Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• Whoo hoo... will pass JonGinge and 5000miles this weekend (as long as he doesnt do anything silly like go and put in an extra 100miles or so in the next 3 days)! Looking good for 5500+ for the year, weather permitting...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Not that I would take part in such silliness but guess who i'm drafting without even trying ...?

Hey @CP what do you rec. eh! eh! - any plans for this new year yet? how about laps of the block?

:twisted:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Broke the 5000 miles today :) but it was very very cold out... Garmin reckoned no higher than 3degC on my 44miler today... but all I know is I had a coating of frost all over when I got back... and as I write this 30min and two cups of hot tea later my toes are still not back online.... I can feel them coming tho.... oooohhh... :(
  • Snuck past my total for 2010 on the weekend though given how much time was lost to the ice and snow last year it's nothing to shout about .....
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Snuck past my total for 2010 on the weekend though given how much time was lost to the ice and snow last year it's nothing to shout about .....

my 2010 total went in October some time... my legs are looking forward to next year and a slightly more relaxed year; suspect I wont even be in the top 10.
  • Yep : me too : I'm planning to spoil myself a bit and be self indulgent next year and fulfil some cycling ambitions before I get completely past it so my mileage will be erratic to say the least. I've wanted to do either the Marmotte or the Etape for ages and at last I've got time off to do the Etape Act II so I'll need to get some proper training in for that. But then I'm also going to do JoGLE with some pals, and 4 or 5 other longer Audaxes so I think my monthly mileage will resemble a Pyrenean elevation profile!!
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • While I'd love to aspire to those sorts of numbers, the reality is it isn't going to happen. My target for next year, given a slightly shorter commute (down to 25miles/day) and 6 weeks out while I'm in Oz (tho hope to get out on a bike a few times while there) is more realistically going to be 6000mile
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Chest infection and pulled intercostal muscles; looks like Rolf F is going to get away.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Whoo hoo... will pass JonGinge and 5000miles this weekend (as long as he doesnt do anything silly like go and put in an extra 100miles or so in the next 3 days)! Looking good for 5500+ for the year, weather permitting...
    Noted.

TBH if you pop in another 600mile month then I've no reply :)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Wish I could be arsed to go into that sheet everyday and log my miles! I keep forgetting its there!

I'm on about 7 thousand for the year to date according to my little computer thing, and I'm doing 250 miles a week at the minute, so I really must do the log next year!!!
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    Into the top 50!! thanks to Mr Sketchly's lay off me thinks.

Target 5,000, it's gonna be tight. :)
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    wasn't trying at all till I decided I wanted to be top 30.. now it's top 25 and 6000 for the year
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Asprilla wrote:
    Chest infection and pulled intercostal muscles; looks like Rolf F is going to get away.

I'll reciprocate the sympathy you showed me...

That sucks. How did you manage to do that to yourself?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • KevEss wrote:
    Into the top 50!! thanks to Mr Sketchly's lay off me thinks.

Target 5,000, it's gonna be tight. :)

If you get to 5000, that is going to put you in the running for 40th place which already has 6 people within 100 miles of each other.

December could be hurty :? :evil:
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Pulled muscles? Ah, I was putting together a plastic fisher-price garage when Daddy's little helper started saying 'Dat Daddy's' and picking up all the screws. She held them out to me and I leant over to get them before she injured herself and twang. Felt Like I was having a heart attack.

Not the first time I'd done it, I think it's down to my scoliosis. Probably tomorrow I'll pull the opposing ones on my back from compensating, that's usually the done thing.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Asprilla wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Pulled muscles? Ah, I was putting together a plastic fisher-price garage when Daddy's little helper started saying 'Dat Daddy's' and picking up all the screws. She held them out to me and I leant over to get them before she injured herself and twang. Felt Like I was having a heart attack.

Not the first time I'd done it, I think it's down to my scoliosis. Probably tomorrow I'll pull the opposing ones on my back from compensating, that's usually the done thing.

