Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Asprilla wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    I'm refreshed and ready to rack up some mileage.

:? 1200 miles ahead - should be safe.

Asprilla - keep hitting CJCP with the big mileage and he'll break. :wink:

It's going to be down to his weekend passes; commuting wise I've got about 100miles a week over him.

Won't be long until Rolf F is close enough to hear the sound of his creaking knees and I'll be tucked in behind.

Hey - are you drafting me? :evil: Damn SCSdrafting fairies......

You'll make an easy pass of CJCP - he'll still be spinning in the gutter after I've blasted past him.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Rolf F wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    I'm refreshed and ready to rack up some mileage.

:? 1200 miles ahead - should be safe.

Asprilla - keep hitting CJCP with the big mileage and he'll break. :wink:

It's going to be down to his weekend passes; commuting wise I've got about 100miles a week over him.

Won't be long until Rolf F is close enough to hear the sound of his creaking knees and I'll be tucked in behind.

Hey - are you drafting me? :evil: Damn SCSdrafting fairies......

You'll make an easy pass of CJCP - he'll still be spinning in the gutter after I've blasted past him.

Ok, ladies; come and have a go...
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Martin Cashman, The Good Doctor and iPete aren't that far behind either and are logging some good miles as well. I'd be sweating if I were you CJCP.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • cjcp
    Pfft.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • rolf_f
    Asprilla wrote:
    Martin Cashman, The Good Doctor and iPete aren't that far behind either and are logging some good miles as well. I'd be sweating if I were you CJCP.

And look at the gaps he's let grow ahead of him. If he had any decency at all, we wouldn't be ending up with such a big climb to the next placings once we do leave his shattered body behind us.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    After this week's rather large mileage (and I'm not done yet..) should be back in the top ten. Topping the weekly chart :)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • A poor 453 for me in August, was laying off the extra miles due to injury. Bit of a comedown from last August's 1,000+. UE closing the gap, but will he get there...... lets hope not... :)
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Chapeau, Stuaff. Big week that!

How's that achilles, Wallace? Getting better with a bit of rest?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Getting there Jon..... still small twinges now and then, but happy to rest it for now. Just thankful that UE is not taking full advantage!!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    rjsterry wrote:
    Is this the SC Stats version of sledging?

I'm just waiting for "Your Mum does more miles than you!"

:lol:

"My Nan does more miles than you... and she's a cripple!" etc...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    That was an interesting week; man, bicycle and tent, touring around the South of England.

Quite glad to be back though, as it will be nice to sleep in a bed and then the family return on Tuesday, which means I'm going to be spending tomorrow cleaning the house, in hindsight I probably should have made a start prior to touring.
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    I tip my hat to you sir,impressive milage in week indeed.Now take a long well deserved complete rest from the bike :lol:
  • rolf_f
    Hey! CJCP!

See the Cervelo bloke? That's you that is....... :twisted:

20090917_ToB_stage6_27.jpg
  • asprilla
    Rolf F wrote:
    Hey! CJCP!

http://youtu.be/3VlD8JPP4pQ
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • asprilla
    Right, I'm off on holiday for a week and a bit. If I'm not in 20th when I get back I'll be very disappointed in all of you. [/img]
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    20th what?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    Rolf F wrote:
    Hey! CJCP!

I'm toying with you. Come on, step it up.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    Asprilla wrote:
    Right, I'm off on holiday for a week and a bit. If I'm not in 20th when I get back I'll be very disappointed in all of you. [/img]

Another challenger falls by the wayside.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Another challenger falls by the wayside.

Last night in the Morpeth when I mentioned you (cjcp) could have actually been doing laps in RP rather than joining us all JZed had a very pained look on his face :lol:

0wned by the game :twisted:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    Out training this afternoon when i had a disagreement of the finger saluting type with a car driver.Anyway i carry on cussing the idiot a bit.Well he must've uturned sharpish as within 400metres he draws along side me tooting his horn.Bear in mind i'm on my TTbike with a good tailwind doing 30mph.He then rams into the side of me knocking me flying&just drives off.Neckbrace&spinalboard,5hrs in Southampton general.After lots of x-rays the worst injury is a collarbone broken in three places&a deep cut on my leg.The police clocked a car going past the accident 3times in 5mins&reckon it may be him.One officer took the reg the 3rd time so you never know they might get him.GBH i reckon.

So i may not be in the stats for a good couple of months,but i'll be watching with interest. :wink:
  • itboffin
    @airwave wow! Really sorry to hear that and glad you're okay ish
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Good god Airwave. Really genuinely evil.

As ever, write everything down, but concentrate on getting better!
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Get well soon Airwave. Absolutely horrific incident, hope he gets caught sharpish.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    :shock: - speedy recover Airwave
  • rolf_f
    Crikey Airwave. Glad you are OK but FFS - what is the matter with folk?

I had a lad in a BMW pull out from the right into my lane and pointlessly cut into my space on Saturday so I gave him a polite V sign as I came along his inside. To which he then did the old left swerve to try to scare me - so, when I passed him again I just slowed and told him to 'be nice'. Whether he would have tried to kill me after that I don't know as he was stuck in traffic but it does make you wonder.

Still, glad you are sounding positive. Bear in mind that Wiggo came 3rd in the Vuelta a couple of months after breaking his collarbone so we expect no less of you!

And, as for CJCP - Asprillas holiday won't save you.........it's only a matter of time......
  • Airwave : that is shocking fella : I hope they get the bloke but more importantly you're well and back on the bike soon giving us all a good kicking!!!!!

Please keep us posted about your recovery and the case.
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • I had a guy in a green cavalier with L Plates on the back for no reason whatsoever pull alongside me on Thursday, wind his window down and unleash a torrent of abuse at me for absolutely no reason at all. I didn't have the bloomin headcam on to capture it but it was incredibly aggressive and really unnerving.

I remember thinking that his eyes looked really wild which made me wonder if he was on something as he then proceeded to tailgate the driver in front of me for a couple of hundred yards before I lost sight of him.

It was one of those times when I was genuinely so shocked i was speechless. It was utterly random and his language and tone was very violent.
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    holy hell sorry to hear that airwave, heal up soon and I hope they get brought to justice
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Airwave wrote:
    Out training this afternoon when i had a disagreement of the finger saluting type with a car driver.Anyway i carry on cussing the idiot a bit.Well he must've uturned sharpish as within 400metres he draws along side me tooting his horn.Bear in mind i'm on my TTbike with a good tailwind doing 30mph.He then rams into the side of me knocking me flying&just drives off.Neckbrace&spinalboard,5hrs in Southampton general.After lots of x-rays the worst injury is a collarbone broken in three places&a deep cut on my leg.The police clocked a car going past the accident 3times in 5mins&reckon it may be him.One officer took the reg the 3rd time so you never know they might get him.GBH i reckon.

So i may not be in the stats for a good couple of months,but i'll be watching with interest. :wink:

That's shocking, hope you recover fully..... so it's between running man and me then?
  • cjcp
    :shock: There are some proper mentalists out there!

Heal up fast, fella. Hope the police nail him.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."