Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• jimmypippa wrote:
    jimmypippa wrote:
    I'll just miss 5000 miles this time.

15000 miles commuting so far logged since 2009.
    Frustrating that...

My target was 5500 with a longstop at 6000.. I reckon, if weather holds, I have 7 more commutes and 2 weekend rides minimum = 265 miles before the end of the year, which gets me over the 5500 :), and I have the Xmas week off, so hope to get another 100 at least in that week, but 6k looks unlikely :(
    It is. I had an off in Feb, and about 5-weeks not on the bike, the insurance paid up just when I felt well enough to start again.

My back is still sore sometimes though.
    Ouch... only managed 2 offs this year and only grazes/bruising fortunately, but second off's insurance paid out 'for injuries' enough for a new bike when I find one I like :). Broke a collar bone in 2004 and was off bike for 9 weeks, but never got anything for that as driver was never traced :(, still twinges when cold n damp...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • First day at new office tomorrow - so nice, with a games area and other 'google-like' features, a decent bike park and 4 showers :)

Downside is my commute goes down to 25 miles from 30miles...only as far as Farringdon Station now. I need to find a better (read: longer) route...
  • cambs
    cambs Posts: 235
    Last miles of the year and for a couple of months, so will miss out on 5k for the year. Got taken out this morning by a car pulling out from the left just feet ahead of me. I think i flipped over his bonnet but that's just a guess. End result is a broken wrist, split helmet, swollen leg and lots of pains. My lovely yellow Colnago is trashed. Driver stopped and police have details so will go through BC for claims advice.
    I think i managed to bank enough miles to put me out of reach of Mr Sketchley - for this year anyway, but a top 40 place is now beyond reach.
    Stay safe out there everyone and i'll rejoin the hunt in the spring.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    cambs wrote:
    Last miles of the year and for a couple of months, so will miss out on 5k for the year. Got taken out this morning by a car pulling out from the left just feet ahead of me. I think i flipped over his bonnet but that's just a guess. End result is a broken wrist, split helmet, swollen leg and lots of pains. My lovely yellow Colnago is trashed. Driver stopped and police have details so will go through BC for claims advice.
    I think i managed to bank enough miles to put me out of reach of Mr Sketchley - for this year anyway, but a top 40 place is now beyond reach.

Damn, hope you heal up quick. Hopefully you'll have a nice new replacement to inspire a high-mileage comeback in the spring!

The second half of my 2011 wasn't as prolific as the first. Think I'll end circa 6350 - my last ride will be Monday 19th and then I'm out of the country until 22nd Jan. I aimed for 6000 miles this year so I shouldn't be disappointed, but there were times when it looked like I could (should) have pushed for 7000+. Next year...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Well I'm confident I'll make my 1100 target for the year.

So eat my miles you lot :wink:
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Was thinking that this week would be the last of the year but I've just learnt that there will be a bicycle in Istanbul for me.... so maybe 14k is not out of reach
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    @cambs - :shock: Yowzers! Good job it's not worse, and sorry to hear about the bike. (When did you start riding a Colnago?)

Heal up fast.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    StuAff wrote:
    I'll be cycling rather a lot between now and Christmas Eve, but then I have a week off so will be cycling even more....

FTFY :wink:

@cambs - speedy recovery
  • cambs wrote:
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you make a speedy recovery. BC's claims advice line is good, but would suggest considering one of the no win, no fee agencies to make sure the idiot's insurance pays out (I know it doesnt make it better, but if a graze was worth £1,500 and small scar on my son's face £5,000, what's a broken wrist worth?)
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    JZed wrote:
    StuAff wrote:
    I'll be cycling rather a lot between now and Christmas Eve, but then I have a week off so will be cycling even more....

FTFY :wink:

@cambs - speedy recovery

GWS, cambs.

I'm not kidding- bugger all mileage between now and the 24th. Might get a quick morning run in next Monday, but apart from that it's just the commute. From your perspective, this might remind you of the bit in Return of the Jedi when there's that pause in the battle before the Death Star starts firing ;)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • billytides, 2312, 678, 28, 2
    I use fulvic minerals and trace mineral to help me recover from my workouts. Works great!
  • jzed
    Need 10,000 ft of climbing to hit 300,000ft for the year.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    JZed wrote:
    Need 10,000 ft of climbing to hit 300,000ft for the year.

Wow - flat commute! I did more than twice that for my 10,000 last year!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    cambs wrote:

Sorry to hear that get well soon. I've had my share or injuries although not crash related to keep me off the bike. I doubt I'll make up 700 miles. So you're safe. Next year though....
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    billytides wrote:
    billytides, 2312, 678, 28, 2
    Billy mah man. We've moved on from P1 of this thread - Stats is computerised now; see link below to go where the hot steamy bike action is, although you can't sign up now until the New Year. It keeps late-comers from barging in and stealing the regulars' thunder. Come back on Jan 1st and join in then.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I've 'Bradley Wiggins'd' myself this year. :-(

Must Man up for next year... All of next year.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I've 'Bradley Wiggins'd' myself this year. :-(

Must Man up for next year... All of next year.

You had your chance and it was this year. For the next 20 years you'll be being pulled in all sorts of non cycle related directions. You'll count yourself lucky to make four figures!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • jzed
    Noticed I was on 298 miles for the week so popped out to do 3 more.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    JZed wrote:

You need to get out more lad and not on your bike.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • stuaff
    JZed wrote:

Nice one!
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • stuaff
    itboffin wrote:
    JZed wrote:

For someone who claims to not be playing, you really do spend too much time on this thread...
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:

:roll: The going outs the problem.....taking up time to do more miles.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Hmmm, Do I go out drinking tomorrow night and leave myself with 90 miles to do between Xmas and NY or do I ride to work and leave myself with 50 miles to do instead?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Asprilla wrote:
    Hmmm, Do I go out drinking tomorrow night and leave myself with 90 miles to do between Xmas and NY or do I ride to work and leave myself with 50 miles to do instead?

if you drink enough, you might get lost on the way home and end up doing the full 90 miles tomorrow evening.....
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Asprilla wrote:

Keep pace, lad. Ride to work.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Really grim day today so I'm not going out, which makes my total mileage for 2011 6252.7. I should be pleased as I met my target of 6000, but I'll make sure I hit 7000 next year.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • itboffin
    Mr Plum wrote:
    Really grim day today so I'm not going out, which makes my total mileage for 2011 6252.7. I should be pleased as I met my target of 6000, but I'll make sure I hit 7000 next year.

Are you mad !!!!?!?!? 6252.7 jeez that should at least me 6300 :roll:

a 'real man' would make it 6500 :twisted:

M
    T
    F
    U
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jzed
    Rounding up Boffin?

Out for a Christmas work thing tonight so only 15 miles on way home. Then notice Death Star has fired 15 miles, so wet shoes back on and out for another 20. Madness.
  • stuaff
    JZed wrote:
    Rounding up Boffin?

Out for a Christmas work thing tonight so only 15 miles on way home. Then notice Death Star has fired 15 miles, so wet shoes back on and out for another 20. Madness.

You really have got it bad if you felt the need to chase that down....that's it for this week apart from commutes. Weather permitting normal bombardment will resume Sunday.
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    Rounding up Boffin?

tee hee you've got it bad, how about this then i see i have 11 trips on my garmin that i've not uploaded this year - delete and be damned or upload ....?

like i care :lol: