Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    CiB wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:
    Chris, can you please delete me from the stats board; 3 years of chasing the stats is enough!
    Can do - I'll hide your stats rather than delete them, unless you really do mean it. I know what you mean; I haven't troubled them yet this year and don't miss it one jot so far. It's quite liberating.

Thanks, hiding them's fine.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Are you really 'chasing' , surely nobody actually cares, they just put their miles in and are happy to end up high up? I wouldn't go and do 50 miles that I didn't want to to top the list for the year...
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    okgo wrote:
    Are you really 'chasing' , surely nobody actually cares, they just put their miles in and are happy to end up high up? I wouldn't go and do 50 miles that I didn't want to to top the list for the year...

There's no point in publically recording your miles if you don't care about what other people are doing. If the miles someone else is doing doesn't affect your miles, then why not just add them to a private spreadsheet? I'd have thought most people on SCS have an eye on the person behind and infront. That's why monthly updates are annoying :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Rolf F wrote:
    okgo wrote:

There's no point in publically recording your miles if you don't care about what other people are doing. If the miles someone else is doing doesn't affect your miles, then why not just add them to a private spreadsheet? I'd have thought most people on SCS have an eye on the person behind and infront. That's why monthly updates are annoying :wink:

+1

I bloody would go out and cycle an extra 50 miles to make it to the top :D
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I for one would never take part in such a belittling public show
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    gbsahne wrote:
    Chris, can you please delete me from the stats board; 3 years of chasing the stats is enough!
    Status = inactive...

Shout if you want to come back.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    CiB wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:
    Status = inactive...

Shout if you want to come back.

Dont let him, He will only want to come back and upload 6 months of miles and regain a high position. :D
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • gbsahne001
    okgo wrote:

that would be absurd, of course I wouldn't do this.... :oops:
  • Double hernia op followed a week later by a shoulder rebuild had put pay to my first half of the year.

gbsahne - your mileage has been fairly amazing and fairly unreachable by others - shame your name has been wiped off the last few years boards and you've handed historic top spots to others. Whoever takes top spot will be thinking would they be there if you'd still be logging miles.
    Rose Pro DX Cross 3000
    GT Edge Ti
    Ribble Audax
  • Rolf F wrote:
    For example, if those gits known as Mr Ridley and be_green_recycle hadn't updated today I would have still been in 6th place and not cursing my laziness in not doing a longer commute this morning. :lol:

Chasing your rear wheel again Rolf...
    be_green_recycle
  • gbsahne001
    5milestogo wrote:
    gbsahne - your mileage has been fairly amazing and fairly unreachable by others - shame your name has been wiped off the last few years boards and you've handed historic top spots to others. Whoever takes top spot will be thinking would they be there if you'd still be logging miles.

Thanks, but I'm happy knowing that I achieved what I did and not so bothered that it's now hidden. Did the new ride to work this morning and it was fun, especially as I only encountered 2 traffic lights, whereas I would normally encounter 70 give or take with a mile or so of filtering.

Direct route is 6 miles but I managed to stretch that this morning to a hilly 18 miles :) and no filtering
  • rolf_f
    5milestogo wrote:
    Whoever takes top spot will be thinking would they be there if you'd still be logging miles.

They won't if they have any sense. There's loads of people, even on BR, who log silly miles but don't do SCS. I think we all know that being at or near the top of SCS doesn't mean that we'd stay that way if more people signed up :lol:
    Chasing your rear wheel again Rolf...
    be_green_recycle

I see you there....... just note that I'm taking it really easy at the moment due to the weather. You might as well just stop now as it's a hopeless task :wink::lol:
  • gbsahne wrote:
    5milestogo wrote:

Thanks, but I'm happy knowing that I achieved what I did and not so bothered that it's now hidden. Did the new ride to work this morning and it was fun, especially as I only encountered 2 traffic lights, whereas I would normally encounter 70 give or take with a mile or so of filtering.

Direct route is 6 miles but I managed to stretch that this morning to a hilly 18 miles :) and no filtering

Actually, I think it's a little unfair. Chris, is there any way we can keep the historical data as-is, only hiding him from this years?
  • rolf_f
    Actually, I think it's a little unfair. Chris, is there any way we can keep the historical data as-is, only hiding him from this years?

That's a good point - the historic stuff really should stand - I was fifth in 2010 but now it says I was fourth; the data is lying to me and I can't handle that :lol:
  • CiB
    It can - it was a quick fix to deactivate rather than delete a/c details and amending it to hide just this year's data ought to be trivial. I'll have a look later.
  • CiB
    Done. I can switch off [and on again] users' miles for individual years to stop them appearing in the table. GBS you're now inactive for this year but still show in the years before this, and potentially afterwards too. If you get the urge you can start again next year by adding miles from the beginning of next year by finding your name from any active previous year, to access the Add New Stats page.

If you want this year's to be reactivated just say the word, and be prepared for the flak when you oust the Top 10 by rejoining.
  • No Commute for 2 weeks :( has got a little girl to play with :mrgreen:. Might have too sneak out to have a break. :twisted:
    GT Avalanche for xc fun
    Btwin Triban 3
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    7th to 13th just 65 miles in it! Some close battles there.
  • rubertoe
    willy b wrote:
    7th to 13th just 65 miles in it! Some close battles there.

Damn you,

I wasnt planning on going out this weekend. Now I dont see that I have any other choice. :wink:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• rubertoe
    Right, I can see the only way that I am going to make a sustained assult on the top 10 is to join a club. With the days getting longer now, it seems like the best time to finally bite the bullet.

The only downside I can see to this plan is that I wont get to spend much time with the EPO at the weekend, oh wait, is that a bad thing....

• gbsahne001
    CiB wrote:
    If you want this year's to be reactivated just say the word, and be prepared for the flak when you oust the Top 10 by rejoining.

hmm....
  • kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    Quick sneak into the top 10. :) For a few hours anyway.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Joining a club certainly forces/helps you to get out. If you're at Barnet London Phoenix is close :wink:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The end of week 6 and 972 kilometers have shown themselves on the mileometer.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • cambs
    cambs Posts: 235
    @CiB I can't see my miles any more for this year. I know it's pitiful but it's all i've got!
  • rubertoe
    No Stats for me for the next two days, bike is out of order and the n+1 has been sold!

I'll look on and watch my position slowly slide!

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,717
    redvee wrote:
    The end of week 6 and 972 kilometers have shown themselves on the mileometer.
    Shouldn't that be a kilometermeter?
  • CiB
    cambs wrote:
    @CiB I can't see my miles any more for this year. I know it's pitiful but it's all i've got!
    I'll have a look tonight. Have a game of Scrabble in the meantime.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,605
    From 17 down to about 30 odd there are no big gaps. Tough staying top 20!
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono