Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• CiB wrote:
    I've got a bit of waiting around to do tonight so might take a hatchet to the Stats DB again and have another clear out of users who joined up this year but haven't updated since some arbitrary cut-off point - let's pick the end of May. That's far enough back.

If you don't want to be deleted do an update (any distance) before I start on the red tonight and you'll stay in. Or argue the case for not having a clear-out at all.

i'd say clear out the top 10, that way I might have a crack of catching them up :wink:
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    iPete wrote:
    So it seems I need to keep up 180 miles per week or 24 miles per day to hit 10,000 hmmm.

Thursday should see 10k for me, although I've also been looking at year end and if I want to break last years figure I'm going to have to average approx 280 miles per week.....take your hmm and raise it to a despairing shake of the head.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Life and work is getting in the way of miles for September & October, so my yearly mileage will be taking a hit :?

24 miles a day Pete, given you do around 20 miles each way to work that should be doable?
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    I reckon I'll get to 10 without too much difficulty.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • willy b
    okgo wrote:

10,000 miles would be a great effort, given i'd say a lot of people don't do that in their car! In reality I think i'll probably hit around 9,000 miles.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,718
    I'll be lucky if i hit 3,000. I find it so hard to get time to ride outside of riding to work. I think I'll have to tell the EPO I've got another woman so I can get some time to go out riding.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    willy b wrote:
    Life and work is getting in the way of miles for September & October, so my yearly mileage will be taking a hit :?

24 miles a day Pete, given you do around 20 miles each way to work that should be doable?

always bit of a wind down at Crimbo and increase in alcohol consumption! shall see where I'm at come December, its only a number after all... but does sound impressive....
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    willy b wrote:
    okgo wrote:

10,000 miles would be a great effort, given i'd say a lot of people don't do that in their car! In reality I think i'll probably hit around 9,000 miles.

Yeh.

The only issue is I'll end up doing a lot on the turbo, so that won't be real miles. But should still be possible as I'll be doing a lot of longer rides when the racing stops, so should easily crank a few 350 weeks over winter.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • gbsahne001
    hits 10k for the year, might get to 13k by year end
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'll be lucky if i hit 3,000. I find it so hard to get time to ride outside of riding to work. I think I'll have to tell the EPO I've got another woman so I can get some time to go out riding.

+1 i get abuse if i say im going to go out for ride

its normally along the lines of "why are you using your bike when the car is outside"
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Think I should get 11k+ this year. 12k might be possible depending on how many club runs I can get in. Hopefully I'll still be in the top 3 at the end of the year though :-)
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Well dome peeps another year of epic mileage I thinks its time we extended the SCR of the year award to include some stats honours lists.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • i'm going to try for 10k by the end of the year I think its doable for now, already done 6000
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,606
    Had my best month for a while and overtook Mudcow. Then he added his miles at the end of the month :(

I've closed the gap though - this month he's going down.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • willy b
    Exams at work and a week away at the start of September means that September was my lowest mileage all year. 482 Miles :(

2 more weeks of exams & revision then back to normal miles, think i'll be trying to make some up!
  • pangolin wrote:
    Had my best month for a while and overtook Mudcow. Then he added his miles at the end of the month :(

Sneaky move from Mudcow - I was rattling on nicely then he puts his miles in at the end of the month. Had you in my sights this week but that'll be next now I'd hope.
    Rose Pro DX Cross 3000
    GT Edge Ti
    Ribble Audax
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    No that all my leave has been taken up i'll be back on the commute 5 days a week - the milage should increase this month and those sneaky peeps above me will be back where they belong.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Saving miles to the end of the month then uploading as a job lot is frowned upon. Somewhere in the previous 318 pages it quite clearly says that. Somewhere.
  • mudcow007
    5milestogo wrote:
    pangolin wrote:

Sneaky move from Mudcow - I was rattling on nicely then he puts his miles in at the end of the month. Had you in my sights this week but that'll be next now I'd hope.

ooow i better start putting some miles in if im being chased

CiB wrote:
    Saving miles to the end of the month then uploading as a job lot is frowned upon. Somewhere in the previous 318 pages it quite clearly says that. Somewhere.

i always forget to log on during the month though, i have set a reminder at the end of the month to update

i sorry
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,718
    The incredibly slim hope of getting to 3.000 miles disappeaared in the blink of an eye. Must try harder next year.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    The incredibly slim hope of getting to 3.000 miles disappeaared in the blink of an eye. Must try harder next year.

maybe loops though Walton? I'm doing that and RP when I feel like it, to keep my fitness up rather than chasing stats though clearly the odd 20 mile round trips helps in that regard.
  • pangolin
    mudcow007 wrote:
    CiB wrote:

i always forget to log on during the month though, i have set a reminder at the end of the month to update

i sorry

As a completely impartial observer I think Mudcow needs to be removed from scstats.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • CiB
    pangolin wrote:
    As a completely impartial observer I think Mudcow needs to be removed from scstats.
    190 miles out of 2½ thousand miles is pretty impartial I reckon so yeah - cheerio mudcow. Play by the impossible to follow rules or else.

:wink:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Why is uploading in a batch frowned upon? Seems to me like a much more effective method.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • willy b
    Quite a few people (me included) like to see how they rank on a weekly mile basis, so If you upload all you monthly miles on one day that skews the results a little.
  • CiB
    itboffin wrote:
    Why is uploading in a batch frowned upon? Seems to me like a much more effective method.
    Putting in a few decent shifts to clamber into the top 30 with what looks like a decent advantage over those below only see it blown to bits by someone blundering in at month-end with a stack of 600 miles to throw at it is dispiriting, so I frown upon it. Can't stop it, so I frown at it instead.

S'pose I could limit individual rides to an arbitrary distance (150?) but there'll be someone somewhere who sees that as a new target to beat.

Being frowned at isn't the worst punishment on the planet.
  • mudcow007
    CiB wrote:

Being frowned at isn't the worst punishment on the planet.

it is to me, i feel like i have disappointed you

do you need a hug?
  • CiB
    Not today chief. On a bit of a buzz at the minute. Not sure why even. Ta anyway. Consider yourself excused for a minor faux pas.

:)
  • gbsahne001
    CiB wrote:
    S'pose I could limit individual rides to an arbitrary distance (150?) but there'll be someone somewhere who sees that as a new target to beat.

Did a 200 mile audax last year.... just saying, although I am thinking about deleting myself from the board for next year
  • pangolin
    gbsahne wrote:
    CiB wrote:

Did a 200 mile audax last year.... just saying, although I am thinking about deleting myself from the board for next year

Don't do that! I did a 191 mile Audax only 2 weeks ago! It was part of my "gotta beat Mudcow" September drive.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono