Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    This seemed like the most suitable place to post my 10,000th

Carry on and keep up the good work!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Damn stats. Found myself doing a ride after the work Christmas do at 4am Saturday, then a 11am ride to Brighton. Hit 250miles for the week and still Stuaff extended the lead. Back down below 400 but looks like too much to do.
  • I'm a little worried that Stuff is going to steal 9th from me. This is my last full weeks commute of the year with only 2 4 day ones left and it's unlikely that I'll get a chance to put in any miles in over Christmas. Still, looking good for 9.25k miles this year.
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I suspect I am safe now for 13th unless Peter vj pulls something out of the hat for Chrimbo.

That is unless ExPatScot updates but CiB should hoof him out as he hasn't updated since August!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Some very impressive miles being logged this year for the top 10.

Any chance of a top 15 finish will evaporate once ex-pat scot posts his miles.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    cjcp wrote:

:shock: So even if I manage to pip Stuaff - likelihood is expatscot is doing 800 miles a month and will take 9/10th
  • rolf_f
    JZed wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

:shock: So even if I manage to pip Stuaff - likelihood is expatscot is doing 800 miles a month and will take 9/10th

As I say - ExPat should be hoofed off. It's one thing only updating every month but if you are only going to update every season it is missing the point of the Stats! You have to make some effort to contribute......
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I think I'm falling by the way side.

Only three days on the bike last week and three days this week. The Venue for Mrs A's biggest event of the year had a survey last week and they found structural problems making it unsafe. She now has seven working days to completely reorganise something she's been working on for six months. I'm on nursery pick up duty for the foreseeable and that means no cycling. :(
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Rolf F wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

As I say - ExPat should be hoofed off. It's one thing only updating every month but if you are only going to update every season it is missing the point of the Stats! You have to make some effort to contribute......
    Not that it really makes a difference to me but I agree. It may ultimately just be a bit of fun but it's not fair for those filling in regularly.
  • cjcp
    Asprilla wrote:
    I think I'm falling by the way side.

Only three days on the bike last week and three days this week. The Venue for Mrs A's biggest event of the year had a survey last week and they found structural problems making it unsafe. She now has seven working days to completely reorganise something she's been working on for six months. I'm on nursery pick up duty for the foreseeable and that means no cycling. :(

*Puts on sincerest voice* Gutted.*

How do you fancy hooking up for some post-work and early Sunday morning training rides? The route is part of the Tuesday night training route. JG may be up for it once he's recovered from the lurgi and got his workload down to "barely manageable".

*HURRAH! No way I can keep up the present mileage.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    suzyb wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Not that it really makes a difference to me but I agree. It may ultimately just be a bit of fun but it's not fair for those filling in regularly.
    What der y'all reckon then? I can stick up a snotty note informing anyone - but mainly EPS - who hasn't posted for an arbitrary time (let's say 3 months...) to explain himself on here and or stick to the spirit of it all. Or I can just remove him completely, which would be a bit OTT tbh.

Me? I reckon he's doing miles but has failed to grasp the spirit of it. Exclusion is a step too far and is normally reserved for anyone who hasn't been on for a few months and who never had much to show for their efforts anyway.
  • cjcp
    Nah, keep him in. It'll make JZed bust a hump for the rest of the year. :mrgreen:

Less importantly, it's just a bit of fun.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    cjcp wrote:
    Nah, keep him in. It'll make JZed bust a hump for the rest of the year. :mrgreen:

9,500 miles - no chance. I'm happy with eclipsing Boffins mileage. Kind of think I shouldn't have slacked since June too.

I'm liking the Asprilla decoy routine. I reckon you'll still have to do your early morning RP laps to keep ahead.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    cjcp wrote:
    Which looks like the correct answer. I could always nick some of his miles whilst he's not looking tho...
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    I'm a little worried that Stuff is going to steal 9th from me. This is my last full weeks commute of the year with only 2 4 day ones left and it's unlikely that I'll get a chance to put in any miles in over Christmas. Still, looking good for 9.25k miles this year.

