Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    You may want to make the link a bit more visible. Took me a bit to find it.

Also I am declaring...I did 1049 miles last year which I intend to beat this year (currently sitting at 995.2).
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    suzyb wrote:
    You may want to make the link a bit more visible. Took me a bit to find it.

Also I am declaring...I did 1049 miles last year which I intend to beat this year (currently sitting at 995.2).

Nip out for a quick 50 now! :-)
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Oops just noticed that Oct has been my second lowest monthly mileage so far this year :oops:

Erm training starts proper 1st Nov. :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    itboffin wrote:
    Oops just noticed that Oct has been my second lowest monthly mileage so far this year :oops:

Erm training starts proper 1st Nov. :?

Ditto, but it's a massive improvement on July-September. Will struggle to beat 7,400 this year.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Well - lasted 10 months in the top 10. Not going to manage to retain it, as only got 4-5 weeks cycling left this year due to holiday. No chance of 9,000 either. New target of 8,500.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    welcome back airwave, have you fully recovered?
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    It's good to be back on the road after a couple of weeks on the turbo.Did a long ride today almost pain free,well apart from leg pain trying to keep my mates wheel up the last couple of hills.I think he was attempting to kick my ass&if he'd know how close to blowing up i was he may have done so if he'd turned the screw just a bit more.Of course i did'nt let on :lol:
  • cjcp
    Welcome back! Good to hear you're back on the bike.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Yep : welcome back Airwave ; nice to see you back on the bike!!
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    cjcp wrote:
    Will struggle to beat 7,400 this year.

You are fooling no-one.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Airwave wrote:
    It's good to be back on the road after a couple of weeks on the turbo.Did a long ride today almost pain free,well apart from leg pain trying to keep my mates wheel up the last couple of hills.I think he was attempting to kick my ass&if he'd know how close to blowing up i was he may have done so if he'd turned the screw just a bit more.Of course i did'nt let on :lol:

Excellent news!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • stuaff
    JZed wrote:
    Well - lasted 10 months in the top 10. Not going to manage to retain it, as only got 4-5 weeks cycling left this year due to holiday. No chance of 9,000 either. New target of 8,500.

Yup, just sneaked past you on Sunday...excellent rearguard action the last few weeks though, had to keep my miles up to hold the gap. My December will be very low mileage again, so you're still with a shout of a top ten place...
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • jzed
    StuAff wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Yup, just sneaked past you on Sunday...excellent rearguard action the last few weeks though, had to keep my miles up to hold the gap. My December will be very low mileage again, so you're still with a shout of a top ten place...

Who you trying to kid! I was wondering when you were going to chuck in a 100. Work seems to be calming down just in time for two weeks in cuba - so you'll be out of sight by the time I'm back.
  • stuaff
    JZed wrote:
    StuAff wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Who you trying to kid! I was wondering when you were going to chuck in a 100. Work seems to be calming down just in time for two weeks in cuba - so you'll be out of sight by the time I'm back.
    Possibly...at least one more century this month, I hope to get one in the first week of December before Xmas pressure starts at work, but that'll be it until the 25th, apart from the 5 mile commute....

Hire bikes over there ;)
  • jzed
    Boffin - shall be scalping your 8,001 tonight - only 51 days spare. 2 week holiday to celebrate - beers and burgers and then will set about seeing hom wuch of a lead Stuaff has and whether can catch him.
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    Boffin - shall be scalping your 8,001 tonight - only 51 days spare. 2 week holiday to celebrate - beers and burgers and then will set about seeing hom wuch of a lead Stuaff has and whether can catch him.

it was more than that in the end, and it's taken you until Nov to do it so not really that impressive esp as I was away for Jan anyway.

FAIL = MUST TRY HARDER .... next time :twisted:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:
    JZed wrote:

it was more than that in the end, and it's taken you until Nov to do it so not really that impressive esp as I was away for Jan anyway.

I've been taking it easy since June?
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    I'm also winding the mileage down now, hopefully still hold onto the No 2 spot though.
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    JZed wrote:

I've been taking it easy since June?

Of course you have, there there whatever gets you through the day ......... :P
  • cjcp
    Asprilla wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Will struggle to beat 7,400 this year.

You are fooling no-one.

I wish that were true.

I'm working long hours, not getting much sleep and now have something approaching a chest infection. Even 7,400 is now looking tricky.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    I would love to be callous enough to say 'Good', but I'm not so lets hope it doesn't last too long.

That's obviously so you can't use it an an excuse when I beat you.....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • cjcp
    Cheers.

Will. Not. Surrender.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jzed
    Boffin - next time you go up Dark Hill keep a look out for the line in the road with 8001 on it. Went round twice again just to admire it again.
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    Boffin - next time you go up Dark Hill keep a look out for the line in the road with 8001 on it. Went round twice again just to admire it again.

Pics or it never happened :lol:

not to late to pop out now ....?!
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Last years mileage beaten :D
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    cambs
    You may of caught up, but can you pass and make it stick! I'm targeting 600 mi/m for the next three months as I really want to hit 5200 for the year. By the time I get home tonight I'll be 150+ for this week so that's one week down and 11 to go.
    600 miles a month up to Christmas eh? Nov 16th, tot for month = 32.2. Like it. :lol:

This is easy - reckon I should see Mr Sketchley off by the end of the week. Toodle-pip.

Well done su-b.
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    Getting some solid miles in of late. Started riding midweek (chain gang), still doing the mad Saturday morning rush and now long zone 2 rides on Sunday mornings (5.30am starts). Coupled with the two stone weight loss this year and I must admit I have never been faster or fitter!! :D
    Still breathing.....
  • asprilla
    Not on the bike tomorrow, Friday or Monday. That should give a few of you the opportunity to catch-up.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Asprilla wrote:
    Not on the bike tomorrow, Friday or Monday. That should give a few of you the opportunity to catch-up.

Might be getting back in the zone a bit after much travels over the last month!

Still, if you beat me that's fine - as long as I beat CJCP* :lol:

*hope you feel better soon!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • cjcp
    @Rolf - cheers.

Can't get any extra miles in atm. Bits and bobs at the weekend, but nothing extra during the week. When I do get the chance, I'm fknackered.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."