Must feel great when you've got a chest infection to boot...
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Asprilla wrote:

Are you telling me that the 65 miler I did this weekend on the Autumnally lovely cheerfully sunny West Sussex very quiet roads giving me another point for the 100km challenge and a nice bit of exercise was all for absolutely diddly squat nothing?

I have four letters for you and you know what they are.............

(PS - hope you are better soon)
    Faster than a tent.......
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    By the way, apropos of nothing, my.daughters school is running on Wednesday, only the dinnerladies are.striking.

At lunchtime I will deliver 300 fruit items as a thank-you. (260 kids and 30 odd.staff)

EDIT wrong thread, sorry

This what happens when you mix gin, tonic and posting ........
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Looks like Stuaff put in a pre-emptive strike whilst I was away and now has 400+ on me. Fear its just too much of a gap to bridge to 10th.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    JZed wrote:
    Looks like Stuaff put in a pre-emptive strike whilst I was away and now has 400+ on me. Fear its just too much of a gap to bridge to 10th.

Would have been over 500 if I'd done my planned century on Sunday...hopefully getting one in this weekend. Actually less of a pre-emptive strike, more a case of keeping the miles up while I can (my mileage has been pretty consistent for a few months). On account of work, no weekday runs for three weeks from Monday, and one weekend out as well. Hopefully back with a vengeance come the 25th.....
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    32 miles short of 1100, 30 days to get them.

Must...not...be...lazy
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:

Pah loserrrrrr! would never have happened in the old days, shame on you :P
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    suzyb wrote:

Must...not...be...lazy

er just go out and ride around the block, town, village, city etc ask CP he knows all about that. :lol:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    suzyb wrote:

Must...not...be...lazy

1.066666666666666666666666667 miles per day should be possible if not we'll see you posting about it on the board you frequent the most.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Redvee, hows December looking for you? Party season starts next week and I am toying with taking the steed back by PT so I can at least get half a commute in a day to keep you at bay! The war office earlier granted me some hours at the weekend if I wanted to chase the year end 5k. By the time Sunday does come around her memory will have changed to that of a goldfish as opposed to an elephant.
    Rose Pro DX Cross 3000
    GT Edge Ti
    Ribble Audax
  • 5milestogo wrote:
    Redvee, hows December looking for you? Party season starts next week and I am toying with taking the steed back by PT so I can at least get half a commute in a day to keep you at bay! The war office earlier granted me some hours at the weekend if I wanted to chase the year end 5k. By the time Sunday does come around her memory will have changed to that of a goldfish as opposed to an elephant.
    650miles by the end of the month with holidays/parties? Thats a tall order I think...

I reckon I'll manage another 350-400 this year... just... should comfortably break the 5500miles tho...
  • Hmmm. Looking at the planned rides I'm falling short of year end 5k by 154 miles at the moment. I can extend the commute by 5 miles a day relatively simply - thats another 70, a blast this weekend weather permitting may see another say 50, but that's still 34 short with no allowance for impromtu beers etc. I'm gonna have to plan this carefully and maybe ramp up early. I'm not yet convinced myself!
    Rose Pro DX Cross 3000
    GT Edge Ti
    Ribble Audax
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I'd got in my head that I'd manage to hit 4000 this morning; turns out I'm still 70 miles shy of that and a long way short of the January plan to hit > 5k by year end. Next year...
  • kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    5milestogo wrote:
    Redvee, hows December looking for you? Party season starts next week and I am toying with taking the steed back by PT so I can at least get half a commute in a day to keep you at bay! The war office earlier granted me some hours at the weekend if I wanted to chase the year end 5k. By the time Sunday does come around her memory will have changed to that of a goldfish as opposed to an elephant.

257 miles behind you, that's 7 days there and back commute from Molesey plus a pootle I've got to do more than you, Arrrggghhh! :wink:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    5milestogo wrote:

Was looking good for 5k but not quite now.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.