Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    Yes i won't be the big dangly orange vegtable just within reach for you two very much longer.With a good recovery hopefully i maybe able to hang on to 3rd place. :lol:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Airwave wrote:
    Yes i won't be the big dangly orange vegtable just within reach for you two very much longer.With a good recovery hopefully i maybe able to hang on to 3rd place. :lol:

Perhaps it's time for me to enter my miles :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    itboffin wrote:
    Airwave wrote:

Perhaps it's time for me to enter my pints and burgers :lol:

Fixed that for you - its the only league you'll be winning this year. :lol:
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Airwave wrote:

glasshouses

anyway chunkster are you interested in the Windshire to Devon ride?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Airwave wrote:

glasshouses

anyway chunkster are you interested in the Windshire to Devon ride?

Yeah 8th you said? I think.
  • itboffin
    Nay it's the 7th (Friday) eye bleeding early to make sure it's no more than 10 hours, i'll email you the route feel free to suggest improvements - those Exmoor / Dartmoor hills are nasty.
  • jzed
    WIll have to see if I can get the day off.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Asprilla wrote:
    Right, I'm off on holiday for a week and a bit. If I'm not in 20th when I get back I'll be very disappointed in all of you. [/img]

Appears I've 350 miles to make up, game on :wink:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    cjcp wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    I'm refreshed and ready to rack up some mileage.

:? 1200 miles ahead - should be safe.

Asprilla - keep hitting CJCP with the big mileage and he'll break. :wink:

It's going to be down to his weekend passes; commuting wise I've got about 100miles a week over him.

Won't be long until Rolf F is close enough to hear the sound of his creaking knees and I'll be tucked in behind.

Hey - are you drafting me? :evil: Damn SCSdrafting fairies......

You'll make an easy pass of CJCP - he'll still be spinning in the gutter after I've blasted past him.

Ok, ladies; come and have a go...

Did you feel a little cold chill trhough your bones this morning? About a quarter past 8 I'd reckon.........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I've been riding a mountain bike over the channel islands all week. I quite enjoyed it. I particularly like the fact it has a basket on the front which was a handy place to keep my beer.

I've also discovered the best lighting solution for nocturnal single tracking is a 2million candle power spotlight wedged into a basket between a Thai takeaway.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • itboffin
    Asprilla wrote:
    I've been riding a mountain bike over the channel islands all week. I quite enjoyed it. I particularly like the fact it has a basket on the front which was a handy place to keep my beer.

I've also discovered the best lighting solution for nocturnal single tracking is a 2million candle power spotlight wedged into a basket between a Thai takeaway.

Anyone else think this ...?

Character16.jpg
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Oddly enough the chap on the left is what a lot of the locals on the smaller islands look like.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • jzed
    ITBoffin - do you remember 15th November last year?

Well that day arrived for me today :wink:
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:

Accepted for the sex change op? :roll:
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Nah I was rejected for that last week - I have to be on benefits to be eligible

7000 miles boffin, 7000 miles. I'm homing in on your 8001 and then I'll put my feet up for December and enjoy the mince pies.
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    JZed wrote:

Nah I was rejected for that last week - I have to be on benefits to be eligible

7000 miles boffin, 7000 miles. I'm homing in on your 8001 and then I'll put my feet up for December and enjoy the mince pies.

Nice work
  • Airwave
    Good news,the driver who knocked me down handed himself into the police today.According to the pc dealing with the case said it was the media coverage.So big thank you to my club's secretary&press officer for getting it publicised.
  • rolf_f
    Airwave wrote:
    Good news,the driver who knocked me down handed himself into the police today.According to the pc dealing with the case said it was the media coverage.So big thank you to my club's secretary&press officer for getting it publicised.

Brilliant news! Must be a bit of a relief!
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    that is good news, how are you feeling a week on?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Result.

Yeah, how you feeling?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Airwave
    Still very sore around my shoulder/neck area.The worst is sneezing,can't stop it &flippin hurts as it uses those muscles in the neck.The cuts&roadrash are healing up nicely now,just at the stage were you can't help picking the scab even though it hurts :lol:

But missing the bike a lot.I'm not used to this much inactivity.Nine days,that's the longest time off the bike i've had for at least four years i think.At least i've been able to watch the world ch TT's for the last few days&boy it was good today.How good is T.Martin.Mind you it made want to go out for a ride :cry:
  • rolf_f
    Airwave wrote:
    Still very sore around my shoulder/neck area.The worst is sneezing,can't stop it &flippin hurts as it uses those muscles in the neck.The cuts&roadrash are healing up nicely now,just at the stage were you can't help picking the scab even though it hurts :lol:

You need the hydrocolloid patches - no scabs, no scars, almost healed in less than 2 weeks.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Rolf F wrote:
    You need the hydrocolloid patches - no scabs, no scars, almost healed in less than 2 weeks.

+1. They really work, got some dished out by the GP when I was recovering from my argument with Reigate Hill last year. Brilliant on cuts and scrapes.

Great news about the driver.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • Great news on both counts Airwave!!

Glad you're on the mend and that the driver has been identified.

A pal of mine broke his arm recently and cycling was obviously out as was running because of the pain from the impact : however he has started pool runnng to keep his fitness up and says while it's not the most inspiring thing he's ever done it's helping him stay sane!!!
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Airwave wrote:

Great news, I guess it dawned on them being a twunt in a couple of tonne death machine has consequences.

heal up and you'll be back before you know it
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Airwave wrote:

But missing the bike a lot.I'm not used to this much inactivity.Nine days,that's the longest time off the bike i've had for at least four years i think.At least i've been able to watch the world ch TT's for the last few days&boy it was good today.How good is T.Martin.Mind you it made want to go out for a ride :cry:

glad your okay for degrees of okay! and the bloke is caught.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Airwave wrote:

Where is the coverage?
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Airwave wrote:

Where is the coverage?

It's in Dorset
    It's in Dorset

:wink:

Hope you recover properly. What will they charge the driver with, I wonder?
  • Airwave
    The driver was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.

http://www.advertiserandtimes.co.uk/
  • itboffin
    Airwave wrote:
    The driver was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.

http://www.advertiserandtimes.co.uk/

That's something at least, how are you?