Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Ahh LEJOG memories. We crossed the Clyde at Dunoon and then got to Inverary onwards via Argyll forest. Got totally soaked, and even though it was only September it was the coldest I have ever been on my bike. Was a pretty tough 100 miles.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    notsoblue wrote:
    Ahh LEJOG memories. We crossed the Clyde at Dunoon and then got to Inverary onwards via Argyll forest. Got totally soaked, and even though it was only September it was the coldest I have ever been on my bike. Was a pretty tough 100 miles.

^ This too.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    JZed wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

^ This too.

Deffo. My big toe on my right foot is still numb (I'm not joking!).
    FCN 2 to 8
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    StuAff wrote:
    Glencoe was a bit blowy, I think it's in the unwritten rules somewhere. No hail, thankfully. And I never do well when it's windy at the best of times....
    Last day into JOG was 62 miles into a headwind. Lovely.....!!!

Glencoe was undoubtedly the highlight of the whole trip for me, coming as it did during the worst day of the 10-day trip. It truly lifted the spirits as we hit 50mph at times, and was good to see people in lay-bys hearing us coming and turning to watch us fly by! :)

We were blessed with the weather though - 9 days of sunshine and one overcast day, no rain!
    Still breathing.....
  • esd
    esd Posts: 36
    what is begreenrecycle oing this week...so many miles
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    He's going the other way - JOGLE.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Mr Plum
    Unlucky, I thought I got some bad weather...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Hi guys,

Been busy as you can see. BTW - I'm a she not a he ;-)

Got back from the Deloitte Ride Across Britain on Monday. John O'Groats to Land's End, 961 miles - the most I've ever done in one month, let alone 9 days - horrendous rain and headwinds.... didn't even see Glen Coe. But at least I saw the temporary traffic lights that another rider piled through, resulting in a broken collar bone. And who knew Somerset and Devon were so hilly?

Still managed to place 3rd woman (behind Olympian Sarah Storey and one other), 38th overall out of 600+, so very happy with that. Mostly thanks to this Silly Commuter Stats table spurring me on in training!

Can definitely recommend the event... they are doing LEJoG route next year if anyone fancies. The organisation was fantastic. And I got to ride with James Cracknell for all of about 3 metres.

be_green_recycle
    *must rest this week and avoid watching my name drop down the table*
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Well I take full responsibility for your success of course, a laydee you say hmmm interesting!!

Be sure to include a signed photo with your donation to PUR BOX 666
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Hi guys,

Been busy as you can see. BTW - I'm a she not a he ;-)

Got back from the Deloitte Ride Across Britain on Monday. John O'Groats to Land's End, 961 miles - the most I've ever done in one month, let alone 9 days - horrendous rain and headwinds.... didn't even see Glen Coe. But at least I saw the temporary traffic lights that another rider piled through, resulting in a broken collar bone. And who knew Somerset and Devon were so hilly?

Still managed to place 3rd woman (behind Olympian Sarah Storey and one other), 38th overall out of 600+, so very happy with that. Mostly thanks to this Silly Commuter Stats table spurring me on in training!

Can definitely recommend the event... they are doing LEJoG route next year if anyone fancies. The organisation was fantastic. And I got to ride with James Cracknell for all of about 3 metres.

be_green_recycle
    *must rest this week and avoid watching my name drop down the table*

Well done!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Got to struggle with 13 miles needed for 500 for the month and 2200 for the year tomorrow.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    Woo-hoo - 1800 for the year tonight... and 595 (well its nearly 600) for the month... wish I'd got out at the weekend now and done a quick 5 miles...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • esd
    esd Posts: 36
    I see be green recycle is back....rested?
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    Now 2002 miles and 1 place behind CiB :)
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • Passed the 3000 mile mark on my commute into the office today :)

11 days behind plan for 6k miles over the year but days like today are what makes commuting enjoyable
  • Mr Plum
    I've had a very low milage month after LEJOG. Need to pick it up again...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • jzed
    :shock: We have a newcomer with 4,884 miles. Been lazy since LEJOG, time to start putting the miles back in.
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    :shock: We have a newcomer with 4,884 miles. Been lazy since LEJOG, time to start putting the miles back in.

What happened in June ...?

you need to MTFU and do some miles lad :roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:
    JZed wrote:

What happened in June ...?

you need to MTFU and do some miles lad :roll:

Came back for LEJOG, gave the legs a rest, work interfered with evenings, commuted mainly by MTB, with Marmotte approaching took it easy. Didn't realise had done so little.
  • itboffin
    Next you'll be blaming too many trips to the 'Peth etc etc etc

:wink:

BTW talking of boozing, i'm most likely going to be staying over in the big smoke on Thursday, so a ickle ride around the park followed by beers in the Roebuck ???

hmmmm beers 8)
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:
    Next you'll be blaming too many trips to the 'Peth etc etc etc

:wink:

BTW talking of boozing, i'm most likely going to be staying over in the big smoke on Thursday, so a ickle ride around the park followed by beers in the Roebuck ???

hmmmm beers 8)

Sounds like a plan
  • itboffin
    Yep need to start my carb loading for the next two sportives :roll:
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:

The Reading ones - that mean your now a 6th or 13th for the gathering?

Am liking the look of this (don't ask me why - I hate ascents)

http://www.hauteroute.org/en/
  • itboffin
    JZed wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

The Reading ones - that mean your now a 6th or 13th for the gathering?

Am liking the look of this (don't ask me why - I hate ascents)

http://www.hauteroute.org/en/

Nope i'm good for 30th or any of those dates really, private invite sportives 8)
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Finally joined this stats thing, have averaged out the last few months due to lazy recording, hopefully not messed anything up. 25th place, must try harder!
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    New commute is four miles extra each day.

That's an extra 40 miles a week or about 1500 miles a year.

Next year is going to be interesting.....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,607
    Been knocked off your top spot!

Quite impressive that Airwave is managing a regular 60+ a day... how do you manage that?!

Shocking first half of the year for me, I blame getting married. Finished top 50 last year and am currently 84th. Cycling to be done.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    a temporary glitch which wll be resolved after the next bank holiday, although TBH, I'm surprised that either he or RM have taken this long to knock me off.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Slowly clawing my way up the board.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX