Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Yay 4th! Another 5 miles and I'm third.best persuade the kids to go for a ride to the park.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Ha Ha, dumped out of the Top-10 already! That didn't take long!
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • rubertoe wrote:
    willy b wrote:
    if all goes to plan I will be communing around 80-90 miles a day !!!

:shock: Looks like you'll beat me this year then :lol:

Are you mental?

Quite possibly :mrgreen: but it will save the pennies instead of using the train, might be spending more though on new chains and cassettes around every month though :oops:
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    I would be very surprised if you can keep that up for more than a few weeks.

There is a reason pro cyclists can do those kind of miles, because they have the support around them to do so, nutrition, sleep, massages, and most importantly, they don't have 9-5 jobs that get in the way!!
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Anyone having problems accessing the "Stats" site?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Yes, I keep on getting error messages about SQL servers and the like.
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • We're back online!
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • Subaqua
    Subaqua Posts: 73
    I sneaked into a career high of 50th place last night.

Looks like the rest of the year will be characterised by a relentless slide down the rankings
    Black Pearson Imnotanumber- FCN 4
    Blue Marin Team Issue MTB - FCN around 30
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,605
    Who is stifflersmom? Entered 422 miles yesterday as 'commute' and took top spot :|

I have a rare top 20 place to defend!
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin wrote:
    Who is stifflersmom? Entered 422 miles yesterday as 'commute' and took top spot :|

I have a rare top 20 place to defend!

Seems to be a monthly updater, may include all miles since their last update - I wouldn't be surprised, as there was no update in their miles in December.
  • pangolin
    I demand a stewards enquiry!!!
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Okgo - At least update once a week ;) You're giving me false hope!
  • Daily posts make it more fun, especially if you're surrounded by people who do similar milage.
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • okgo
    Some of us have work to do, or dare I say, cycling.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • padders
    padders Posts: 77
    I'm in for 2013, I need all the incentives I can get to keep to my rather over ambitious new year resolutions :)
    Marmalade
  • willy b
    okgo wrote:
    Some of us have work to do, or dare I say, cycling.

Pfftt poor excuse man!! I just update when I upload to Strava, take a few seconds ;)
  • okgo
    I don't update strava everyday, the commutes are annoying, so I do it at the weekend usually when it backdates them so doesn't clog everyones feed up. I don't want to see that x person did 7 miles from wandsworth to soho, and I'm sure people don't want to see mine either :D
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    okgo wrote:
    I don't update strava everyday, the commutes are annoying, so I do it at the weekend usually when it backdates them so doesn't clog everyones feed up. I don't want to see that x person did 7 miles from wandsworth to soho, and I'm sure people don't want to see mine either :D

You've got that wrong! The whole point is the irrelevant weekly minutiae. For example, if those gits known as Mr Ridley and be_green_recycle hadn't updated today I would have still been in 6th place and not cursing my laziness in not doing a longer commute this morning. :lol:

But weekly isn't so bad. It's the monthly crowd that need to be kicked off - that's just antisocial!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • pangolin
    Especially if they do it monthly, but the following month/YEAR!
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Seeing a 51 next to my name isn't good but should improve when I update on Sunday evening.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,717
    63rd out of 65 at the moment. I'm going to start very slowly and build on it a bit. I'm only riding 2 days a week at the moment as I try to get my knee working again. After 3 months off it feels like hard work.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Daily? That's just lazy! I update after each ride.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • pangolin
    And Pangolin smashes back into the top 15 with a 140 mile January Audax. Hello, and all too soon goodbye, top end of the table.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Chris, can you please delete me from the stats board; 3 years of chasing the stats is enough!
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    gbsahne wrote:
    Chris, can you please delete me from the stats board; 3 years of chasing the stats is enough!

You know you dont mean it... :wink:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Wahoo up to 61st place!
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • rolf_f
    Well, all of us in the top 14 are down a place today thanks to Okgo whose dedication to cycling silly miles is directly proportionate to his online laziness!

310 miles is not a commute OK! :evil: :lol:
  • rolf_f
    rubertoe wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:

You know you dont mean it... :wink:

Yes - please don't do it. It's bad enough being the person on the board with the biggest gap to the next rider (gpsahne) - 182 miles - without adding another 20 to make it 200 :lol:

Besides - you could cut all your extended commutes and you'd still be ahead of me so unless you start going to work by bus, there's no point quitting!
  • willy b
    Rolf F wrote:
    Well, all of us in the top 14 are down a place today thanks to Okgo whose dedication to cycling silly miles is directly proportionate to his online laziness!

310 miles is not a commute OK! :evil: :lol:

Unfortunatly I'm following Rob on Strava so knew my second wasn't really second :lol:
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    gbsahne wrote:
    Can do - I'll hide your stats rather than delete them, unless you really do mean it. I know what you mean; I haven't troubled them yet this year and don't miss it one jot so far. It's quite liberating.