9.25....Hmmm, you're probably safe. Probably...No weekday mileage this week apart from the teeny tiny commute, FNRttC this weekend & probably a little more Sunday, but that'll be it until Hooray Back On The Bike For Fun Day (25th).
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • stuaff
    CiB wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Which looks like the correct answer. I could always nick some of his miles whilst he's not looking tho...

I agree. He's a pain about updating his mileage so infrequently, but it's not that hard to work out position relative to him.
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • rolf_f
    I'd just prompt him. I quite like the odd pest who only updates monthly as it keeps you on your toes but much less and it is a bit pointless being in there. After all, it isn't as though there aren't people on the forum not doing the stats - including some who'd be right up there - maybe in the lead. We know the stats only apply to those playing the game but folk should make a bit of an effort!
  • itboffin
    Ah tiz the season of panic :lol:

Sits back with feet up watching the ensuring fear unfold ho ho ho! :twisted:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    Eat any more mince pies, laddie, and they'll be dressing you up in a red suit and white beard...
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    Eat any more mince pies, laddie, and they'll be dressing you up in a red suit and white beard...

<goes off to look for photo>
  • Going to hit 9k miles tomorrow :-)
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • jzed
    Going to hit 9k miles tomorrow :-)

Chapeau - not sure I'm going to hit 9,000.

Stuaff - you going to put another 140 mile weekend in :evil: . Gap is 300 now :wink:
  • stuaff
    JZed wrote:
    Going to hit 9k miles tomorrow :-)

Chapeau - not sure I'm going to hit 9,000.

Stuaff - you going to put another 140 mile weekend in :evil: . Gap is 300 now :wink:

+1 chapeau.

140 mile weekend? I'll see how I feel after the FNRttC, might ride back into the smoke.

Cutting the gap down when I'm doing nothing other than the commute isn't hard. I'll have a week to get it back up again ;)
  • At current reckoning I'm gonna be 127 miles short of 5k for the year. Balls! I've had 2 days commute next week canned for party reasons which would have got me to within 55 miles of 5k or a Sunday run out. I hit the gas this week with 207 miles but have stuck at 48th. There are some 320 miles left in the tank this year and I hope that this will get me to top 45. Maybe in between xmas and new year I can extend the commute to take some more places.
    Rose Pro DX Cross 3000
    GT Edge Ti
    Ribble Audax
  • jzed
    StuAff wrote:
    Cutting the gap down when I'm doing nothing other than the commute isn't hard.

Swings and roundabouts - I smell fear.
  • looks like I'll be under 3K for the year if I just go to work and back only another 84 miles, but I do have a few days off so may get urge to take the bike for a spin plus popping to shops etc knocks up the milles. But even so, unlikely to hit 3k partially since the poor mountain bike hasn't had a outing for a while.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    I'll just miss 5000 miles this time.

15000 miles commuting so far logged since 2009.
  • stuaff
    JZed wrote:
    StuAff wrote:
    Cutting the gap down when I'm doing nothing other than the commute isn't hard.

Swings and roundabouts - I smell fear.

Something wrong with your sense of smell, or it's somewhat nearer to home. Gap back up to 400 now ;) I'll be working rather a lot between now and Christmas Eve, but then I have a week off....
  • jimmypippa wrote:

Frustrating that...

My target was 5500 with a longstop at 6000.. I reckon, if weather holds, I have 7 more commutes and 2 weekend rides minimum = 265 miles before the end of the year, which gets me over the 5500 :), and I have the Xmas week off, so hope to get another 100 at least in that week, but 6k looks unlikely :(
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    jimmypippa wrote:

Frustrating that...

My target was 5500 with a longstop at 6000.. I reckon, if weather holds, I have 7 more commutes and 2 weekend rides minimum = 265 miles before the end of the year, which gets me over the 5500 :), and I have the Xmas week off, so hope to get another 100 at least in that week, but 6k looks unlikely :(
    It is. I had an off in Feb, and about 5-weeks not on the bike, the insurance paid up just when I felt well enough to start again.

My back is still sore sometimes though.