Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• CiB wrote:
    Tssk - too slow off the mark again, missing out on a v temporary top spot by a whole minute. 8)

Bu$$er

Anyhow - I did hold the top spot - for me duration is uninmportant. I was going to take a screen shot but too late now!

By the way CiB - during 2010 we were quite close throughout the year - however last year (2011) I somewhat trounced you - although whilst I'll take credit for a 10% personal improvement over last year I beat you this year because your milage was low rather than mine high

Thanks again for running the stats
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    CC - it's alldown to finding time these days; 4k is about it for me.

Anyhoo. Mr Ridley would seem to have claimed a starting mileage of 20 then added the same ride. Starting miles allows anyone joining after we're up & running to include miles so far; it doesn't look right claiming a starting mileage of 20 on Jan 1 so I'll tidy that up tomorrow unless there's a good reason not to.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    My account for 2012 is now open - updates from me on Friday's

:twisted:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • MIW
    MIW Posts: 5
    My yearly post - many thanks CIB for another year.
    Beat my cycling miles and higher than last year but down on other targets - never mind.
    After only updating monthly - I promise to do it weekly as I agree I have been lapse and not fair to drop down and then jump up again.
    At end of Nov - thought may be able to overtake JZED but he then took off again and I fazzled out - well done J and well done to everyone.
    Ta
  • Wow #1 on the board... at least for a short while :lol:
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    26 minutes to be precise!
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    3rd. Think thats the best i'll ever see :lol:
  • MIW
    MIW Posts: 5
    first commute of the year - got round corner - PF - walking back to house and partner about to drive in to work - so got in - not a good start to the year!
  • itboffin
    Really bad start to the year for me, first the was weather "today" now i've just been told by work that I'll need to be in NY for well weeks at least, arse-balls-poo!

I can't face boxing up my bike to take with me, looks like it's going to have to be a NEW BIKE :lol:

Cervelo's are cheaper in the US aren't they?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    itboffin wrote:

I've only done a comparison with R&A, but their price is about £400 cheaper for the S5 frameset, and around £700 for the S3 (a thing of sheer beauty).
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

I've only done a comparison with R&A, but their price is about £400 cheaper for the S5 frameset, and around £700 for the S3 (a thing of sheer beauty).

Who are R&A? I need a linky please

Edit never mind found it ***drool***
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    For various reasons I didn't take part last year, it's been that long that I now have no idea what my password is. Any chance of a reset?

Cheers
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    im back on board this year, but will add my miles per month instead of just updating my overall mileage (i got deleted last year :( )
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Attica wrote:
    For various reasons I didn't take part last year, it's been that long that I now have no idea what my password is. Any chance of a reset?

Cheers
    Reset. See PM...
  • Happy New Year all,

I'm on hols and watching the stat miles rack up fast. Don't leave me too far behind - not back till next week!

be_green_recycle
  • Happy New Year all,

I'm on hols and watching the stat miles rack up fast. Don't leave me too far behind - not back till next week!

be_green_recycle
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,718
    I thought I'd sign up for this year.
    Tuesday I started back at work full of good intentions and thought I'd sign up. Wednesday was feeling decidedly queasy and really struggled. After being unwell most of the night I didn't go in on Thursday and was so utterly cattled I drove in on Friday. So, only managed 22 out of the 44 miles I should have done.
    I will sign up and get myself motivated, I promise.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    First ton of the year done- up to 3rd. I think it's like the football league tables in August at the moment- but good to be back at the sharp end nonetheless.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • clarkey cat
    after a promising start I've been struck down with some horrible virus caught off my kid. Been off the bike since Tuesday. Heartbreaking.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,718
    after a promising start I've been struck down with some horrible virus caught off my kid. Been off the bike since Tuesday. Heartbreaking.
    I feel your pain. Are you going to poop on his lap?
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Not going to be troubling the higher echelons of the table this year.

New Year, new commute; 11.2 miles each way and going nowhere near the embankment.

On the plus side, I will no-longer be too knackered to go out with KW on a Sunday and Mon-Fri I should be at home with a glass of wine in hand by 5pm. :twisted:
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • clarkey cat
    11.2 miles...?

Might aswell just do that on a Boris Bike, no?
  • asprilla
    11.2 miles...?

Might aswell just do that on a Boris Bike, no?

Might be a good idea; bike park is in the doesn't look very secure ground level car park. I'm used to having at least 20m of reinforced concrete between the bike and the scrotes but still, looks to be ok.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • clarkey cat
    Just ride your Pinnacle.

No-one will nick that.
  • asprilla
    Just ride your Pinnacle.

No-one will nick that.

I do have a Claud butler Legend converted to single speed....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • clarkey cat
    I once won a Claud Butler on a radio phone in. I sold it as I already had one exactly the same in beautful British Racing Green, I had de-stickered it and put on grey tyres. It was lovely. Got nicked though.
  • cjcp
    Back to your old commute?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    cjcp wrote:
    Back to your old commute?

Nope, a little further west.

Osterley to be precise.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • cjcp
    Will you see *any* bikes? :o
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    cjcp wrote:
    Will you see *any* bikes? :o

Might do......

Do KW have any rules about me joining the works team, erm mean club, as well?

Looking forward to more quality miles, not being too knackered to get out with KW and perhaps some post work training rides.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3