Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• Working from home for two days so I'll be dropping like a fly out of the 20s :-( Oh well - I guess when I do get to cycle in I'll just have to make the commute that much longer :-)
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Working from home for two days so I'll be dropping like a fly out of the 20s :-( Oh well - I guess when I do get to cycle in I'll just have to make the commute that much longer :-)

That's not the right attitude to have! Go out and do a nice early morning ride, then back to home for a full days work, just life if you were in the office :wink:
  • I hear what your saying but the reason I'm working from home is to look after the sprogs (it being 1/2 term) .. so its a no go unless I get up really, really early. And that's definitely not happening when my legs are still tired from last week and not 100% back to normal.

But yeah - all of the above is an excuse and it's just one big cop out on my part :-)

strava profile
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,717
    I'm suffering from a huge lack of motivation. I'm only riding to work twice a week because of the pain in my knee, with an occasional Saturday ride to the pub. The mileage is so poor I haven't bothered updating this week. That reminds me I must try and phone for the results of my MRI.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    CiB wrote:
    cambs wrote:
    @CiB I can't see my miles any more for this year. I know it's pitiful but it's all i've got!
    I'll have a look tonight. Have a game of Scrabble in the meantime.
    ...and you're back in the room. Minor bug; resolved.
  • cambs
    cambs Posts: 235
    You're a gentleman. Thanks
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Just joined in the fun. A new entry at number 17. Thanks CiB.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,605
    Ban him!!

Pangolin, previously 18th.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • vermin
    pangolin wrote:
    Ban him!!

:twisted:
  • pangolin
    How far is your commute? I only ask because a friend of mine...
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I Daren't look as I will be tumbling...

... I have lost out on 50 commuting miles since yesterday and wont get the bike back til tomorrow evening, loosing another 20 miles.

Gutted.

Off work on friday so may have to go for a long ride to get some miles back.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • vermin
    pangolin wrote:
    How far is your commute?

about 35 miles round trip
    pangolin wrote:
    I only ask because a friend of mine...

:?:
  • pangolin
    vermin wrote:
    pangolin wrote:
    I only ask because a friend of mine...
    :?:

I mean, not so I can do more miles than you (whilst this is obviously my actual motive). I had to think about where the quote was from, and it's from Futurama, an episode called "Brannigan, Begin Again"
    Zapp Brannigan: Let me ask you a serious question, Leela. Does the company that made your bra make a girdle as well? I ask because a friend of mine--
    Leela: Just get to work!
    I'll go now.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    pangolin wrote:
    How far is your commute? I only ask because a friend of mine...

15.7 Miles to work.
    16.8 On way home

Longer in summer
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    52nd!
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    601 miles for me so far this year although I'm excluded because of my shameful turbo useage

which will continue all year, perhaps
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    vermin wrote:
    pangolin wrote:
    Ban him!!

:twisted:
    Agreed the Vermin must be eradicated, must get back into the extended commute routine not struggling to cling onto 20th.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Was going to do extended commute but scared off by weather forecast of snow for this morning and negative temps (there was actually neither but roads dry - yeah!)

So it was normal length commute .. and so begins the long, slow slog back up to the teens.

strava profile
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    itboffin wrote:
    601 miles for me so far this year although I'm excluded because of my shameful turbo useage

So not 601 miles then... :? :lol:

Weather and post crash anxiety have kept me off the extended commute for a couple of days. Hopefully normal service will be resumed before much damage is done.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rubertoe
    As I plummeted from 11th to 20th over the last 5 days, having only done 20 odd miles last week due to having only one bike that was in the Dr's and having sold the other one (N+1 is in the pipeline). I have a lot of catching up to do to reclaim my place.

With it getting lighter, over the next few weeks i'll be extending my commute by 10 or so miles a day.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• pangolin
    It is nice that finally it's still light as I leave work. Not for long, but it's a start.

Didn't fancy just doing laps of the park to extend my commute, so last night I decided to cross the river at every opportunity on my way home. Found some quite nice sections, and some really really crap ones. Added about 16 miles so that was nice.

http://app.strava.com/activities/41417563
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Struck down with the lurgy this Sunday explains why I almost blew chunks on my Sunday morning recovery ride, I think Feb is a write off, good job I've taken the last week of march off and booked a week at the Stephen Roche training camp in mallorca.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    I've got to say I think February is a low mile month for everybody! Given it's the 19th, that makes only 9 days left of riding.
  • Not for me .. Jan was my worst month in ages. Feb is turning into one of my better ones :-)

strava profile
  • vermin
    I'll match my January total tomorrow.
  • Been off for 2 weeks (maternity leave). Very tied. Time to get some miles on again if I get some sleep.
    GT Avalanche for xc fun
    Btwin Triban 3
  • rubertoe
    willy b wrote:
    Ok Ok. Just me then :lol:

Its been rubbish for me as well Will, must be a North London thing!

But I have got a pass for Saturday and Sunday mornings. need to reclaim those lost miles! I should be 120 miles further along my now.

• Question for IP: How exactly does 155.0 miles in January, and 97.5 miles so far in February make a total of 750 miles so far?

Not that I'm looking at the people above me at all, oh no.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Question for IP: How exactly does 155.0 miles in January, and 97.5 miles so far in February make a total of 750 miles so far?

Not that I'm looking at the people above me at all, oh no.

By Jove - what a cad and a bounder!

9ba2_1_b.jpg
    Faster than a tent.......