Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Work has royally shafted any plans for extra mileage. Pants.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    CiB wrote:
    Mebbe. Got an event on Sunday that'll give me 70 hilly miles, then next week I can do 5 days, provided I can keep off the red. :) That's a potential 300 on the cards, then into the routine of 2 per week + the odd weekend ride where poss.
    That's a good start - 66 yesterday (Brickhills Challenge, anyone do it?), 1 of 5 commutes done so far this week. As for staying off the red, must try harder. :)
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Bollox! Broken Spoke this morning, that'll set me back. Now's your chance cambs.....
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Chopped 7 miles off the ride Sunday coming back from Slimbridge as the wind was just brutal and this morning my legs felt like they belonged to a much older man.

The commute took me nearly 15 minutes longer than usual....

Please let the wind be the same going home tonight : if it is I reckon I can get home about half an hour before I leave .....
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Having just spent the weekend in Cornwall I'm officially downgrading Wilts, Herts & Berks to pan-flat, I'm might even need to think about my previous wind scale to.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cambs
    cambs Posts: 235
    Sketchley wrote:
    Bollox! Broken Spoke this morning, that'll set me back. Now's your chance cambs.....

Oh yes.
    Capitalising on that already.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    cjcp wrote:

Tick tock CJ, tick tock.....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • sketchley
    cambs wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:

Oh yes.

Appointment with Wheel builder on Saturday morning. You have 5 days to carve out a lead..........

Must sort out N+1 quickly....
    --
    Chris

• jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Sketchley wrote:
    cambs wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:

Oh yes.

Appointment with Wheel builder on Saturday morning. You have 5 days to carve out a lead..........

5 days off the bike for a broken spoke? LBS should do you a spoke for £5 or so.

Didn't you have spare wheels?
  • sketchley
    JZed wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    cambs wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:

Oh yes.

5 days off the bike for a broken spoke? LBS should do you a spoke for £5 or so.

Didn't you have spare wheels?

Sold the "spare" wheels last Wednesday as they were no good to me (the irony of this is not lost on me). Yes I could go to LBS but the wheel is not true so simply putting a spoke in won't work for me as I don't know how to true a wheel. I could ask LBS to do this but I want the bloke that made the wheels to sort it out and check nothing else is wrong at same time. I cannot get to him until Saturday.

Ho hum.... Lesson to self use a local wheel builder next time.....
    --
    Chris

• Day off today as have volunteered to look after the sprogs given wifes need to work. Given Sketchleys news I'd prefer to have gone in to close that gap further - maybe a pootle with the kids round bushy park will get me some miles!
    Rose Pro DX Cross 3000
    GT Edge Ti
    Ribble Audax
  • asprilla
    Oh, only 19 miles behind CJCP. 19 miles. That's less than the difference between our commutes for one day, isn't it?

Martin Cashman another 5 miles ahead of him.......
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • CiB
    Sketchley wrote:
    I don't know how to true a wheel.
    Tssk. Come on man. Spoke in, wind it up a bit and adjust carefully until wheel is close to true, then go to LBS when suitable.

Anyway. Day 3 of 5 done. That's 170 so far for the week and puts me second in the Stats thing if sorted on WTD (quick though before someone up there knocks off a quick 50 or so).

170 down, 103 more on the cards if I keep it up & do Thurs / Fri which leaves an easy <30 on Sat to hit the 300 for week target. Doable? Yeah. Massive climb in the Stats? Pffft. 3 places maybe at this rate. Slow down a bit chaps.
  • asprilla
    Up til 3.30 with The Mighty Pickle to PT for me today, not cycling on less than 3hrs kip.

Looks like you get to keep your position over the weekend Mr CJCP.

However, and it's probably my lack of sleep making me paranoid, this quote:
    cjcp wrote:

; is now making me feel like you are logging miles like no-ones business and will drop the mileage bomb later in the month.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • cjcp
    Asprilla wrote:
    Up til 3.30 with The Mighty Pickle to PT for me today, not cycling on less than 3hrs kip.

It's odd. I *have* to get the bike in on days like that to wake me and stop me feeling sick.
    Looks like you get to keep your position over the weekend Mr CJCP.

