Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• rubertoe wrote:
    I will be upping to about 22 each way 4/5 days a week.

Gonna smash this years target out of the park.

:) Nice one

My shortest commute at the moment is approx 22 each way - it's probably about the limit for me to do day in, day out .. just because of the amount of time it eats into the day. Any more and it would simply take too long.

As for fitness .. I have to do a fair bit of climbing in that 22 miles and that, more than anything, was what I had to get used to. But then I don't have many reasons to stop/start .. there's hardly any junctions on my route so no loss of speed due to giving way or traffic lights.
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I'm 11km behind last year, time to overtake myself on the way home.

Can thank veloviewer for that, I'm not tracking it myself!
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Think I need to start finding new ways to and from work. 9 miles isnt cutting it anymore.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Also see you've not updated since 24th Oct Pete, sort it out!
  • iPete
    I like to give those below me hope.
  • iPete
    880 miles per month required and December = piss up.

MTFU for November.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I broke 5k for the year yesterday.

Must try harder.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    rubertoe wrote:

Must try harder.

I broke 3k km for the year yesterday and was rather pleased seen as I only got back on a bike back in Feb and had never really cycled much before that. ;)
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • rubertoe
    menthel wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

Must try harder.

I broke 3k km for the year yesterday and was rather pleased seen as I only got back on a bike back in Feb and had never really cycled much before that. ;)

Well done.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• October miles = 0.

Still, I'm hoping the broken collarbone has almost healed now and I'll be back on the bike in a week or so...
    Summer: 2012 Trek Madone 3.5
    Winter: 2013 Trek Crockett 5
  • willy b
    I'm also expecting December to be a 500 mile AT BEST month. So yeah, push on in November. :roll:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Only 172 miles in Oct for me and not looking like many more if any in Nov. I'm booked to see the spinal surgeon on the 12th, shame because this year was going so well, almost 6000 miles upto Sept/Oct.

:evil:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    itboffin wrote:
    Only 172 miles in Oct for me and not looking like many more if any in Nov. I'm booked to see the spinal surgeon on the 12th, shame because this year was going so well, almost 6000 miles upto Sept/Oct.

:evil:

Sorry to hear that. Good luck.
  • itboffin
    Thanks

I rode yesterday morning, just a short 16 miles and despite the gale force winds n rain it was great, I even picked up a puncture on the front wheel which thankfully held all the way home, would have been crap to try and repair in those conditions.

I'm going to try and get out a few times this week if i can, I dont think it will make things worse if i'm not carrying a rucksack.

fingers crossed
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Good luck with the spinal surgeon.

Stuff like this does remind us what's important ..

strava profile
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    rubertoe wrote:

Must try harder.

That is my next milestone, hopefully by the end of the week.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • 1/2 million feet climbed this year :shock:

strava profile
  • rubertoe
    Got a week off next week.

Going to have to get in miles where I can, Going out for my first club run this weekend though so that will help.

• willy b
    Rubertoe - What club you joining?

Dax - 500,000ft climbed. Well done!
  • rubertoe
    willy b wrote:
    Rubertoe - What club you joining?

Islington CC. Maybe.

• itboffin
    i hope the weather improves because i really need to get out this weekend before the scott gets hung up for the winter
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    edited November 2013
    Well that's cool! Moved up to second place yesterday (CarlosDSanchez seems to have fallen asleep!) and clicked over 10k today! :cool:

All this courtesy of me taking advantage of the nice weather yesterday to do a dawn til dusk ride from Leeds to Newcastle upon Tyne; 125 miles which isn't bad for November.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • willy b
    Rolf F wrote:
    Well that's cool! Moved up to second place yesterday (CarlosDSanchez seems to have fallen asleep!) and clicked over 10k today! :cool:

8) Nice one.
  • rolf_f
    Thank you - all I now need to know is how I make up a 1976 mile deficit by Dec 31st :lol:
  • Rolf F wrote:

All this courtesy of me taking advantage of the nice weather yesterday to do a dawn til dusk ride from Leeds to Newcastle upon Tyne; 125 miles which isn't bad for November.

Cool :D

I think I need to quit work if I'm going to hit 10K .. just a bit too far, not enough days left in the year, too many holidays (for decorating) and my legs are starting to play up :(

strava profile
  • willy b
    Rolf F wrote:
    Thank you - all I now need to know is how I make up a 1976 mile deficit by Dec 31st :lol:

I would stop, but i'll hit 12,000 today :wink:
  • rolf_f
    willy b wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

I would stop, but i'll hit 12,000 today :wink:

If you had any style, that's exactly where you would stop! :lol:

Glad you aren't though - it would be a stupidly theoretically attainable target for me to aim for and I don't want to!
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Could Santa, Stu and Sharky please just stop riding so I can make a top ten finish?
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • iPete
    It's hammer time and Deadslow is now in my sights but 10,000 miles is still looking a long way away!
  • willy b
    There we go. 12,0027 miles as of today. 8)