Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Rolf F wrote:
    Yes, but you are a freak whereas my mileage is entirely sensible and normal.

basic miles this week, owing to a 20mph slide on a roundabout last night; combination of wet, diesel, pothole. Bruised a bit cut up and torn clothing but no apparent damage to the bike.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Slowly climbing back up the stats after virtually a month of no cycling!

Week of work next week, so i will be putting in some srious miles to claw my way back.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    818 so far this month. Should be the first month at over 1000 miles. 8)
  • finally back in the top 10, wonder if i can keep in there :|
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,605
    Awful month. Started with norovirus, then got a cold, then got actual flu. March is a write off!
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin wrote:
    Awful month. Started with norovirus, then got a cold, then got actual flu. March is a write off!

Rule 5!! Rule 5 !! :wink: :P

• pangolin
    Rule 43...
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Touche

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    See my sig? i've gone to the trouble of filter out the most important ones for you.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    @Stuaff 3.2 miles? 3.2 miles that's not even a ride! How dare you dump me back out of the top 20 with a 3.2 mile ride :angryface:
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Errr I broke it and now I can't add any miles or see myself in the list. Help please!

Edit: Scratch that, sorted. Tip for all you "I'll just update my total miles figure" people - it doesn't list you if you don't have at least one "proper" ride.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • rubertoe
    I'm back in the game after putting in some decent milage for the first time last week!

:D
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Finished the month with a total of 2000.3 miles for the year and exactly the number of the beast for the month. Happy with that. Mind you, the relentless consistency of my mileage (a difference of 12 miles across the three months) reflects on the tediousness of the endlessly crap weather.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • willy b
    Finally topped over 1000 miles last month which given the weather I was happy with.
  • First time I've broken 500 in a month, happy with that! Aiming for 600 for April, with a dose of MTFU and #30daysofbiking a world away from some of you though. Chapeau to the 4 figure brigade!
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • itboffin
    360 miles last week very happy with that esp given the amount of climbing 28,050ft 8)
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • willy b
    itboffin wrote:
    360 miles last week very happy with that esp given the amount of climbing 28,050ft 8)

Bravo. Although if you're on foreign soil it doesn't count :wink:
  • stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    Errr I broke it and now I can't add any miles or see myself in the list. Help please!

Edit: Scratch that, sorted. Tip for all you "I'll just update my total miles figure" people - it doesn't list you if you don't have at least one "proper" ride.

I just enter one ride per month with miles for month, looks like one great ride but at least it looks correct on leader board
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • rubertoe
    stu-bim wrote:

I just enter one ride per month with miles for month, looks like one great ride but at least it looks correct on leader board

:roll: :roll:

• pangolin
    :evil:
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • stu-bim
    rubertoe wrote:
    stu-bim wrote:

:roll: :roll:

What?
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • rubertoe
    Never Mind Stu.

• stu-bim
    I meant it would be correct for every month and take no more time than just updating the total once per month
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    One poxy ride in the last three weeks (a short trip from Siem Reap to Angkor Wat) has seen me in freefall. And now the bike's in the LBS for a new chain, cassette and cables. Lucky for me the scaley one has been crying off with a sniffle or something.
  • Initialised
    Just when I'm getting back into the swing of things and climbing up the table my bike breaks, seized rear hub, was riding effectively on the skewer, chewed up and ruined drop outs. Frame's a write off. So I think it's finally time for n = N + 1
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • itboffin
    willy b wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Bravo. Although if you're on foreign soil it doesn't count :wink:

Hey I make the ruleZ around here bud :twisted:
  • daxplusplus
    daxplusplus Posts: 631
    Frame's a write off.

Ouch! :shock: That could easily go on the rant thread.
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • Initialised
    Frame's a write off.

Ouch! :shock: That could easily go on the rant thread.
    To despondent to rant. Hadn't quite saved enough for what I really wanted to get so settled.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    got lost last night and ended up adding 15 miles to my journey.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    gbsahne wrote:
    got lost last night and ended up adding 15 miles to my journey.

With your mileage I'm surprised you noticed an extra 15!
    Faster than a tent.......