A minor respite (see below).
    However, and it's probably my lack of sleep making me paranoid, this quote:
    cjcp wrote:

; is now making me feel like you are logging miles like no-ones business and will drop the mileage bomb later in the month.

Not a chance. I'm burning the candle at both ends and need to see the kids in the evening, so no chance of extra mileage in the week. Weekend riding is non-existent atm.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

It's odd. I *have* to get the bike in on days like that to wake me and stop me feeling sick.

Was struggling to answer basic questions from the Mrs this morning so I didn't trust myself with traffic.

I've had a double espresso this morning and I don't even like coffee.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • cjcp
    Asprilla wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Was struggling to answer basic questions from the Mrs this morning so I didn't trust myself with traffic.

You need to rest up then.

Best take the train tomorrow, too.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

It's odd. I *have* to get the bike in on days like that to wake me and stop me feeling sick

You need to rest up then.

Best take the train tomorrow, too.

Taking the plane tomorrow for a three day bender on the west coast of Ireland; Into the pub and drinking in time for the rugby each morning, breakfast, lunch and dinner and leaving long after closing time.

That should help my sleep deprivation and I reckon Monday's commute will be 'interesting'.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • cjcp
    So, if I see someone vomitting on Priory Lane, should I stop?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    cjcp wrote:
    So, if I see someone vomitting on Priory Lane, should I stop?

No, please allow me the courtesy of anonymity so I can suffer in private.

I'll ride the Scott that morning so no-one will recognise me anyway.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • CiB
    I'll milk it before it changes. That's the full 5 day commute - 262 on the board this week with the return journey + tomorrow to exceed 300 for the WTD, and I've hit 50th position - whooo-hoooo.

Anyway - in case anyone wonders, I chopped a few users out last night; anyone who joined this year but hasn't troubled the scoreboard since June has been taken out so a few will have moved up a few places without turning a pedal. New sign-ups are blocked after October; that was the consensus when this all kicked off, to prevent some johnny-come-lately barging in at Christmas with 15000 miles and stealing the regulars' thunder. If you wanna be in, be in before month end.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    CiB wrote:
    I'll milk it before it changes. That's the full 5 day commute - 262 on the board this week with the return journey + tomorrow to exceed 300 for the WTD, and I've hit 50th position - whooo-hoooo.

Anyway - in case anyone wonders, I chopped a few users out last night; anyone who joined this year but hasn't troubled the scoreboard since June has been taken out so a few will have moved up a few places without turning a pedal. New sign-ups are blocked after October; that was the consensus when this all kicked off, to prevent some johnny-come-lately barging in at Christmas with 15000 miles and stealing the regulars' thunder. If you wanna be in, be in before month end.

:lol:

Cooking the books ah Chris :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • CiB
    itboffin wrote:
    :lol:

Cooking the books ah Chris :lol:
    It's my prerogative squire, and it needs doing occasionally otherwise the bottom end of the table fills up with dreamers and no-hopers who do nothing but bring the average down just so they can shine in the reflected glory of those above them posting miles on a regular basis. And it unexpectedly gained me a place too. Which was nice. :wink:
  • CiB wrote:
    And it unexpectedly gained me a place too. Which was nice. :wink:

Me too. :) I was wondering how that happened until I saw this.

Mike
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    It gained me 8 so I'm defo not complaining :wink:
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    CiB wrote:

ive gone!!!

i wasn't adding individual rides, i just use to amend my total :cry:
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    mudcow007 wrote:
    i wasn't adding individual rides, i just use to amend my total :cry:

Serve you right for not doing it properly! It's antisocial not posting at least monthly totals.

We'll see you back in January :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Rolf F wrote:

Serve you right for not doing it properly! It's antisocial not posting at least monthly totals.

We'll see you back in January :lol:

*Sits in the corner an quietly sobs*
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • CiB
    Mudcow - I did actually um & ah about excluding you from the deletes as you're on here pontificating often enough, and are a worthy inclusion. Trouble is there was no evidence of new miles being added since about April or thereabouts.

You can always rejoin- it's not after October yet. If you do don't let your last update date slip too far back or you'll be caught up in the next purge, which will be timed for a random evening when I next fancy a bit of a tidy-up and have 10 minutes of time to fill.
  • And Prospect Place is conquered ...

I knew you'd be pleased ...
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper