Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,607
    Hmm, if I extend my commute home to 2900 miles, then I'll be able to swan past you on my way in tomorrow Asprilla. Better watch your back.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    pangolin wrote:
    Hmm, if I extend my commute home to 2900 miles, then I'll be able to swan past you on my way in tomorrow Asprilla. Better watch your back.

Plus 42 for my commute tomorrow, of course.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • pangolin
    Ah. Well forget it then.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • @gbsahne :

you know you're quite right : I've been pretty slack recently and really ought to put some proper effort in.

I wasted another opportunity on the weekend and did a paltry 107 on the ruddy cross bike when I could have been doing some decent mileage on the race bike!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Added to which I'll be taking a rest day midweek this week to give myself some kind of chance of keeping up with the rest of club when we do the Tour Ride Wales on Sunday

:):):)
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    @gbsahne :

you know you're quite right : I've been pretty slack recently and really ought to put some proper effort in.

I wasted another opportunity on the weekend and did a paltry 107 on the ruddy cross bike when I could have been doing some decent mileage on the race bike!!

Shocking, I was in a similar boat though, only clocking up 83 miles; 56 CX & 27 MTB. This weekend will be even less, as I've got to decorate the house before the family return but I have a 1000 (or so) mile trip planned from BH onwards, as I've 2 weeks off work.
  • asprilla
    CJCP is doing miles whilst on holiday, that's cheating.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Asprilla wrote:
    CJCP is doing miles whilst on holiday, that's cheating.

:wink:

Not going to hand that position to you on a plate, sunshine. You gotta work for it.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • asprilla
    I've got no worries, I know you'll be slacking on the commute when you are back.

I've even agreed to a week off in September just to give you some hope.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • cjcp
    Asprilla wrote:
    I've got no worries, I know you'll be slacking on the commute when you are back.

The Ferguson-style mind games won't work on me. Boffin has tried it the past two years and, in both years, it literally broke him, his body crumbling. You're the one chasing. The pressure's on you.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    You can only really call it chasing if we are both moving; at the moment it's just me cycling towards you.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I just haven't got the SCS mojo this year. Too many non cycling holiday weeks........

And crap weekend weather.......

Bleaghhhhh
    Faster than a tent.......
  • cjcp
    Asprilla wrote:
    You can only really call it chasing if we are both moving; at the moment it's just me cycling towards you.

Your rate of progress suggests you've been on holiday, too...
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

I was just getting up to speed, I'm there now.

Just did some quick calculations and you are going to have to do three laps of the park on the way home every day just to tread water. How much fun is that going to be?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • gbsahne001
    going for a minimum of 13000 this year, maybe heading up to 14000
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    gbsahne wrote:

Insane
  • gbsahne001
    JZed wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:

Insane

probably
  • cjcp
    Asprilla wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Just did some quick calculations and you are going to have to do three laps of the park on the way home every day just to tread water. How much fun is that going to be?

Challenge accepted. Fended off Rich158 during the inaugural year of SCS after he beat up a car, so I don't roll over easily.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • asprilla
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Challenge accepted. Fended off Rich158 during the inaugural year of SCS after he beat up a car, so I don't roll over easily.

Are you implying you were driving the car?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

The Ferguson-style mind games won't work on me. Boffin has tried it the past two years and, in both years, it literally broke him, his body crumbling. You're the one chasing. The pressure's on you.

Quietly training I think is the phrase you're looking for :twisted:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    gbsahne wrote:

You appear to have added an extra 0 on those figures :lol: Thats a great effort though!
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    edited August 2011
    Found a bug in SCStats website...

If you delete a ride it removes the miles from the "year to date" but if you add the ride back it adds it twice, although the Month and week to date figures are correct

so, if the YTD was 3045.9 (MTD 467.4, wtd 150.0) and you delete the last 15.2mile ride it drops to 3030.7 (452.2, 134.8 ), but if you add that ride back again with the same distance/date/time details it goes to 3061.1 (467.4, 150.0), i.e. 3045.9 + 15.2

I have corrected it by adding up all the monthly figures and setting the 'YTD' figure manually :(
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • cjcp
    itboffin wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Quietly training I think is the phrase you're looking for :twisted:

As in, spending a lot of time on trains?

How are the knees, old man? :twisted:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483

If you delete a ride it removes the miles from the "year to date" but if you add the ride back it adds it twice, although the Month and week to date figures are correct

so, if the YTD was 3045.9 (MTD 467.4, wtd 150.0) and you delete the last 15.2mile ride it drops to 3030.7 (452.2, 134.8 ), but if you add that ride back again with the same distance/date/time details it goes to 3061.1 (467.4, 150.0), i.e. 3045.9 + 15.2

I have corrected it by adding up all the monthly figures and setting the 'YTD' figure manually :(

Just added up all my monthly totals&put in the corrected figuire.Was actualy 100+miles less when i did this :(
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Airwave wrote:

Just added up all my monthly totals&put in the corrected figuire.Was actualy 100+miles less when i did this :(
    Wot? An error? Never. I'll have a look, sometime. Not now though - it's Friday night.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Airwave wrote:

The sum of my monthly totals actually came out 75 miles or so higher than the calculated total :lol:

Still, the sum of my rides this month does equal the total listed for the month despite the fact that I have deleted and re-added one or two rides.

The worst I may have to knock off is 20 miles as that is the shortfall between the SCS total and my spreadsheet. But I think the spreadsheet is in error there.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Bless me. I put a tweak in the other day to show positions for each trip, and err, well anyway. Not a big issue; only affects anyone who's updated since Wednesday afternoon, resolved now. I've sorted the issue, corrected the invalid trips and opened the wine. Move along. Nothing to see.

Well spotted Optimist.
  • pangolin
    Ooh... that's changed things! 5 place jump for me :o
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Holy crap I just jumped 11 places.

Are you sure you've not broken it even more CiB. I've been in the hundred teens for most of this year, now I'm 106.
  • CiB wrote:
    Bless me. I put a tweak in the other day to show positions for each trip, and err, well anyway. Not a big issue; only affects anyone who's updated since Wednesday afternoon, resolved now. I've sorted the issue, corrected the invalid trips and opened the wine. Move along. Nothing to see.

Well spotted Optimist.
    Thanks CiB and no problem... so much for 'its friday night', you're as bad as me!

Good thing is I jumped from 49 to 45 :) so must have been a few above me been deleting and adding a lot...

Sadly, will now take til Tuesday evening to break 3000 miles for the year, so the celebratory Crunchie will have to wait......
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry: