Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I think we need to give a serious nod to gbsahne for strolling to what looks like a comfortable top place ranking on the Stats board. 13000+ in 12 months is a decent amount of miles to get in, so well done for that - here's the trophy:
    EN06_Cheap_Trophy_M.jpg

And a similar INR to the rest of the top 5 who've all beaten 10000 for the year.

An additional nod is due too, to those who keep plugging away without being in a position to stick vast quantities of miles and despite not troubling the single digit positions after January 3rd keep at it regardless. Chapeau to you all.

Here's to next year.
  • pleased with my 4k as my first full year on the bike, decmber has been a bit of a let down due to weather and general lazyness. I have however spent christmas underneath Hambones......does that make me the secretary?
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I'm now 6th with 10,000+ ;)

Expect okgo to update soon....
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    passed 13,000 km (8,125 miles) yesterday versus my target of 12,000 km (7,500 miles).

A shite year of weather but a great year for me riding and that's the most I have ridden in one year. It also beats quite a few of my mates lifetime mileage on a bicycle too (including any future riding they may do) :lol:

Ramped up my riding over the past few years going from 8,000 km in 2010 to 10,000 in 2011 to 12,000 this year. Not bad for a middle-aged man when the riding gets harder and harder each year I get older... :cry:
    FCN = 4
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    +1 to what CiB said. That's an awful lot of riding to get over 10,000 miles.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    And another +1. Chapeau, gents. I eased up a lot compared to last year, but still 8k, so not too shabby.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Well done all on another great year, wonder what 2013 will bring .....
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    You going to join again ITB?

Go on, go on, go on...
  • itboffin
    Who said I ever left ..... :twisted:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Thanks for the thumbs up, it would have been a different story if Running Man and Airwave were still on the board.

I'm either going to stay of the board next year, or at least aim for only a top 30 place, as it's taken it's toll this year.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Well done to the 10,000 mile + people, and especially Gbsahne, great mileage!

Just clicked over 9,000 miles this morning, so will finish the year of 9,016 miles, which is more than double last years effort. The magic 10,000 is next year's target!
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Just uploaded final rides, sorry Pete, was close to the next guy but a week off the bike this month killed it. Still managed to get 900 miles in for this month almost though to do the 500 Rapha thing
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • CiB
    As long as UndercoverElephant is still sleeping off a hangover or is just too idle to go out and knock up a few miles more today I should pass him on my way out of Stratton Audley this evening to end up in 31st place. Nothing glamorous by the standards on here but it'll do and it'll also put me past 5200 miles, which is a neat 100 per week average. That's me done. :)

Parish Notices.

Be aware, anyone planning to leave it a few days, that Stats locks itself from Jan 3rd for this year's miles so get them in before then if you have any 2012 miles that need adding.

A reminder too for those that joined this year or have forgotten from last year that the clunky unfathomable interface requires you to enter your first miles of the new year by finding yourself in this year's [2012] list to get to the Add New page. First to get miles in for 2013 wins this prize, ideally suited to those who wish to secure their fourth letter of the alphabet when it's left unattended. Yes - it's this D lock. (c) ISAHAC
  • Was hoping to get in a final ride of the year today, but a howling gale and the prospect of pishing rain put me off. So I finish my first full year of commuting well above my target of 4,000 miles on 4,557.1. Quite pleased with that. Next year's target will be 4,557.2.

Thanks to all for keeping me motivated! Have a happy new year.
    Summer: 2012 Trek Madone 3.5
    Winter: 2013 Trek Crockett 5
  • CiB wrote:
    As long as UndercoverElephant is still sleeping off a hangover or is just too idle to go out and knock up a few miles more today I should pass him on my way out of Stratton Audley this evening to end up in 31st place. Nothing glamorous by the standards on here but it'll do and it'll also put me past 5200 miles, which is a neat 100 per week average. That's me done. :)

Oh that's delicious. It really is. I didn't see this earlier, but went on the same loop as yesterday today and happened to finish a whole 0.1 miles ahead of you.

I really wish I'd planned this.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    :lol:

That's me choking on my wine.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    33 Overall, that'll do.

@CiB: you have half an hour, you know what to do!
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • itboffin
    Starting the stats they way they started .....

1st post of 2013 ....winning!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    itboffin wrote:
    Starting the stats they way they started .....

1st post of 2013 ....winning!

Pfft, you talk the talk but you don't pedal the pedal. First miles of 2013 goes to me! I'm winning!! :mrgreen:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    jimmypippa wrote:
    Wahay 4th place

Hmmm, you spoilt it - it was much nicer when it was just me on!

Anyway, happy enough with 2012. It has been an odd one - a good start in January with 7th place at the end of the month followed by a month on month decline in motivation and mileage culminating in July (admittedly full of holiday) when I dropped to 32nd on one day.

Then I found Airedale Olympic cycling club and have been heading up ever since. I expect I'll get knocked down to 15th but I can't complain - it's still only one place off 2011 and that was much more consistent. Besides, in 2011, 7243 miles would have got me 21st; we were all a bit soft in 2012. And I beat CJCP again which is what really matters :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • CiB
    CiB wrote:

Oh that's delicious. It really is. I didn't see this earlier, but went on the same loop as yesterday today and happened to finish a whole 0.1 miles ahead of you.

I really wish I'd planned this.
    Gah. I demand a recount. Maybe it's a rounding error. And I nearly took the other route that adds another 0.3 miles on on the way back last night.

Bother. :lol:
  • How to I get in on this then? Got a garmin for xmas, so I'm on Strava for the first time.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    mbthegreat wrote:
    How to I get in on this then? Got a garmin for xmas, so I'm on Strava for the first time.
    click on the link in CiB's signature (post above yours) or here.

He maintains this site...
  • Great, thanks. Added my zero miles achieved today.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm in the top 10 :D Can't see it lasting long though :(
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Woop. 1st place. Only downhill from here :lol:
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    My first ride of the year was cut in half by a puncture this morning so only gonna get in 18 miles today rather than the usual 30! Bad start.

Grumble Grumble
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    3477 last year - bit disappointing as I tailed off massively after september. Bad knees, gout, terrible weather, kid commitments have all conspired against me.

Missing my steel-framed mud-guarded commuter too... :(

First purchase when we move house!
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Some incredible stats here. I doff my cap to all of you.
    FCN 3 / 4