Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    pangolin wrote:

Don't do that! I did a 191 mile Audax only 2 weeks ago! It was part of my "gotta beat Mudcow" September drive.

funnily enough because of you i got soaked last night

i was going to take the short route home because of the rain but thought "sod it i need miles" so went the long way

damn you!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,605
    Haha! I'm not sorry... SC Stats is a lot more fun with a bit of mid table competition.

I see you have not added these alleged 'extra miles' :wink:
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • 604.6 miles bulk uploaded for september.
    Get your frown face on.
    Life is too busy to be logging in twice a day to SCStats and strava as well.
  • pangolin
    Well I only do it once a day, but you're right Barry it does take an absolute age. Falling behind in my work as a result.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • mudcow007
    pangolin wrote:
    Haha! I'm not sorry... SC Stats is a lot more fun with a bit of mid table competition.

im saving them up for a surprise at the end of the month just dont tell CiB
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Yep defo agree with the comments above re to busy to upload to all the different stat sites, i'm struggling with just dailymile, strava & garmin let alone stats when/if I return.

Quick someone write a bulk upload API plugin thingy

PS. Get over the whole he/she did a big upload and stole my lunch money thing ....MTFU :twisted:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • pangolin
    mudcow007 wrote:
    pangolin wrote:

2 days till I catch up with your September total. Keep shoulder checking!
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • mudcow007
    pangolin wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:
    pangolin wrote:

2 days till I catch up with your September total. Keep shoulder checking!

ahh man alive, i couldnt get out this weekend

i think your goina beat me young man
  • Goodness, I appear to be directly underneath Hambones.

*sniggers, moves over to reception*
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125

You've taken my top 10 spot :( My past month of revision and work means miles have been seriously low, now you appear to be 151 up on me too! Still all over tomorrow then i'm back on the miles :twisted:
  • willy b wrote:

You've taken my top 10 spot :( My past month of revision and work means miles have been seriously low, now you appear to be 151 up on me too! Still all over tomorrow then i'm back on the miles :twisted:

i think i might be a bit more further in front, hopefully i can keep 10th spot and work on the 9th!! :P
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    i think i might be a bit more further in front, hopefully i can keep 10th spot and work on the 9th!! :P

Work on the 9th? As you're only a little over 100 behind and you've had four months' higher mileage, it would be rather pathetic if you didn't catch me....!!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • was doing a good job of moving up, nearly met my target of 3,600 for the year, but now I have 2 commutes left before my holiday so nearly 3 weeks off the bike. Its going to be hard work getting back on it in november!
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    This'll be the last day on the bike for a couple of weeks, due to it going back for a warranty claim tomorrow and half-term looming in a week's time all of which means that the hard-earnt 29th place will go by the wayside as will a Top 30 slot probably, leaving just the year's target of 5000 to chase and that might become borderline if the warranty things take any longer than planned. Grumble...

:(
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    11k, seem to be on target for 13k
  • Knackered this morning but determined to get into the 30s before half term. Then it'll be a case of damage limitation.

I do, however, have not one but two secret plans for sometime in the remainder of 2012 .. I may not be able to SCR in the Cotswolds but I sure as hell can get some scalps in SCS :twisted:
    Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

strava profile
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne wrote:
    11k, seem to be on target for 13k

Jinxed that for myself..... works talking about sending me out to Qatar for 3 weeks :(
  • willy b
    The magical 10,000 miles seems out of reach tbh. 2 months & 9 days to do 2,983 miles.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    edited October 2012
    43 Miles a day willy,

You can do it!!

I set myself the target of 5k, done that. Now looking to get 6k now - which should be do-able especially with the two weeks off work I have at Christmas.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Yep 5k done 6k will be done by the end of the year and this has been my easiest year since starting the whole stats foolishness, that said I'm also way off my fitness from last year and even the year before :? :(
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Just shy of 4k now, on for 5k for the year. Might take a few extra rides in less than favourable conditions but I'm set on it now.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • willy b
    rubertoe wrote:
    43 Miles a day willy,

You can do it!!

I set myself the target of 5k, done that. Now looking to get 6k now - which should be do-able especially with the two weeks off work I have at Christmas.

Whilst 43 miles a day doesn't seem too bad, it soon adds up when you miss a day (yesterday for example). Certainly going to give it my best shot. done 30 so far this morning, and will be doing a club run of around 40 this evening, but then I don't always ride both sat & sunday :lol:

Thats before I factor in Christmas parties :roll:
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Deffo on for my 10k target which is good, just annoying I don't have a speed sensor, so anything I do on the turbo doesn't count!
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    okgo wrote:
    Deffo on for my 10k target which is good, just annoying I don't have a speed sensor, so anything I do on the turbo doesn't count!

I thought turbo miles didn't count anyway. You have to be moving to log miles.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • willy b
    They don't count i'd say :wink:
  • gbsahne001
    they don't, there was another thread somewhere for "Silly Turbo Miles"
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Oh right, well I'll still hit 10k either way.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • http://www.startfarm.co.uk/aspStats/Default.aspx

Getting very close around the low 40s .. 19 miles seperating 4 of us.

Looks like you've put some real effort to get the miles in.

Unfortunately it was not enough.

Half term is coming to an end and you've had your chance .. :wink:

strava profile
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    http://www.startfarm.co.uk/aspStats/Default.aspx

Getting very close around the low 40s .. 19 miles seperating 4 of us.

Looks like you've put some real effort to get the miles in.

Unfortunately it was not enough.

Half term is coming to an end and you've had your chance .. :wink:
    Who me? I'm in dock - bike is in for warranty work and yep I'm away for HT so that's two weeks down the pan. Thing is though I'm nails and winter doesn't bother or stop me so whilst you're all tucked up under you 200 tog duvets come November & December I'll still be knocking up the miles again, holding onto a place in the Top 30. Probably.
  • CiB wrote:
    Who me?

Nope .. it's just the competition is hotting up in the low 40s (where I currently reside). I'm hoping to get into the 30s but it's a bit bloody fierce. If you slacken off for a couple of days (let alone a week or two) it seems like you slide back down 4 places.

strava profile