Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    iPete wrote:
    Boom, unless anyone steps in with some big updates that makes me the highest roller in April :D
    Chapeau... was pleased to get back to normal running, just over 650 for the month. Got London Revolution this month so expect to break 750 for May...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    It all adds up doesn't it.

My main aim is to do far less miles next month, and make the ones I do actually count!
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Only 45 miles between 10th and 4th in the April league. I made 10th which I was happy with, although when you wimp off home earlier it's annoying, if you'd stayed out a little longer :lol:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Seems i've done the least amount of miles in the last 3 years so far :lol:

ah bliss 8)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • esd
    esd Posts: 36
    still keeping up my average 30 miles a day and fast approaching 4k ...interested to know how much distance peops can get out of their tyres? Conti ultra sport on front has 4k on it and no punctures yet...touch wood..plenty of glass picked out of it and quite a few holes in the surface...have a blue/black ultra sport ready to go...conti gator skin on the back has 2.5k on it and looks unmarked part from the flint cut from the first week of use...

country lanes is my preferred routes so all sorts of c..p on the roads especially in this rain spell... i think 4k for a front tyre is pretty good going?
  • I've got a rear marathon+ with 10k on it, not that it's been used since the sirrus was retired. Will get more use if I can ever get the missus out on a bike and a reason to bring the sirrus back out of retirement.

Not a single puncture with either BTW.
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    the gatorskin hardshell on the front of the hybrid has about 7k on it but it is covered in small cuts and I should really look to replace it; Armadillo on the back and it's not faring any better and that has covered about 3k.

Never find glass in the tyres just lots of flint.
  • optimisticbiker
    gbsahne wrote:
    the gatorskin hardshell on the front of the hybrid has about 7k on it but it is covered in small cuts and I should really look to replace it; Armadillo on the back and it's not faring any better and that has covered about 3k.

Never find glass in the tyres just lots of flint.

Just over 1800 miles on Vittoria Zaffiros (white)(on the road bike), no visits from PF yet but lots of small cuts none of which seem to have anything in them when I look. Can't decide if I should keep them on for London Revolution in 2 weeks or change them for a set of Bontrager R2 (red) which I bought ages ago on the grounds they were lower rolling resistance but then someone told me they were about as p****ture resistance as blancmange :(

The commuter has Kenda Kwick Roller Sport which have done something like 20kmiles and are just showing signs of wearing out...
  • willy b
    My Vittoria Zaffiros have been great! Originally bought them Jan 2010, used one and off, until this January, where they have been used everyday, the rear is getting a little low, but all in all stil a great tyre. I'd guess around 5,000 miles out of my set so far. For £7 what more do you want 8)

Looks like i'll hit 3,000 miles for the year tonight, only 1,400 off last years whole total!
  • itboffin
    I don't get it I had a pair of those in white last year they rolled perfectly but picked up a visit every ride, went straight into the bin outside condor.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    I bought the non folding version of Rubino's the other week, they feel ok for £11 a throw, they're slow as hell but all good so far
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • itboffin
    Did anyone else completely miss the BR training diary thingy me bob or was it just me?
  • willy b
    Did see it, but couldn't get it to work so didn't bother to be honest.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    just dumped everything from the garmin in there and seem to be winning the challenge now, not sure I want one of those sh*tty tshirts mind.

make an ok rag for cleaning the bike... if i ever did.
  • itboffin
    Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate accept the t-shirt you must
  • optimisticbiker
    Doesn't work for me... I must be doing something wrong... just goes round and round the same pages... too tired now, will look again tomorrow...
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I've had one of my irregular unexpected and uncalled for purges, and chucked out those who've signed up this year but haven't bothered to trouble the scorers since the end of February, so some of you / us have gone up or down in the standings for what looks like no apparent reason.

Carry on everybody.

:twisted:
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    woohoo up 7 places :D

One of these days that's going to happen because I've cycled the miles and not because CiB has had a clear out.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Ah yes, though I'll not gain much until i get a replacement SS bike, since a long ride on the MTB is 26 miles...
  • CiB
    suzyb wrote:
    woohoo up 7 places :D

One of these days that's going to happen because I've cycled the miles and not because CiB has had a clear out.
    Bung us a few quid and I'll chuck some more out if you like. Bribery & corruption welcome...

:wink:

Edit - whoops. A potential admission of cheating has ended up at the top of the page. Bother.
  • CiB wrote:
    I've had one of my irregular unexpected and uncalled for purges, and chucked out those who've signed up this year but haven't bothered to trouble the scorers since the end of February, so some of you / us have gone up or down in the standings for what looks like no apparent reason.

Carry on everybody.

:twisted:

Oi i have been updating mine daily, just doing the total mileage i get from Ride with Gps, can you put me back on please :evil:
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • Going to be hard climbing back up the chart... been spectacularly dropped whilst training for and doing London Marathon. But - the legs are strong and the heart rate is low! Bring on the long catch-up rides ;-)

be_green_recycle
  • I'm directly above hambones now...

TOO!

MANY!

RECEPTIONIST!

JOKES!!!!
  • CiB
    Oi i have been updating mine daily, just doing the total mileage i get from Ride with Gps, can you put me back on please :evil:
    No can do. Expunged users aren't flagged for deletion, or marked as unreliable but still present, they're deleted, all the way through the linked tables. Gone, gonny, gone.

I could* waste some time swapping current & previous DB backups around to find your subset of data and reload it & merge it with current data but not for a few days; your easiest option is to add yourself back in with your current miles, and go from there. And then add miles like everyone else does. :)

[* really means could but won't]
  • Thanks for that i think !!!, standby for me reclaiming 20th spot!
    edit: just readded now 19th :D
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • CiB
    Sorted. Although your reappearance drops me down to 40th.
  • optimisticbiker
    One day off the bike cos of a work trip and I drop 3 places, wtf...:(
  • CiB
    Thanks for that i think !!!, standby for me reclaiming 20th spot!
    edit: just readded now 19th :D
    PM in your in-box.
  • willy b
    Not riding this weekend and only 150 last week means this months miles so far is looking poor. Also, only 4 days on the bike this week wont help! :(
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    just as well I got in the weekend miles, off to Dubai / Abu Dhabi Wednesday