Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Who resets passwords these days

You know, just incase some idiot would forget theirs.....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I know a man who can. Done - see your PM.
  • CiB
    ANNOUNCEMENT
    Some sort of half-hearted advance notice here that you might see issues with Stats over the next few days; equally you might not.

How so? The hosting company's mail server has gone belly-up. Some boffins in white coats are trying to fix it and may do so today, but if they don't the startfarm domain will be transferred to the parent company's servers and...

Gah. Too much info. Stats might disappear for a while, it might not but if it does it'll be a temporary interruption whilst everything is moved. Me? I'll be away for most of the weekend so it won't bother me too much. Write your Stats down on Post-Its if it does drop off for a while though.
    Stats will now move, tonight Monday May 9th - 10th so be prepared for some temporary down-time whilst the men in white coats man-handle it from a ropey old desktop to a shiny new server. It should all work without a glitch unless you're busy adding stats at 3 in the morning, but If it does go pear-shaped I'll have to find time to rejig the connection details so that it can find the two years worth of numbers again before you all come on here complaining tomorrow morning. Have your Post-It notes at the ready though.

FYI web Stats is two years old on Friday. May 13th two years ago it all went up, with some exotic colours and a dubious bit of number-crunching. Raise your glasses to ITB, who first spawned this thread, and blame my eldest who caught a raging appendicitis and in doing so caused me to have a couple of nights on my own in the house with nothing more than an idea and a spare domain. Maybe I should have gone off in search of internet pr0n or watched reruns of Top Gear on Dave instead. He's better anyway. Not so sure about the rest of us.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Now isn't that grand??? 13 is my lucky number - I even changed the date of my wedding to ensure the right date. :roll:

No OCD at all, anyway thanks Chris great work over these years and hopefully many more to come, I just hope you're all enjoying the pain and suffer as much as I did those first couple of years ...?

I know I'm loved it NOT!!! :lol:

Ps. Nice dry clear night tonight, just right for some late night riding ... just saying :P :lol: :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    I just want to record for posterity my first official 200km/125mile commuting week :) I know its not much to some, but its a target I have been working towards... the next is 150miles/240km... then I'm stuck cos thats 5 days/week and anything significantly more will mean finding a very strange way home (there's no equivalent of a few laps of RP on my route and, no, I'm not going to make that big a detour!)
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    I just want to record for posterity my first official 200km/125mile commuting week :) I know its not much to some, but its a target I have been working towards... the next is 150miles/240km... then I'm stuck cos thats 5 days/week and anything significantly more will mean finding a very strange way home (there's no equivalent of a few laps of RP on my route and, no, I'm not going to make that big a detour!)
    There are 7 riding days in the week. And nights ;)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Can I make a request. I recently added a ride type starting with B, this is now my default instead of "commuting". This is annoying. Can we have a delete ride type button or set default ride type option please?

Should break 2,000 miles tonight. Wahoooo I don't think I rode 2,000 miles in the whole of last year!
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Sketchley wrote:
    Can I make a request. I recently added a ride type starting with B, this is now my default instead of "commuting". This is annoying. Can we have a delete ride type button or set default ride type option please?

Should break 2,000 miles tonight. Wahoooo I don't think I rode 2,000 miles in the whole of last year!

+1, I made the mistake of entering "Audax" as a ride type, and I'm far too lazy to change to "Commute" every time.
  • CiB
    Sketchley wrote:

+1, I made the mistake of entering "Audax" as a ride type, and I'm far too lazy to change to "Commute" every time.
    Good points both. I had been pondering something along those lines actually as it annoys the life out of me and I wrote the damn thing. Deleting a ride type would require a default fallback value but that's not an issue; equally it wouldn't take much to set the ride drop down to either a default or last used value. Watch this space, as we say...
  • CiB
    There yer go. Two new features.

The ride type drop-down will now show the ride type for the last ride that you entered when you go to the Add page.

There's a new button that lets you delete a ride type that you don't want to use any more. When you delete it, the descriptions for any rides that it did refer to will instead default to 'Commute' as a description.

You can't delete the default 'Commute' ride type. I'm not having that. Stats needs it.

I've also dropped the SS & FG buttons as they made it more cluttered than it should be.
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    StuAff wrote:
    There are 7 riding days in the week. And nights ;)
    I do ride weekends too :)... I was refering to commuting and I do my hardest not to go into the office at weekends...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    CiB wrote:

The ride type drop-down will now show the ride type for the last ride that you entered when you go to the Add page.

