Silly Commuter Stats

Comments

• jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    gbsahne wrote:
    I've been told I'm not allowed near the bike shed over the Easter Weekend

Choose a bike now and leave it in the house....
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    JZed wrote:
    gbsahne wrote:
    I've been told I'm not allowed near the bike shed over the Easter Weekend

Choose a bike now and leave it in the house....
    :lol: Good lateral thinking. As lateral as gbsahne will be when his missus lamps him one..
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    itboffin wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    Just noticed I'm next to hit 1000 YTD, unless someone does before tomorrow AM. Pitiful, compared to prev years.

Yeh but dont you feel better for not killing yourself ? :lol:
    No - I'm doing nowhere enough; can only fit two commutes per week in this year and struggle to get weekend rides in so mileage & fitness is below prev years. I'm used to things improving & increasing year on year. This could be the start of the slippery slope and I don't fancy that, what with a milestone b/day coming up next year.

At least I've had 3 days on it this week, with tomorrow to come. And I hit the 1000 this morning just before Stratton Audley - that's a village, not a former school friend.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Just rolled over the 2k YTD milestone with a 98 mile ride today. I was pushing for 100 but didn't fuel up enough and it was touch and go as to whether I'd make it home at all...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    Rest day tomorrow - if driving down to Penzance is resting.

Then Friday is the big off which will hopefully see me add approx. 1000 miles in 10 days :)
    Still breathing.....
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Good luck, sir.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Good luck Hambones. Looking forward to hearing all about it in a couple of weeks!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • jzed
    Yeah good luck Hambones - glad to hear your still with us and hope you have a enjoyable trip (even if you do temporarily leap frog us in the stats).

Be interested to hear how you get on as I'll be 4 weeks behind you (Lelog and not the secretary :lol: )

Safe trip
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    looks like being an enforced rest week, courtesy of the car driver who decided to move forward and then jam her brakes on at a mini roundabout, when there was nothing on the roundabout. grr :twisted:

stitches in the chin, butterfly sitches and glue around the eye (very swollen) and nose, broken teeth and a sore neck; bike seems ok though.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    gbsahne wrote:
    looks like being an enforced rest week, courtesy of the car driver who decided to move forward and then jam her brakes on at a mini roundabout, when there was nothing on the roundabout. grr :twisted:

stitches in the chin, butterfly sitches and glue around the eye (very swollen) and nose, broken teeth and a sore neck; bike seems ok though.

Ow, hope it all heals up ok. Unluucky.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • jzed
    Ouch - speedy recovery gbsahne
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    gbsahne wrote:

ouch sorry to hear that, heal up... was it your missus?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • stuaff
    gbsahne wrote:

Aargh! Get well soon.
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • gbsahne001
    thanks all, just looked at the bike and at first glance it appeared ok Now that I've looked at it though, the headset's gone, which makes me suspicious of the carbon forks and then whether the frames got any issues.

Might be time to find the LBS and have them give it the once over.
  • pianoleo
    pianoleo Posts: 135
    Sounds painful - I've got a nice scar coming up on my chest from going into the back of a van a few weeks back.

Did you get the driver's details?
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    Hats off to Sbezza 19:17 for a 10,i struggle to hold 30mph+ downhill&wind assisted for just a few minutes on a good day :)

Speedy recovery gbsahne.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    hambones wrote:
    Rest day tomorrow - if driving down to Penzance is resting.

Then Friday is the big off which will hopefully see me add approx. 1000 miles in 10 days :)

Good luck you've got the weather for it so far.

Glad to hear you're okay gbsahne, relatively speaking.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • gbsahne001
    first miles since the accident; felt very strange.
  • Sounds grim gbsahne : hope all is mending well :
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • gbsahne001
    edited April 2011
    First day back on the commute and proper miles, everything seems to be working as it should; neck's still a bit stiff though but other than that it was good to be back on 2 wheels.

Stitches out this morning and Dentist tomorrow; not looking forward to that.

I've also been told to wear a helmet by my daughter, nieces, nephews, sister in law, brother and off course Mrs GBS. I suspect I may succumb to the pressure, that or be like the kids I see in the morning, with the helmet suspended on the handlebars.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    gbsahne wrote:
    First day back on the commute and proper miles, everything seems to be working as it should; neck's still a bit stiff though but other than that it was good to be back on 2 wheels.

Stitches out this morning and Dentist tomorrow; not looking forward to that.

All the best - sounds very nasty! Well done on getting back into so soon.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Some sort of half-hearted advance notice here that you might see issues with Stats over the next few days; equally you might not.

How so? The hosting company's mail server has gone belly-up. Some boffins in white coats are trying to fix it and may do so today, but if they don't the startfarm domain will be transferred to the parent company's servers and...

Gah. Too much info. Stats might disappear for a while, it might not but if it does it'll be a temporary interruption whilst everything is moved. Me? I'll be away for most of the weekend so it won't bother me too much. Write your Stats down on Post-Its if it does drop off for a while though.
  • itboffin
    edited April 2011
    CiB wrote:
    Some sort of half-hearted advance notice here that you might see issues with Stats over the next few days; equally you might not.

How so? The hosting company's mail server has gone belly-up. Some boffins in white coats are trying to fix it and may do so today, but if they don't the startfarm domain will be transferred to the parent company's servers and...

Gah. Too much info. Stats might disappear for a while, it might not but if it does it'll be a temporary interruption whilst everything is moved. Me? I'll be away for most of the weekend so it won't bother me too much. Write your Stats down on Post-Its if it does drop off for a while though.

:lol:

Once this news breaks there's going to be some very distressed peeps :lol:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jzed
    itboffin wrote:
    Once this news breaks there's going to be some very distressed peeps :lol:

Stats backup taken
  • pianoleo
    pianoleo Posts: 135
    What, the full db? I'm impressed!
  • jzed
    pianoleo wrote:
    What, the full db? I'm impressed!

Nope - too selfish for that - just my own.....
  • itboffin
    Why not just start everyone from zero again ...? :twisted:
  • [Tim]
    [Tim] Posts: 64
    Well I think that's my high point #16. Assisted by a 10day LEJOG over the bank holidays.

A slow decline back to the 30s is on the cards I think.
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    10 day Lejog also completed.

A great adventure, mostly B roads. Great companions despite previous jocular threads that ran out of control.

One interesting point - followed the route selected on Bikely which turned out to be 100 miles out on distance!!!

I look forward to eating double portions again....
    Still breathing.....
  • stuaff
    hambones wrote:
    10 day Lejog also completed.

A great adventure, mostly B roads. Great companions despite previous jocular threads that ran out of control.

One interesting point - followed the route selected on Bikely which turned out to be 100 miles out on distance!!!

I look forward to eating double portions again....

Bravo! Full report to follow I hope, once you've recovered!