry disabled and therefore hidden by the time I'm the right side of a drop of red tonight. I might start early as well...

Options? Add some miles to bring your last update up to date; agree that clogging it up with dead entries is poor form; or let me know on here that you will be having a proper go honest guv. The first is the best option of that little lot.

:)
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Cull everyone that has less than 3k miles logged and anyone that hasnt updated since 1 August.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    rubertoe wrote:
    Cull everyone that has less than 3k miles logged and anyone that hasnt updated since 1 August.
    :lol: The cutoff ought to be at 2k and done on Sunday night to give me a chance to stay on board.

End of July it is. This isn't a permanent removal like it used to be, ever since someone requested being omitted from this year but didn't want to disappear from previous years. You can be hidden and if necessary, unhidden.
  • rolf_f
    CiB wrote:
    Options? Add some miles to bring your last update up to date; agree that clogging it up with dead entries is poor form; or let me know on here that you will be having a proper go honest guv. The first is the best option of that little lot.

:)

You could also make it so that your position is determined by the sum of the individual months rather than manual entry of a single total. That would be a pretty funny shock for those that can't be bothered to even enter a single total for the month!
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Yawn.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com