There's a new button that lets you delete a ride type that you don't want to use any more. When you delete it, the descriptions for any rides that it did refer to will instead default to 'Commute' as a description.

You can't delete the default 'Commute' ride type. I'm not having that. Stats needs it.

I've also dropped the SS & FG buttons as they made it more cluttered than it should be.
    Good stuff. Cheers, CIB
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    I did the least miles this year last week, lazy very lazy
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • CiB wrote:

Works a treat, cheers!
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Thanks CiB big improvement.

On another note 2,000 miles :D
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    CiB wrote:

fantastic and considering the price!
  • CiB
    Just to bump this old beast back of a thread up a bit, gbsahne warrants a [patronising] pat on the head for hitting 5000 miles before May's out. Not bad going that, even if it does put him 3351.8 miles ahead of me and therefore almost out of touching distance. Good going sir.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    I reached 3.5 k for the year this morning. 4k to follow in the near future! :D
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    CiB wrote:
    Just to bump this old beast back of a thread up a bit, gbsahne warrants a [patronising] pat on the head for hitting 5000 miles before May's out. Not bad going that, even if it does put him 3351.8 miles ahead of me and therefore almost out of touching distance. Good going sir.

thanks for that but Airwave and Running Man look as though they'll catch me shortly; my only hope is the trip I've planned for July; Reading to Devon, along the coast to Dover, Canterbury and back.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I have lapsed, well and truly. should have been on the bike today but I knackered my foot last night running for the train. Can hardly walk now. Ballcocks.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • @gbsahne :

Hey fella, my legs are completely chewed .... I have no idea how or why I've done this amount of miles as I was planning to focus on faster work this year.... no brains ...

Anyway I reckon you and Airwave need a nice long rest for a couple of months ... put your feet up / relax / take things easy ....

:lol::lol::lol:
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    @gbsahne :

Hey fella, my legs are completely chewed ....

know how you feel, not sure what's planned for the weekend at this moment, I'll probably be out on the MTB with my daughter now that her plaster cast has been removed.
  • Ah : hope she's recovering well!!

Regrettably on Monday I've agreed to a 110 round trip down to Shaftsbury with some quick pals specifically to go up Gold Hill : the cobbled street in the Hovis ads ...

It'll be preceded by a gentle-ish 60 or so on Friday and a 30 miler Sunday ....

I wonder if I get injured I could have a rest???

Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • Prawny: sorry you're not going to get any sympathy from me, it's your own fault for being lazy and getting the train! :) You've only got 2085 miles to catch me up :D
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    Ah : hope she's recovering well!!

Regrettably on Monday I've agreed to a 110 round trip down to Shaftsbury with some quick pals specifically to go up Gold Hill : the cobbled street in the Hovis ads ...

It'll be preceded by a gentle-ish 60 or so on Friday and a 30 miler Sunday ....

I wonder if I get injured I could have a rest???

Trying to balance the long rides,TTs&training hard for them is a fine line which i'm just about managing.But i do sometimes think it's all going to go pear shape sooner or later.A familar feeling i'm sure other high milage nutters must feel at times.

I was riding up near Shaftesbury last sunday doing some of the hills nearby.I've been up&down Gold hill a few times but never on a bike.I hope it's dry for your attempt,i think it would be a little interesting to say the least if the cobbles are damp :lol: Good luck!Let us know how you got on.
  • itboffin
    I'm having dinner with friends at a rather nice pub just outside salisbury, going by car too
  • prawny
    Prawny: sorry you're not going to get any sympathy from me, it's your own fault for being lazy and getting the train! :) You've only got 2085 miles to catch me up :D

I've got some more miles to add, I reckon I'm only 1997 miles behind now :?

Hopefully I might be able to sneak 10 or so in the morning.

In better news my foot is better and my guns are well buff, grrrrr.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny wrote:
    Hopefully I might be able to sneak 10 or so in the morning.

In better news my foot is better and my guns are well buff, grrrrr.

And so it starts, 10 here 10 there :)

Good to hear the foots better but forget the guns, they're just extra weight. Legs are where the actions at :D

I'll look forward to seeing you back on the road, probably when its tipping it down!!!
  • prawny
    Just stuck my name down for a 90 mile sportive in October. Went out for 15 this mornin, maybe another 20 tonight :?
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny
    26 miles 18.8mph average. That'll do for now.

I'll update the table soon, I promise!
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017