Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Half term so child care duties are loosing me 2 days of commuting this week. Also trying to sell the house so I didn't get a ride in this morning due to a viewing and the place being a tip. Still, if we get the place I'm looking at it's going to give me a load more route options for the commute, most of them a little longer than I do already :D

What would the new distance be? I might have to add a few extra Regents Park laps :wink:
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    8-16 June I'll be doing 984 miles (maybe 1000 if I feel nuts enough). I'm gonna come back like a rake!
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • daxplusplus
    daxplusplus Posts: 631
    Hallelujah!

Got the last bolt off my compact chainring .. I'll be able to replace the chainrings, get the new cassette on and get back to commuting tomorrow.
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Half term so child care duties are loosing me 2 days of commuting this week.

I get the opposite, the little uns are off to Grandma's for a few days means a few late rides are in order and not having to get them ready in the mornings means early starts.

I just blasted through 700 miles at 43mph down a stretch I have never topped 40 on and a PR on the not quite minimal commute home. Three days of May left and 800 this month is well on track.

{Update} That's them off, time to put some distance between in the top 20 and not in the top 20!
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • willy b wrote:
    Half term so child care duties are loosing me 2 days of commuting this week. Also trying to sell the house so I didn't get a ride in this morning due to a viewing and the place being a tip. Still, if we get the place I'm looking at it's going to give me a load more route options for the commute, most of them a little longer than I do already :D

What would the new distance be? I might have to add a few extra Regents Park laps :wink:

New distance would be anything between 20 and 30, the main thing would be the number of different routes I could take. That said my overall mileage will drop for the rest of the year due to the amount of work needed to get the place liveable. Next year though....
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • tetm
    tetm Posts: 564
    iPete wrote:
    Need to find 600 miles for a podium position :?

Maybe I should have entered LEL after all!

Some more places have just been released for LEL... very limited availability, anyone keen?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    willy b wrote:

aren't you banned? Or are you having an affair with one of the zoo staff
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • willy b
    itboffin wrote:
    aren't you banned? Or are you having an affair with one of the zoo staff

What? I've only ridden the inner circle 751 times this year.

Biggest monthly mileage so far for me. 1,449 miles.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I have seriously tumbled down the leaderboard. Lack of riding and a chest infection are not helping. First day on the bike today for a week.

Its hurting.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Initialised
    rubertoe wrote:
    I have seriously tumbled down the leaderboard. Lack of riding and a chest infection are not helping. First day on the bike today for a week.

Its hurting.
    It's not that long since I had a couple of weeks with little riding and slipped back. You'll pull through and we'll be jostling for positions again soon. Unless my cunning plan for eeking out a few extra miles works as well as it did today and the weather holds.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    972fa22d-a630-41f2-a2df-760cba4c4993_zps57a7b407.jpg

Jeez doing my best here, crashed my bike, broke myself for a week (ok still broken a little), lost a lot of ride time

still 4th!
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe wrote:

Its hurting.
    It's not that long since I had a couple of weeks with little riding and slipped back. You'll pull through and we'll be jostling for positions again soon. Unless my cunning plan for eeking out a few extra miles works as well as it did today and the weather holds.

300 odd miles and i am there, as you say, the weather is improving so I am planning on extending the home commute...
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    iPete wrote:
    still 4th!

.... I think you'll find you dropped to fifth last night even though you have now recovered that place - for now! :lol:

Still, glad you are back up and running.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • daxplusplus
    I'm tapering :) for the Dragon Ride on Sunday but also the BB is knackered and awaiting replacement this Thursday.

So sod all miles this week with all this lovely weather going on :roll:

strava profile
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    started lunchtime rides now, as I felt that lunchtime was otherwise wasted.
  • ive started to do long commutes to get me back on form and to save a bit of dosh, will have to see if my legs can take 92 miles a day :shock:
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • Going for a top 3 finish then??? :shock:
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • willy b
    5 days a week? Kudos if you can do that!
  • daxplusplus
    oh bugger!

strava profile
  • Going for a top 3 finish then??? :shock:

nah i dont think i could get up the top that quick :wink: , if i can managed two weeks on the trott of doing it, then i think its feesible to carryon, just not sure how long chain and cassettes would last with that kind of mileage.

• willy b
    Going for a top 3 finish then??? :shock:

nah i dont think i could get up the top that quick :wink: , if i can managed two weeks on the trott of doing it, then i think its feesible to carryon, just not sure how long chain and cassettes would last with that kind of mileage.

Not that long. Single Speed is your answer. 8)
  • rubertoe
    I'm resigning myself to mid table.... I have missed to many days.

I cant wait to get the steel Peugeot on the road and flog the Focus, its killing my mileage.

• nah i dont think i could get up the top that quick :wink: , if i can managed two weeks on the trott of doing it, then i think its feesible to carryon, just not sure how long chain and cassettes would last with that kind of mileage.

3 chains, rotate through all 3, at that rate of mileage you'll need to swap chains about once a week. I got 9k miles out of my cassette and 3 chains doing that. Now 5k into second cassette and second set of 3 chains, still using original chainrings. Chain rings will need replacing at 18k though.

Do the same on the wet weather/winter bike, but only get about 7k miles out of the 3 chains and cassette.
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • well I will keep my mouth shut from now on, left work late last night, meaning with the traffic, weather and not getting the wrath of OH, had to cut short the journey, and it was too windy for a full commute into that headwind, so theres always next week.

• gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    ive started to do long commutes to get me back on form and to save a bit of dosh, will have to see if my legs can take 92 miles a day :shock:

there's a guy on endemondo who appears to do that (http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/user/2281275) and then some
  • willy b
    There is something wrong with him though. :shock:

Nice to hit over 10,000k a few days ago 8)
  • Initialised
    gbsahne wrote:
    started lunchtime rides now, as I felt that lunchtime was otherwise wasted.
    Works a treat, almost double my daily basic mileage with an hour on the bike at lunch.
  • daxplusplus
    Only two commutes this week as http://app.strava.com/challenges/rapha-rising-2013 starts tomorrow (climb 7,235 meters in 8 days) and I wanted to have a rest of some sort before what could be a very interesting week of commuting.

Especially as I probably can't ride tomorrow (we'll see - still negotiating that point) and also definitely can't do Thursday because of work commitments.

strava profile
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Have moved up the rankings a bit, mostly thanks to this http://app.strava.com/activities/66842616 :)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • willy b
    Good ride that!

A dip in miles this month thanks to a 2 week holiday (although i did have the bike with me)