Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• Well done .. that's a completely bonkers mileage!
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • Could Santa, Stu and Sharky please just stop riding so I can make a top ten finish?

Well I have given you a weeks worth this week due to being on a course. :wink: Roll on next week when i can hopefully get some milage in
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Well done .. that's a completely bonkers mileage!

Especially as there is one too many zeros :roll:
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Could Santa, Stu and Sharky please just stop riding so I can make a top ten finish?

You're only 500 miles behind me, for today at least....
    Look at it this way- if you caught up because we all were busy doing other things or injured, it would be unsatisfying, a hollow victory....
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    StuAff wrote:
    Could Santa, Stu and Sharky please just stop riding so I can make a top ten finish?
    I'm a big girly blouse who's scared of the dark and you're going to catch me easily but please don't or I'll cry and my mascara will run boo hoooooo!.... :cry:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Rolf F wrote:
    StuAff wrote:
    I'm a big girly blouse who's scared of the dark and you're going to catch me easily but please don't or I'll cry and my mascara will run boo hoooooo!.... :cry:

Thanks for the encouragement, just what I need to keep my cranks spinning!
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    hmmm to do the Sunday run or not?

SillyCommuterRacers-Strava_zps927875f5.png
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712

I might be in with a chance if the top 15 stopped riding in May.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Top 20 would be nice for me, hopefully possible with the 100+ miles a week I clocking up.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • iPete
    LOL 1170.5 miles to the next person ahead :|
  • rolf_f
    iPete wrote:
    LOL 1170.5 miles to the next person ahead :|

Pfft - almost 2000 for me! :lol:
  • willy b
    Well I've only ridden 30 miles so far this week Rolf, so you never know.
  • rolf_f
    willy b wrote:
    Well I've only ridden 30 miles so far this week Rolf, so you never know.

No, I think I know! I probably need you to ride backwards to stand a chance of overhauling you and I'm not sure if it works like that!
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Just realised that i am getting no where near last years mileage.

Just too many days of the bike.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • The wheels have fallen off for me. Find it hard to get on the bike at the moment.

But nearly got my goal for the year 5000 miles
    GT Avalanche for xc fun
    Btwin Triban 3
  • Well down here also. I guess the five weeks off with a broken elbow didn't help...
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm in no mans land now. Passed my annual target last night and know hitting the next big target of 6k before the end of the year will be pushing it though possible.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    I'm climbing up the leaderboard just by posting each week. I guess it is as the summer cyclists stop posting get removed.

If this continues I should be safe for a top 30 slot.
  • Too much work + a fair amount of hols in the next 5-6 weeks. That and no real chance of catching anyone up or hitting a big mileage target means I'm taking it easy.

No bad thing - I've been pushing my luck in the last 6 months/borderline over training anyway - so I'm happy to have gotten away with it. If I was going to over do it any point then the summer of 2013 was the time to do it - the weather was great :-)

Not sure what I'll do in 2014 - probably will not continue with the 5 days per week commuting + short Sunday ride outs. Will mix it up in some other way .. not sure what yet. :?
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • next gap is (for me) a month's riding give or take, plus I tend to work more days, with seeing more family so time for long bike rides does tend to be short on the ground.

as to next year well I use strava for cycling diary/calender so not sure I'll bother next year, I have enjoyed all the other years though!
  • rolf_f
    as to next year well I use strava for cycling diary/calender

= rather inferior to SCStats. Lots of shiny nonsense where you don't need it but clunky where it shouldn't be. I use both but SCStats is the one that matters. I'll happily drop Strava like a stone when something better arrives (which it will).
  • iPete
    Next year? if I crack 10k miles on Strava this year, I will be very happy if I only do half as much next year.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    5k last year, 7k this year (only 400 miles to go), 10k next year maybe?

Assuming a 223 day working year that's 45 miles per working day.

So I need to double my outbound and return journeys and do the full 15 miles every lunch hour.

Assuming an average of 15mph that's 666.66r hours in the saddle or three hours per work day.

If I can push up my average speed to 18mph that comes down to two and a half hours.

To get it down to two hours a day (a more realistic time frame that wont see me heading to the divorce courts) I need to increase my average speed to about 22.5mph.

That's one hard sum to balance!
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    get up half an hour earlier
  • willy b
    gbsahne wrote:

This.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    willy b wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:

This.

Its easier said than done though isnt it?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • iPete
    Ride the long way home? November is looking to be the biggest month of this year, 1030miles and counting :twisted:
  • willy b
    rubertoe wrote:
    willy b wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:

This.

Its easier said than done though isnt it?

Depends what your commitments are work and family wise I guess.

Pete - Funnily enough November is my lowest mileage month all year. Last day on the bike today too until Tuesday.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Rolf F wrote:
    = rather inferior to SCStats. Lots of shiny nonsense where you don't need it but clunky where it shouldn't be. I use both but SCStats is the one that matters.
    Quite right. I agree with him. :wink:

SCStats. You know it makes sense.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    CiB wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    = rather inferior to SCStats. Lots of shiny nonsense where you don't need it but clunky where it shouldn't be. I use both but SCStats is the one that matters.
    Quite right. I agree with him. :wink:

SCStats. You know it makes sense.

I'll be back in the New Year