Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• esd
    esd Posts: 36
    more wear stats...chain change last night - about 2900 miles on it...just about got away without changing the cassette...I think the most I have got out of a chain is 4000...but weather has been very grim over last 8 weeks..muck most days...just about to change my rear wheel aswell (RS10 - 14000 miles or so)..I hate it when the bike makes more noise than I do!

ESD
    This week i will be mostly changing things on my bike and explaining to my lovely wife that money spent on the bike is for the greater good...as opposed to " do less cycling then"
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Had a bit of furtle with the log-in process last night and have just uploaded the changes.

So that you don't have to rely on me not being under a bus or swanning off somewhere warmer just when you need a password reset, you can now do it yourself.

When you log in there's a new link to a secret question page; once you've provided an answer to your chosen secret question you can in future reset your own password, as long as you can remember what your secret question & answer was. If you're the sort of person who's likely to forget your pwd - an alarming number of users seem to be - I'd recommend you do the security question thing sooner rather than later.

The questions aren't the usual mother's maiden name / DOB / father's middle name type of questions as that sniffs a bit of sneaky data gathering, which it isn't as that's not good and it's trivial for me to see the info.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Whilst not my best ever but still very pleased with myself having ridden 715 miles this month inc a week off at the start, most of those miles if not all have been up very steep hills.

Also achieved my lighted weight this year @ 174.9lbs (12.49st) :D

this will of course all be reversed over the upcoming weekend of indulgence
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    itboffin wrote:
    Whilst not my best ever but still very pleased with myself having ridden 715 miles this month inc a week off at the start, most of those miles if not all have been up very steep hills.

Also achieved my lighted weight this year @ 174.9lbs (12.49st) :D

this will of course all be reversed over the upcoming weekend of indulgence
    Well done and ditto, 837miles this month, my best ever and didn't ride 6 of the 26 commuting days. Some good club rides and London Revolution helped a tad ;)
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Only 600-odd the last couple of months. But June will be somewhat higher mileage....
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Hot Orange
    Hot Orange Posts: 157
    I'm quite pleased with May. My first 500-mile month eventually became my first 600-mile month. This took me above 2,000 for the year and puts me well on track for my 4,000 target.

I also went clipless, did my first sportive and bought my first proper road bike.

A good month!
    Summer: 2012 Trek Madone 3.5
    Winter: 2013 Trek Crockett 5
  • Okay, got my 1000 miles in for May, where's my t shirt?
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • CiB
    Speak to ITBoffin - he thought of this so he's in charge of the prizes. I gather he's quite generous too. Good luck.
  • itboffin
    1st prize is you get to buy me drinks at the Morpeth whilst I stand/sway there telling you how I could have been a pro :roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Hi,

PC probs & I need to log in again but have lost my password. Can I have a rest please and I'll do the question thingy after.
    Many thanks
  • CiB
    Reset. See PM about to appear for you.
  • esd
    will carlosanchez please stop doing big weekend rides...I cant keep up! :)
  • That was the last planned one... The club runs do seem to he getting longer though ;-)
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • samoff
    samoff Posts: 128
    Hiya

I've just found this game and I'm definitely going to join in. I've got a spreadsheet of every ride I've done, going back ages (haven't we all). If I sign up now, will I be able to retrospectively fill in the months up til now, or should I just put in the year-to-date total.

(Sorry if this is an oft-asked question, but I ain't reading through 318 previous freakin pages;)
    "Check your sheds! Check your sheds! I think I've lost my mind" Half Man Half Biscuit
  • CiB
    Up to you whether you load the lot as individual rides, or as a set of monthly subtotals, or just one year to date value. Everyone can look at your individual rides; it's not v likely that anyone will though.
  • itboffin
    Whilst I've not officially been taking part in this silliness I have of course been logging my own miles and challenges and today I just failed for the first time this year, I've missed my 2011 July target by 17 miles, now here's the rub I do about 25+ miles at least every month just pootling around the village and I know this week I've covered more than 17 but I don't officially record pootling miles.

Ahhhhh fail but not fail, what have I done
  • CiB
    itboffin wrote:
    ...some weak excuse for not being up there with the best of us...
    Would sir like a pass to jump to the front of the queue?

:wink:
  • itboffin
    CiB wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    ...some weak excuse for not being up there with the best of us...
    Would sir like a pass to jump to the front of the queue?

:wink:

Nope not getting involved although I can say I have unofficially ridden more miles so far this year than last 8)
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Might get tighter at the top, as I'm off the bike from Sunday for a week or so, well unless I can find a bicycle in Turkey but cycling in 40 C weather doesn't really appeal that much.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,718
    I'm off for a fortnight, not that I was in any danger of troubling the top.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    don't think i'll be catching gbsahne in his absence either! slacked off a bit myself but think the avg is still 200+ mile per week this year, on for 10,000 maybe? Glad I have an 800 mile cushion down to 8th.
  • cush123
    cush123 Posts: 75
    Just finished LEJOG last weekend which sent me up to 8th place. Now let's see if I can stick in the top 10!
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    hard work getting back on the bike this morning, after 9 days off (aside from a pootle to the beach with 2 kids in tow), almost thought about using the car.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Should hit the 6,213 mile mark next week. 10,000km sounds better though :D
  • esd
    august gone still on track with average 30 miles per day for the year.

prepped for winter by buying an i am outdoors 1000 lumen light....delivered in 2 days, super bright even on 2nd setting...strobe setting a bit annoying though....

esd
  • itboffin
    Still on target but of course not caring or counting :roll:
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Never really had a target this year, just do as many as possible. 100k of 10,000km :) This week hasn't been good, as i've had two day off the bike.

Away all of next week, although i'll have the bike it's the MTB so no big mileages for that week.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Broken the 5k mark, alas it's km and not miles :(
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • CiB
    I've got a bit of waiting around to do tonight so might take a hatchet to the Stats DB again and have another clear out of users who joined up this year but haven't updated since some arbitrary cut-off point - let's pick the end of May. That's far enough back.

If you don't want to be deleted do an update (any distance) before I start on the red tonight and you'll stay in. Or argue the case for not having a clear-out at all.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    So it seems I need to keep up 180 miles per week or 24 miles per day to hit 10,000 hmmm.