Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    In other news;

17th to 9th in 9 days? Do keep up at the back ;-)
  • Anyone interested in a Silly Commuter Stats Strava club? Looks like it's pretty easy to set one up.
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,605
    2 days off with norovirus. Nearly out of the 20's :(
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Anyone interested in a Silly Commuter Stats Strava club? Looks like it's pretty easy to set one up.

There is a SCR group already: http://app.strava.com/clubs/silly-commuter-racers
  • I'm already in that one, don't know anyones real names though so I don't know who I should be following or watching out for :D
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • vermin
    My real name is vermin, if that helps.
  • You are as well :D
    I've sent you a follow request
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    I'm already in that one, don't know anyones real names though so I don't know who I should be following or watching out for :D

Given you're current position i'd say nobody :lol:
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Rolf F wrote:
    Question for IP: How exactly does 155.0 miles in January, and 97.5 miles so far in February make a total of 750 miles so far?

Not that I'm looking at the people above me at all, oh no.

By Jove - what a cad and a bounder!

9ba2_1_b.jpg

Busted!

Nope, it's called updating total miles. Could not be arsed to input every ride so just corrected the total.

I can refer the honourable gentleman to my Strava feed if he is in any doubt...
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    So ronery in 6th, 100 miles is the nearest chaser and 150 miles to catch 5th.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    iPete wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about it - I'm well down this month but normal service will be resumed......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Anyone who's not knocking out 1000 miles a month has FAILED and let everyone down, if that's you then shame on you and your family.

I'm excused, I have note :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Managed 40 miles today, will claw my way back into the to 20 if I can keep it up.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • vermin
    Rolf F wrote:
    iPete wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about it - I'm well down this month but normal service will be resumed......

Coming for you Rolf...
  • Looking at sub 30 for the week, which is bad even for me.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    vermin wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    iPete wrote:

Coming for you Rolf...

Its what they all say then he fooks off and starts knocking out stupid mileage, he's not to be trusted ...northern dont you know :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rolf_f
    itboffin wrote:
    vermin wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    iPete wrote:

Coming for you Rolf...

Its what they all say then he fooks off and starts knocking out stupid mileage, he's not to be trusted ...northern dont you know :roll:

Pfft! I'm the least of his worries! Anyway, I'm off to try and bother iPete in his roneryness. :P
  • iPete
    Rolf F wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    vermin wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    iPete wrote:

Coming for you Rolf...

Pfft! I'm the least of his worries! Anyway, I'm off to try and bother iPete in his roneryness. :P

You'll be please to hear I have loads of leave coming up and have no intention of continuing to riding every day! might have to get used to the idea of 7th, oh the shame.. :lol:
  • vermin
    Very tight from 8th to 13th. Meanwhile, as predicted, Rolf decided to go for a bike ride on Saturday. :roll: :P
  • rolf_f
    What can I say - Morecambe was calling......

Not sure if iPete is trying a devious double bluff as he knocked out a 65m commute!
  • watch out you lot, i'm back after a week off and looking for a place in the top ten
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • Eat my dust :wink:
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • Started the year reasonably well but I won’t be adding any miles this week. Expect I’ll be nearly dropping out the top ten by the time I resume commuting next week. Still the break allows time for much needed replacement of cassette/chain/chainwheels + rear mech - all were well knackered due to trying to keep in the top 5 :D
  • iPete
    Rolf F wrote:

Not sure if iPete is trying a devious double bluff as he knocked out a 65m commute!

Ignore the ride types, got out of bed and went on a club run... but I've fixed it for clarity :wink:
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Is anyone else getting a DNS entry not found error in place of Stats this morning? It was all ok earlier this morning but seems to have a disappeared. Nothing I can do about it from here but I'll chase it up later.

ETA Wipe that. It's back again. Must be our wonderful LAN here in Sticksville.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,605
    Looks like I will just scrape 500 for Feb. Happy with that.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • rolf_f
    iPete wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

Ignore the ride types, got out of bed and went on a club run... but I've fixed it for clarity :wink:

That's fine but don't let it happen again (that's going on a club run, not misdescribing it!)
  • Well the rise to the top 10 has started, what more can i say!
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • Managed to break my bike this morning on the commute in. Chain broke at the traffic lights and some how this caused the front derailleur to fold into the chain ring and crank :( The winter bike has a knackered bottom bracket as well to really make my week.
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • I'm abit late to the game....... just logged in my commuter miles for 2013: 1733

St Albans to central London 4 days a week: Ouch!